Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Gift cards from BestBuy.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-07, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With some of the sales they had going on through BestBuy.com, I decided I would grab some of the gift cards I need for christmas and tac them onto my bestbuy.com orders. So I get my gift cards yesterday, I got one for $15 and one for $20. They have a slip inserted in the package with some serial numbers (or some kind of number) to indicate which is the $15 one and which is the $20 one. BUT this number isn't anywhere on the card so I have no way of telling which is which. Am I missing something? Or should I go to the actual store and have them scan it? Can they scan it without scratching off the thing on the back? I really don't want to call BestBuy.com, I have already had beef with them for orders for this holiday.
Old 12-07-07, 10:24 AM

the gift card numbers are always at the bottom of the bar codes. I've worked at best buy for over 3 years, they are always there. You might just have to fold the bottom of the paper/cardboard packaging or have to remove it from the package. LMK
Old 12-07-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you mean underneath the silvery scratch off stuff? Cause there aren't any numbers at the bottom of the bar codes on these.
Old 12-07-07, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
If you mean underneath the silvery scratch off stuff? Cause there aren't any numbers at the bottom of the bar codes on these.
never seen gc that did not have the numbers printed beneathe the code. go to qny store and they'll tell you the balance for each. did you remove the card from the packaging to see if you somehow missed it?
Old 12-07-07, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am at work now. I did remove it from the packaging, I will double check when I get home. I will post a picture, because it kinda blows my mind it isn't on there.
Old 12-07-07, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Look at the gift card right now. Neither of them have the numbers printed below the bar code what so ever.
Old 12-08-07, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Why don't you just check the values online at https://www-ssl.bestbuy.com/site/ols...7043&type=page
Old 12-08-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
Why don't you just check the values online at https://www-ssl.bestbuy.com/site/ols...7043&type=page
Looking at that page, I need the 15-digit gift card number...which does NOT exist on the back of my card. I also do not want to scratch off the silver strip since these are gifts.
Old 12-08-07, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

go buy something that is worth $18 and use one of the GC. if it goes through then that has to be the $20 card. if its rejected, its the $15 one. easy.
Old 12-09-07, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by atari2600
go buy something that is worth $18 and use one of the GC. if it goes through then that has to be the $20 card. if its rejected, its the $15 one. easy.
Yea, except they are gifts, not for me. I guess I will just trek to the store and have them scan em. But they SHOULD have the code on the back.
Old 12-09-07, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Cant you just scratch of the silve on the back to see wht the numbers are and then check online?

The silver protection is only on there so people can't write down the numbers on all the cards without buying them and then continually checking online until they are puchased.
Old 12-09-07, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by movieguru
Cant you just scratch of the silve on the back to see wht the numbers are and then check online?

The silver protection is only on there so people can't write down the numbers on all the cards without buying them and then continually checking online until they are puchased.
Yea I could, I would rather not cause it is a gift. I am just gonna drive to the store I guess and find out. What a waste of time.
Old 12-10-07, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea I could, I would rather not cause it is a gift. I am just gonna drive to the store I guess and find out. What a waste of time.
wierd that you replied twice to my same post and each time a little different but anyways...go with my plan and then give whatever you bought with the GC as the gift! problem solved!
Old 12-10-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It is a gift card for someone for christmas, i.e., it is a gift. The point of a gift card is to give someone money to a store so I don't have to pick out an item they might not want.
Old 12-10-07, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

my sarcasm just isnt working today...
Old 12-10-07, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ha, I feel ya. It is all good.
Old 12-10-07, 07:05 PM

Ha, I feel ya. It is all good.
have you resolved your question now?
Old 12-10-07, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea I went to the store. They thought it was weird that the numbers weren't on the card.
Old 12-11-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
When I worked retail, there was a spot on the gift card carboard for amount. Whenever I rang up a new gift card sale, I would write the amount on it. Especially for multiple gift card purchases in one transaction. This not only make sit easier for the person buying them to keep track but for me as well to make sure that I didnt mess up, could double check the total.
Old 12-11-07, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jjcool
When I worked retail, there was a spot on the gift card carboard for amount. Whenever I rang up a new gift card sale, I would write the amount on it. Especially for multiple gift card purchases in one transaction. This not only make sit easier for the person buying them to keep track but for me as well to make sure that I didnt mess up, could double check the total.
Tell that to BestBuy.com