Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Has anyone read Robert R. McCammon's The Queen of Bedlam?

Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-07, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If not, I highly recommend trying it. I suggest reading Speaks the Nightbird 1st in order to introduce you to the main character, Matthew Corbett. The book is set in New York, 1702, I believe, and the historical detail really adds to the depth of the book. McCammon started out in the horror genre, but seems to have found a new niche in historical mysteries. I read in an interview that he wants to make a whole series of books about the protagonist, Matthew Corbett, and has set up an intriguing world; The nefarious Professor Fell (apparently set up to be Cobett's eventual Professor Moriarty), the Herrald Agency, and New York ( and my guess, to find Professor Fell, London, eventually).
Old 12-10-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't even aware of it. I read both of the Speaks the Nightbird books and they were fantastic. McCammon is an enjoyable writer. I also liked "Boy's Life" (though it pales in comparison to the very similar Summer of Night by Dan Simmons) and Swan Song.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be adding this to my to-read list.