Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Boston Legal - 12/4/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boston Legal - 12/4/07

Am I the only one watching this show anymore?

I thought this was another excellent ep with every scene containing Shirley & Bethany being absolutely hilarious. Alan's closing was great too and it was great to see Paul back.
Old 12-05-07, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
This was the best episode in a long time - since season 2. I had been hoping they'd do a Larry Craig episode. Even the shock jock trial B-story was funny.
Old 12-05-07, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I have yet to watch more than twenty minutes of this ep, but I have been flirting w/ the idea of dumping this show since the end of last year. It must be a David Kelley thing - his shows always seem to lose steam after a few years, imo.
Old 12-05-07, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was also glad to see Paul back. Remind me not to go in a public restroom and check under the stalls before I go in one. Also remind me not hum and tap my feet while trying to get a turd to come out. I think I'll just take my craps at home from now on. I know I've probably just confused a few people. Good episode overall.
Old 12-05-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
I've watched this show since day one, and I think I'm finally starting to grow tired of it.

A lot of the writing reeks like it was written by angry college students struggling to make a political statement.

The acting is the only thing that keeps my interest, but even Spader seems like he's getting tired of the routine. If you saw his Leno interview he alluded to being bored with the show, when he said he liked it better when he did a movie or two every couple of years to keep the bills payed.
Old 12-05-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I've watched this show since day one, and I think I'm finally starting to grow tired of it.

A lot of the writing reeks like it was written by angry college students struggling to make a political statement.

The acting is the only thing that keeps my interest, but even Spader seems like he's getting tired of the routine. If you saw his Leno interview he alluded to being bored with the show, when he said he liked it better when he did a movie or two every couple of years to keep the bills payed.
I have to agree with you Boba. The writing has begun to move away from the passionate, and more into the mundane. The tirades feel as though Kelley is attempting to pander, and have lost the [Stanley]tangy zip of Miracle Whip.[/Stanley]

The acting too, has long been the thing which has kept me entertained. However, in regards to Spader (the best thing of the show, from the beginning), it has been clear, for quite some time, that his interest in waning. I don't feel as though, with the level of writing the show has been exuding as of late, that it will continue on for much longer.

For me, at least...
Old 12-06-07, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Just watched it. Good to see Paul. Nice to see Bethany. The Denny story was just so incredibly poor. I don't need perfect realism, but how is that case not just thrown out? It bothers me most when I think up far better arguments than they use.

Bleh.
Old 12-06-07, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They gave me the impression Paul has been at the firm the entire season, just not "on screen". Was that just me?

Another to Denny's phone and the noises it makes.
Old 12-06-07, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
Just watched it. Good to see Paul. Nice to see Bethany. The Denny story was just so incredibly poor. I don't need perfect realism, but how is that case not just thrown out? It bothers me most when I think up far better arguments than they use.

Bleh.

You mean like perfect realism like how a certain Senator's case hasn't been thrown out?
Old 12-06-07, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Did I miss it, or was there only 3 stalls, and the undercover cop was in the middle stall - forcing anyone coming in to take up a neighboring stall.
Old 12-06-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cusm
Did I miss it, or was there only 3 stalls, and the undercover cop was in the middle stall - forcing anyone coming in to take up a neighboring stall.
I got the same impression.