Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Who here thinks the BB Reward Zone Program stinks?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-07, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

I regularly shop at BB, but IMO the Reward Zone program stinks big time.

First of all, spending $250 to get a $5 certificate is absurd. I remember they had some special entertainment certificate program this past summer where you only needed to spend $100 for a $10 certificate.....why can't this be done on the regular program?

The processing for crediting the points to your account takes a ridiculous amount of time. I check my account online and I still have purchases from early November that still haven't been credited yet.

I've also noticed when the site says the certificate has been processed, it still takes up to 4 weeks for you to received the e-mail saying it's ready to be printed.

I don't know what all of you think, but this program stinks and needs an overhaul badly otherwise I may not even bother using that damn card on my future purchases anymore.
Old 12-08-07, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
If I had ever paid for it I might agree, but getting a $5 certificate every once in a while for just flashing a card seems like an ok deal to me.
Old 12-08-07, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
At least it's something. They could be like Circuit City and not give you jack for shopping there.
Old 12-08-07, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
I regularly shop at BB, but IMO the Reward Zone program stinks big time.

First of all, spending $250 to get a $5 certificate is absurd. I remember they had some special entertainment certificate program this past summer where you only needed to spend $100 for a $10 certificate.....why can't this be done on the regular program?

The processing for crediting the points to your account takes a ridiculous amount of time. I check my account online and I still have purchases from early November that still haven't been credited yet.

I've also noticed when the site says the certificate has been processed, it still takes up to 4 weeks for you to received the e-mail saying it's ready to be printed.

I don't know what all of you think, but this program stinks and needs an overhaul badly otherwise I may not even bother using that damn card on my future purchases anymore.
Complain??? When you get something for nothing???
Old 12-08-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I use the card when I buy something but I don't rely on it for making purchases. If I get $5 for using the card then I get $5 for using the card.
Old 12-08-07, 03:30 PM

I agree it has its problems, but like the others have said/implied it's better than nothing.
Old 12-08-07, 04:10 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Considering I have been in the program for 4 years, paid $0 and have so far gotten a total of $485 in Certificates...its AWESOME.
Old 12-08-07, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
The problem I have with this program is mainly the processing times for my transactions. I know I'm essentially getting something for nothing, but I'm disappointed that they take so fucking long to process my transactions and credit the points. Like I said, I've been checking my account regularly and I still have stuff as "Pending" from late October and early November.

Also, why does it take 4 weeks to e-mail a reward zone certificate? I understand snail mail will take that long, but there's no excuse for an e-mail reward zone certificate to take almost a month to be e-mailed. I thought when I signed up to have the certificates e-mailed, they would arrive much faster. Is there division that understaffed that they can't process these things faster?
Old 12-08-07, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
4 weeks I can understand because they have to let a 30 day period pass before giving you your points, because you could still return the item(s) you purchased during those 30 days. Anything beyond that, I could understand you having an issue with.
Old 12-08-07, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
I have to go with the majority here. While there may be a few kinks, it sure beats no rewards program at all and anything available at other retails stores I frequent.
Old 12-08-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And another agreement... haven't paid for it and have gotten few hundred in certificates so can't complain... plus you can get free paper when buy ink, etc. Plus always seem to get the coupons when they come out.
Old 12-08-07, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
It's better than nothing...however, they certainly change the rules to benefit them (like points on gift cards). And it's been proven that grocery stores with "important customer' membership clubs/cards are overall more expensive than non-club stores (unless you work at it, buying only sale/special stuff etc); I wonder if the same goes for RZ. I personally have noticed better sale prices at CC recently, but that's purely anecdotal and only for certain items.
The processing time for points I can see, to avoid a return scam. What I'd like to see is the dollars credited to the RZ card, which is technically possible, I would think. Of course then it might qualify as a "gift card" which in most states can't expire; RZ certs can expire thus making BB more money.
Old 12-09-07, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...I remember they had some special entertainment certificate program this past summer where you only needed to spend $100 for a $10 certificate.....why can't this be done on the regular program...
so you want 10% back in rewards? imho thats a lil greedy
Old 12-09-07, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts
It was relatively worthwhile under the first set of rules when it came out but the changes Best Buy made to it reduced it to nothing more than a marketing tactic. It never enters my decision making process when looking for the best deal on something. Best Buy does everything in their power to minimize the costs to them. And the recent website redesign is awful.
Old 12-09-07, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You'd get a better discount if you worked there, but it really isn't worth working there for the discount.
Old 12-09-07, 09:11 AM

if you want more rewards get the reward zone master card that doubles your RZ points at bby and 3% rewards on travel/entertainment. see their site at www.rewardzonemastercard.com
Old 12-09-07, 09:18 AM

I've been using it regularly but it is a slow process. I'll be getting about $40 back. Well it buys a few cheap blu-rays i guess.
Old 12-09-07, 12:41 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The problem I have with this program is mainly the processing times for my transactions.
Then don't use it. It's pretty simple. If it's annoying enough to complain about, just pretend it doesn't exist and you'll have one less concern in your world.

No one is forcing this program on us and it's a hell of a lot better than having nothing (which is what their competitors offer), isn't it?
Old 12-09-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Just goes to show you, that people will complain about anything. Even something that is free.
Old 12-09-07, 01:10 PM

Playing the Devil's Advocate for a moment, I can see DJariya's point. Originally when I joined the program I paid $10 a year and got $5 bucks back for every $125 I spent. So yes, now the program is free...but they have doubled the amount of money it takes for you to build points...and it does seem to take a long time to post.
Once I had $20 worth of points expire (I had it in a notebook that I had misplaced) and though I called the corporate office they refused to honor them (it had expired 2 days prior)
Is the program perfect....nope. I am glad they have one, however I can understand sometimes getting frustrated with it.
Old 12-09-07, 02:41 PM

I think the monthly rewards/specials are the best part of the program. The certificates are a nice afterthought, but it's not something you want to obsess over too much. Better to let the emails arrive out of the blue than view it as something you're trying to work towards.
Old 12-10-07, 10:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Give people an inch and they want a mile...
Give someone $5 and they want $10
Give someone $10 and they want $20

You are paying nothing for this service, "you get what you pay for" and in my opinion, this program is pretty awesome.
Old 12-10-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've spend probably $700 at Best Buy in the past 6 months. Used by reward zone card for all purchases. Have never seen a coupon other than the 10% off ones they send to everyone. It's bullshit.

Also Best Buy needs to stop hiring dumbasses for the registers. My reward zone card is messed up. You can't read it anymore and the bar code doesnt work. I tell the cashier it won't scan you need to put in my phone number. So what do they do? Try to scan it for the next 60 seconds. Then they ask for my phone number. Fucking idiots. And why do I have to go to the website and get sent a new card? They gave me the card at the store to begin with so they can give me a replacement one too. Fuck their website. Last time I tried to register there I never got sent a password. Everything Best Buy touches is complete shit.

Last edited by Mopower; 12-10-07 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-10-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
No. It's great.
Old 12-10-07, 12:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Reward Zone. I've paid nothing for it, and over the last 4+ years, have gotten over $500 in rewards, plus countless 10% and 12% coupons that I have used. Also, lots of free printer paper...

If you don't like this, just remember years ago, when Sam Goody had their "replay" club. Similar deal, but you had to pay $10 per year, and pay $16.99 for a cd...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.