Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Thread locked for questionable (knee-jerk) reason

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Thread locked for questionable (knee-jerk) reason

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-07, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thread locked unnecessarily

This thread was locked because of the copy protection issue, but it seems X didn't even read the OP's question. The OP wasn't asking how to break copy protection on commercial DVDs, but rather how to transfer video files from DVDs made by his camcorder. Considering how many camcorders these days record directly to DVD, it's a valid and interesting topic for discussion. I myself have some home videos I'd like to transfer to my iPod so I can show them to my dad when I visit him (using the iPod's video cable to connect it to his TV). I've just never gotten around to exploring how to do it.

Since there is nothing at all against the rules with the question as asked, I think it's a legitimate request to ask for the thread to be reopened.

Last edited by Mr. Salty; 12-08-07 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-08-07, 04:19 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Ok, I misread the thread and locked it incorrectly. It is now open.

But I'm curious why a thread was created in Feedback about a simple moderating mistake instead of just reporting the post with the same comments?
Old 12-08-07, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know, I started to do that, but then I wasn't sure which was the preferred method. If the situation arises again I'll use the Report Bad Post button.

Thank you for reopening the thread in question so quickly. Feel free to delete this thread.