Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

How Do You Access Direct Challenge Mode in Smackdown Vs. Raw '08 for 360???????

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-07, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to be able to play in this so called "Direct Challenge Mode" in order to unlock certain wrestlers like Bret Hart in the game. However, I see no listing for that mode at all. The Hall of Fame mode tells you what kinds of matches you need to do to unlock certain achievements. The WWE Shop tells you certain things too, and they both say you need to go to this mode that I can find nowhere. Do you have to do something first to unlock the mode? I see no mention of the Direct Challenge Mode even in the instructions. It's getting really irritating not being able to figure this one out.

SOMEBODY HELP!!!!
Old 12-04-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Come on folks...I need a little help here with this...can't figure it out to save my life!
Old 12-04-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Obviously we aren't wrestling fans.
Old 12-04-07, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't really watched any wrestling very much over the last 4 years, but I still play the games. Who can't appreciate throwing someone 20 feet off a steel cage into a table every now and then?
Old 12-05-07, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
There isn't a Direct Challenge mode like previous years.

The closest you get is some of the ones in the Hall of Fame when you have have the needed things already unlocked.

Like one of the HoF things is a match at Summer Slam, but you have to have the Summer Slam arena unlocked first before it will give you a Direct Challenge option.

Others are not Direct Challenge enabled at all and you have to manually set them up.. I think the Money in the Bank and the Beat DX ones are 2 of the ones like that.
Old 12-05-07, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
There isn't a Direct Challenge mode like previous years.

The closest you get is some of the ones in the Hall of Fame when you have have the needed things already unlocked.

Like one of the HoF things is a match at Summer Slam, but you have to have the Summer Slam arena unlocked first before it will give you a Direct Challenge option.

Others are not Direct Challenge enabled at all and you have to manually set them up.. I think the Money in the Bank and the Beat DX ones are 2 of the ones like that.

Thanks Mr. Music, but then why does it perfectly say you have to use Direct Challenge mode in the game to unlock several things? The one I really couldn't figure out was how to unlock Bret Hart. It says you have to enter Direct Challenge mode and defeat Bret Hart with Shawn Michaels in a 30 minute Iron Man Match. That's screwy for several reasons. For one, not only is that the way to get an achievement, but that's also the thing you have to do to unlock Bret Hart....and How can you play against Bret Hart when he isn't even unlocked in the game yet? The other screwy points are there apparently is no Direct Challenge mode, and Iron Man Matches don't go past 20 mins. in the Exhibition options.
Old 12-05-07, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
You have to have the Wrestlemania arena in order to do that Direct Challenge.
Old 12-05-07, 08:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you checked here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/code/938803.html

I'm a huge wrestling fan and a huge wrestling game fan, but I was completely dissapointed with Smackdown vs Raw 2007. they tried to put to many moves in a few buttons and was really hard just to execute things. Since I have both No Mercy and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, I keep playing them until THQ or any other company decides to release a decent wrestling game.
Old 04-18-09, 06:26 AM

Re: How Do You Access Direct Challenge Mode in Smackdown Vs. Raw '08 for 360???????

the answer i s:: you must go on game modes select hall of fame then the ones that you cannot do in an exhibition match like bret hart and mick foley all you have to do is click it then simply prees A on the xbox controller OR X on PS and it will automatically start the challenge