Smallville -- "Gemini" -- 12/13/2007

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-07, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smallville -- "Gemini" -- 12/13/2007

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
A mysterious man who claims to be a product of Lex's latest project plants a bomb on Chloe and uses her to force Lois to get the truth on 33.1 from Lex.

A new episode?!?! Who knew! Of course it is the last new episode until 1/31/2008.
Old 12-13-07, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Synopsis from CW's web site:

Spoiler:
Clark returns to Smallville from the Fortress and tells Lana that Kara is gone. Clark tells Lana they should team up to bring Lex down, so she gives him all the information she's gathered so far, including a report on a man named Adrian, who was infected with an alien substance.

Adrian secretly plants a bomb on Chloe and tells Lois if she doesn't get Lex to admit the truth about his experiments with 33.1, he will detonate the bomb.

Chloe, thinking she is about to die, confesses to Jimmy that she is a meteor freak.
Old 12-13-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
So in two and a half months (November 15th - January 31st) we get one episode?

Wow. That sucks.
Old 12-13-07, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was hoping to see Chloe do some crying, but I guess that's not quite how her power works.

This was a strange episode (hated Lois carrying most of the episode, though).

Does Biz have all of Clark's memories? I guess so.
Old 12-13-07, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
God dammit, my CW was out for the entire episode, but came back in time for Supernatural. First episode I've missed in awhile, so I'm a little pissed.
Old 12-13-07, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
A bit of a snoozefest tonight. Shit, I forgot Kara was blasted away to another place.
Old 12-14-07, 02:53 AM

I knew it was bizarro from the start. the dead give away was clark telling lana "let's take down lex together". like this clark has the balls to say that. boring episode. the difference between this season and last is that oliver queen ain't around to give life to this season. He was the sole reason last season was the best and he isn't in an episode until february. but yet we get more clark and lana relationship crap. I hope oliver is in at least 6 episodes to salvage this bad season.
Old 12-14-07, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by sinister
I knew it was bizarro from the start. the dead give away was clark telling lana "let's take down lex together". like this clark has the balls to say that. boring episode. the difference between this season and last is that oliver queen ain't around to give life to this season. He was the sole reason last season was the best and he isn't in an episode until february. but yet we get more clark and lana relationship crap. I hope oliver is in at least 6 episodes to salvage this bad season.
Black Canary is coming to give Ollie some "trouble" in Jan or Feb.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 12-14-07 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-14-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
A new episode?!?! Who knew! Of course it is the last new episode until 1/31/2008.

Yeah - this new one came out of nowhere plus I missed the last episode (DVR didn't record it for some unknown reason) so I was a little bit lost.
Old 12-14-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
That was quite possibly one of the worst episodes in series history.
Old 12-18-07, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
Weird. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I felt the acting was the most consistent throughout all of the actors and actresses - especially Lana and Lois. In fact, I think this may have been KK's most convincing performance as Lana to date. I didn't get that feeling of dread every time she came on the screen.

I knew something was different/off, but I couldn't tell what. Then about half way through I felt like I was seeing a semi-reboot. I felt that each of the characters was acting a lot more adult like and moving the series forward.

I was very surprised by the ending in fact! Hopefully that runs for a few more storylines until somebody else figures something out and does something about it, rather than Clark "escaping". Or is this possibly tied to his "training/lesson"? Or are we to assume it's been Bizzaro since the opener?!

Side note: This is the type of Lex that Smallville has nailed and TAS captured so well. A ruthless, power hungry genius who is willing to manipulate the people and system to get what he wants. He is always one step ahead and keeping his hands clean. Unfortunately, the movies have always played him one-on-one with Superman, and it just doesn't work since it limits Lex to one dimension.
Old 12-18-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
You obviously never saw the Fast and the Furious episode.

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. The acting was top notch, and Lex being at the top of his ruthless game is always welcome. I liked the clone plot as well.
Old 12-18-07, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
It wasn't bad but I'm just having a hard time caring. Clark and Lana getting back together again for the hundreth time, regardless of whether it was Bizzaro was just stupid. Now Julian is a clone? Come on, why even waste time on the guy if they're just going to clone him out?
Old 12-18-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
You obviously never saw the Fast and the Furious episode.

