Pushing Daisies "Corpsicle" -12/12/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-07, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pushing Daisies "Corpsicle" -12/12/07

"Corpsicle"
Spoiler:
Ned splits time between investigating the case of a frozen insurance adjuster and making amends with Chuck. Meanwhile, scent expert Oscar Vibenius (Paul Reubens) returns to handle an aroma-related inquiry.

No thread yet? Final episode until the strike ends...
Old 12-13-07, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think every character had great moments, even the tranplant kid was funny with his sarcasm.

So much good stuff in this episode and I didn't expect that at the end.

This strike really stinks.
Old 12-13-07, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Abner's house looked a whole lot like the house from Bewitched.

Abner? Betwitched?

The episode brought up another question: has Ned ever tried to bring back somebody who met their untimely death due to a 1 minute overrun?
Old 12-13-07, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good thing I checked the schedule at 7:55 last night. I wasn't expecting a new episode.

So Swoozie is really
Spoiler:
Chuck's mother?
Wonder why Chuck was led to believe she was an aunt.

Olive saying "bosom" over and over just isn't as good has her actually showing it.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 12-13-07 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-13-07, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Abner's house looked a whole lot like the house from Bewitched.

Abner? Betwitched?
I noticed that too.

Originally Posted by Chew
The episode brought up another question: has Ned ever tried to bring back somebody who met their untimely death due to a 1 minute overrun?
Yes, I asked the same thing... when Ned brought Chuck back to life, one of the owners of the funeral home (Louis Schatz) died on the toilet because Ned had avoided the 60 second rule. In a later episode ("Fun in Funeral"), they bring Louis back to life to ask him some questions.
Old 12-13-07, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Did anyone else notice that one of the exterior shots of the sick kid's house (the overhead one facing the street) was the same shot used at the end of Groundhog Day?

Oh, and fucking writers' strike. What an episode to leave us on.
Old 12-13-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Yes, I asked the same thing... when Ned brought Chuck back to life, one of the owners of the funeral home (Louis Schatz) died on the toilet because Ned had avoided the 60 second rule. In a later episode ("Fun in Funeral"), they bring Louis back to life to ask him some questions.
Ah yes, that's right.
Old 12-13-07, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,131 Posts
I saw bits and pieces of the ep but I Tivo'd it at work so I'll try to catch it tonight. I did see the end and I screamed when Swoozie said what she said.
Old 12-13-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was this the last ep of the "season"?
Old 12-13-07, 10:08 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Great episode all-around. I'm glad they've started to give Emerson some background and depth.
Old 12-13-07, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really liked that crab thing that was walking around when she was tripping from eating all the overdosed pie. What a wacky show!
Old 12-13-07, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 607 Likes on 351 Posts
Okay, so the idea of PieMan bringing back Chuck's dad, even for a minute, seems kinda gross. Since he died when they were kids, he would be nothing but a skeleton at this point, right? Why would Chuck want to talk to a skeleton? Even for a minute?
Old 12-13-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Haven't seen this yet. I'm too knowing that this could be the last episode of the season.

Old 12-13-07, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bronkster
Okay, so the idea of PieMan bringing back Chuck's dad, even for a minute, seems kinda gross. Since he died when they were kids, he would be nothing but a skeleton at this point, right? Why would Chuck want to talk to a skeleton? Even for a minute?
Ned I thought realizes this, which is one reason why he wouldn't do it. Chuck probably hasn't thought that all the way through. I can understand why she would want to do it, though afterwards she'd probably be sorry she did.

On the other hand, with today's burials, he probably wouldn't look too much different.

I hope they plan on re-running these each week until the new ones come back. I wouldn't mind watching these again. And again some more. This has been an absolutely fantastic show.
Old 12-13-07, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,020 Likes on 630 Posts
I love this show!

So what is the relationship between Vivian, Lily, and Chuck's dad? Was Lily married to Chuck's dad? She has his last name--hopefully she wasn't his sister or cousin! We've presumed that Vivian and Lily are sisters, but maybe just sisters-in-law since Vivian is a "Charles" also, right?

Poor Digby and his shaved butt!
Old 12-13-07, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cellar Door
[ We've presumed that Vivian and Lily are sisters, but maybe just sisters-in-law since Vivian is a "Charles" also, right?
It might was a euphemism for being lesbian.
Old 12-13-07, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,131 Posts
When she dropped that bomb at the end the first thing I thought of was "Cookie's Fortune".
Old 12-14-07, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Did anyone else notice that one of the exterior shots of the sick kid's house (the overhead one facing the street) was the same shot used at the end of Groundhog Day?
Yes.

I think it'd be more interesting if Ned could continue to bring the same person back to life. Like if he accidentally touched Chuck, he could bring her back again, but another person would have to die after the one minute expired. It's a dilemma instead of "if I touch her, she's dead forever."
Old 12-16-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I really liked that crab thing that was walking around when she was tripping from eating all the overdosed pie. What a wacky show!
I thought that crab was cute (oh kill me now; I just used the word, cute).

I loved the whole scene with Emerson and the coroner. It's funny, causes its true! I mean, buying somebody X-mas sweater on Christmas is just silly.

Sad that this was the "season finale" for Pushing Daisies. I hope the WGA strike ends already, so we can get on with the show.

On a side note: I don't see this show lasting that long with the ratings it's been getting. ABC isn't NBC, thus ratings around 6 million isn't good. If the show comes back, I bet the ratings with go south, even more.
Old 12-16-07, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by nateman241
I thought that crab was cute (oh kill me now; I just used the word, cute).

I loved the whole scene with Emerson and the coroner. It's funny, causes its true! I mean, buying somebody an X-mas sweater on Christmas is just silly.

Sad that this was the "season finale" for Pushing Daisies. I hope the WGA strike ends already, so we can get on with the show.

On a side note: I don't see this show lasting that long with the ratings it's been getting. ABC isn't NBC, thus ratings around 6 million isn't good. If the show comes back, I bet the ratings with go south, even more.
sorry about the double-post (Quote).
Old 12-16-07, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet

Oh, and fucking writers' strike. What an episode to leave us on.

YES! I said it to my wife as soon as it popped up. You could even see the sign of the B&B hanging near the walkway.
Old 07-03-08, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Finally watched the "finale" and I have to say that the freaking strike ruined everything. Now I have to wait until the fall for this show to return (I know is 7 months after the show aired but I was busy with work and now I have the summer to catch up with all of my shows in my DVR in case anyone is wondering).

I hope that the quality of the writing stays as strong as the first season.