Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

A movie theater first for me

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

I went to go see "Michael Clayton" last night at a Regal Theater in a mall close to me with a female friend of mine. There were only 8 people
in the theater. I finished my soda and put the lid and straw in the cup holder on the chair next to me, so I could eat the ice. A few minutes later,
I see the lid moving out of the corner of my eye. At first I thought the air vent above must've been moving it. I look over, and there is the tiniest
mouse next to it licking the lid. I almost didn't tell my friend (you know how girls are), but did. Well, she freaked out. We watched it for a second
or two. It slowly walked back down the arm and to who knows where. That's when my friend REALLY flipped. So we moved to the back row.
Even then, she couldn't take it. So we left. On the way out, she told the manager and they insisted on giving us our money back. Then they said
they were going to clear the theater and call an exterminator. I told them not to. It's only a damn mouse. I was embarrassed enough my friend
made such a scene. Anyway, in all my years of going to the movies, I've never ever seen a mouse or rat. Even in the worst theaters. Has anyone else here?

Last edited by Daytripper; 12-05-07 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-05-07, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insert Willard joke.
Old 12-05-07, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,200 Likes on 2,065 Posts
I saw a mouse walking around the floor a few years ago when I saw Finding Nemo. At fisrt I couldn't tell what it was in the darkness but eventually I figured it out. I kept quiet for the same reasons you mentioned...it was just a tiny mouse and I didn't want anyone to freak out.

Although had I seen him DRINKING FROM MY CUP I might have been the one to freak out.
Old 12-05-07, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I saw a mouse walking around the floor a few years ago when I saw Finding Nemo. At fisrt I couldn't tell what it was in the darkness but eventually I figured it out. I kept quiet for the same reasons you mentioned...it was just a tiny mouse and I didn't want anyone to freak out.

Although had I seen him DRINKING FROM MY CUP I might have been the one to freak out.
No....I just laid my cup lid and the straw in the cup holder next to me. To get it out of my way so I could eat my ice. He/she wasn't drinking from my cup. Just inspecting my lid. Yeah, had this rodent been eating my popcorn or sipping my soda....different story. Still, don't think I'd have it killed. Just wouldn't finish my drink/food
Old 12-05-07, 08:40 PM

Maybe it thought you were watching Ratatouille
Old 12-05-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This exact thing happened to me during The Aviator. A mouse tried to eat my popcorn.
Old 12-05-07, 09:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw a massive (about 2 inches) roach crawling all around on a screen once; I don't remember the movie, but I remember the f'n roach. I was rather obsessed with watching it, after a while. It ruined the movie.
Old 12-05-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm never wearing flip-flops to a movie theatre, ever again.
Old 12-05-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MWB
I'm never wearing flip-flops to a movie theatre, ever again.
Why would you in the first place. Gross!

To Caiman...are you being serious??
Old 12-05-07, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Why would you in the first place.
Because I don't like people that I don't know sitting right next to me, and for some reason, whenever I wear the flops, they never do.
Old 12-05-07, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,200 Likes on 2,065 Posts
Originally Posted by zombiezilla
I saw a massive (about 2 inches) roach crawling all around on a screen once; I don't remember the movie, but I remember the f'n roach. I was rather obsessed with watching it, after a while. It ruined the movie.
Off topic but about 10-12 years ago, when theaters with stadium seating starting popping up, my mom told me that the head rests are one of the biggest transmitters of lice...12 years later I've still never put my head back while watching a movie. Thanks Mom!
Old 12-06-07, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Off topic but about 10-12 years ago, when theaters with stadium seating starting popping up, my mom told me that the head rests are one of the biggest transmitters of lice...12 years later I've still never put my head back while watching a movie. Thanks Mom!

Do you wipe off the payphone before you use it, too? Life is too short to be paranoid.
Old 12-06-07, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ever see movies at a movie theater in a mall? I guarantee that they have mice. Between the food courts and everything else, they'd be dumb not to hang around those areas.

I worked at a theater in high school at a VERY nice theater (and it was brand new as well). We had to constantly throw away concession stand candy because the mice kept getting to it. I also saw mice dart through the concessions area a few times.

Now, as for things that went on with the popcorn....I'll just say this: You're better off NOT eating movie theater popcorn.
Old 12-06-07, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
We had to constantly throw away concession stand candy because the mice kept getting to it.
Well, no wonder it's expensive.
Old 12-06-07, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy

Do you wipe off the payphone before you use it, too? Life is too short to be paranoid.
What's a payphone? And when I used to use those, I didn't put it too close to my head.
Old 12-06-07, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen gigantic Rats in theatres frequently. I remember when I saw "Brain Candy" in a theatre in Cambridge, MA about 12 years ago there seemed to be a constant stream of giant rats running accross under the screen.
Old 12-06-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I saw a mouse at a Regal theatre when I saw A Scanner Darkly. It was on the floor, lookin' at the screen, jus' chillin'.
Old 12-06-07, 08:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I most definately saw a rodent of some type at a DC theatre once, I spent the rest of the movie with my feet up and knees pressed up on the seat in front of me

whaaauuuhhh-nuuuuumpt!!
Old 12-06-07, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus
I saw a mouse at a Regal theatre when I saw A Scanner Darkly. It was on the floor, lookin' at the screen, jus' chillin'.
and trippin'
Old 12-06-07, 11:01 AM

When I went to see The Departed in the theater, I saw a mouse right near the end of the film... I thought to myself, "What the hell is this doing here?" and it nearly ruined the film for me.

Old 12-06-07, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
That was a rat.
Old 12-06-07, 11:34 AM

Great...now I'm going to end up being paranoid next time I go to the theater and watch out for rats/ mice more than watch the movie.
Ugh...I hate rodents. I couldn't even handle the mice part in Honey I Shrunk The Kids 3D at Disney and that was only sharp puffs of air.
Old 12-06-07, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by LockStock
I couldn't even handle the mice part in Honey I Shrunk The Kids 3D at Disney and that was only sharp puffs of air.
I thought that was a little wire attached to the seats that wiggled on cue.
Old 12-06-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Mice are cute!
Old 12-06-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
I went to go see "Michael Clayton" last night at a Regal Theater in a mall close to me with a female friend of mine. There were only 8 people
in the theater. I finished my soda and put the lid and straw in the cup holder on the chair next to me, so I could eat the ice. A few minutes later...
This post started out as a really good "Penthouse Forum" letter, and then quickly turned south.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.