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. The acting was top notch, and Lex being at the top of his ruthless game is always welcome. I liked the clone plot as well.
Vampire college chicks trump F&F!!
Old 12-18-07, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by Superman07
Or are we to assume it's been Bizzaro since the opener?!
No, I don't think so.

Remember, the last thing we saw on the episode prior to this was Jor-el saying that there would be consequences for Clark's recent disobedience.
Old 12-18-07, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Superman07

Side note: This is the type of Lex that Smallville has nailed and TAS captured so well. A ruthless, power hungry genius who is willing to manipulate the people and system to get what he wants. He is always one step ahead and keeping his hands clean. Unfortunately, the movies have always played him one-on-one with Superman, and it just doesn't work since it limits Lex to one dimension.
I agree. I think the movies need to go with "Rich Corporate Bastard" Lex and ditch the movie version we've been stuck with since '78.
Old 12-18-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still think that was one of the worst episodes ever. Alright, you need a reporter to write a story for you...so you threaten to blow up her best friend.....even though you can walk over to a computer and type it out yourself. Even in the Smallville world that is idioteque. And I'm all for more Erica Durance, but that doesn't mean she can act. Also, the actor who plays Julian / Clone / Editor is still a total douchebag.
The whole idea of a clone is just about as lame as the whole Peter amensia thing from Heroes....of wait, they did that for Kara. I will say though that Lex has been plenty badass as of late.

Maybe I'm just being overly harsh, but it just feels like the last two seasons were particularly strong and this one is kind've straggling out the gate.

And damn you who mock Vampire Sorority college chicks! That could've been a great late night Cinemax spin-off.
Old 12-19-07, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And damn you who mock Vampire Sorority college chicks! That could've been a great late night Cinemax spin-off.

Originally Posted by GuessWho
No, I don't think so.

Remember, the last thing we saw on the episode prior to this was Jor-el saying that there would be consequences for Clark's recent disobedience.
Yeah, but why would he purposefully lock Clark up and allow Bizzaro to run around? Besides, I thougth MM took care of him? I know MM was working with Jor-El, but that's just weird.
Old 12-19-07, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I will say though that Lex has been plenty badass as of late.
I wonder if this isn't intentional build up to script Michael Rosenbaum's departure. Enjoyed the episode well enough, but it certainly wasn't good enough to keep me sated for a month waiting for the next new episode!

Looks like they have three more in the can... and the guest stars look AWESOME!

Spoiler:
James Marsters returns as Braniac!

Spoiler:
Green Arrow returns with Black Canary!

Spoiler:
Pete Ross returns!

Talk about pulling out the stops!!!
Old 12-19-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That is a pretty bad ass guest list. Anybody know if Supergirl is returning anytime soon?
Old 12-19-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't know Michael Rosenbaum was leaving. Is this his last season? Har to do Smallville w/o him.
Old 12-19-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think they could do Smallville without him. He is making a big mistake, I think, if he leaves. Many stars have left for greener pastures and been sorry they did later.
Old 12-19-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
I think they could do Smallville without him. He is making a big mistake, I think, if he leaves. Many stars have left for greener pastures and been sorry they did later.

Of course Smallville could go on without him. It would be at an even lower standard then it's been the past several years (save for the first half of last season) I doubt he'd be a big star if he left after next season as opposed to this season but if he's bored with the role and routine he should walk away.
Old 12-19-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Timber
Of course Smallville could go on without him. It would be at an even lower standard then it's been the past several years (save for the first half of last season) I doubt he'd be a big star if he left after next season as opposed to this season but if he's bored with the role and routine he should walk away.
I thought the showrunners essentially said there was only one season more after this one.
Old 12-19-07, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There has been no definitive decision. James Marsters and Kristin Kreuk both said they think this is the last. Personally, I wouldn't mind one more.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.