Life -- "Dig A Hole, Fill It Up" Part 1 -- 12/03/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-07, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Life -- "Dig A Hole, Fill It Up" Part 1 -- 12/03/07

"Dig a Hole. Fill it Up Part 1"
Spoiler:
Charlie Crews and Dani Reese track the killer of a Zen Master who was buried alive ten years prior. After interviewing the Zen Master's former students, Crews and Reese find out this Zen Master's life was anything but tranquil. They suspect that one of his former students could be his killer. Meanwhile, Crews uncovers incriminating evidence that Dani's father, Jack Reese, may have been involved in the murders Crews was imprisoned for.

Originally Aired: December 03, 2007
Old 12-03-07, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Part 2 will air on Wednesday at its regular timeslot.
Old 12-03-07, 08:35 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I've never seen the show, but a clip from last week's show of the cast playing a video game has been making the rounds. Hilarious bad. I immediately added this show to my season pass. Great MST3K fodder. Can't wait!
Old 12-03-07, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Now I'm curious to see how Life's numbers stack up tonight compared to Journeyman. I'm sure lots of fans of Life still don't know it's airing tonight.
Old 12-03-07, 01:48 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
I've never seen the show, but a clip from last week's show of the cast playing a video game has been making the rounds. Hilarious bad. I immediately added this show to my season pass. Great MST3K fodder. Can't wait!
A very embarrassing moment in an otherwise fantastic show.
Old 12-03-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, they're doing a 2-parter... and airing Part 1 on a night other than the normal one? And then airing part 2 later that same week, in the normal slot?

Who's the brainiac at NBC who thought up that strategy?
Old 12-03-07, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
You'll probably be disappointed then. The show is usually really good... and that clip is 3-4 weeks old.
Old 12-03-07, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bboisvert
So, they're doing a 2-parter... and airing Part 1 on a night other than the normal one? And then airing part 2 later that same week, in the normal slot?

Who's the brainiac at NBC who thought up that strategy?
Yeah, how dare they try to the show out after one of the network's highest-rated shows (~5 million more viewers than Life's usual lead-in). Good way to kill the show.
Old 12-03-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Scott27
Yeah, how dare they try to the show out after one of the network's highest-rated shows (~5 million more viewers than Life's usual lead-in). Good way to kill the show.
Come on. Lead-ins mean less and less with each passing season. People use Tivos. And others know damn well how to change the channel and have shown that they are willing to. How good is the Heroes lead-in doing for Journeyman? How well did it do for Studio 60?

Attempting to try Life in a new time slot is something I certainly support. Sticking Part 1 of a two-part story on a Monday night is not something I can get behind. It makes no sense.

You're setting up a situation where people have to chase the show. Is that the way to encourage viewers? By playing hide-the-show? But having your loyal viewers tune in on Wednesday and be faced with a story that inexplicably started 2 nights before?

There's plenty of better ways to build viewers.
Old 12-04-07, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I can't believe they may actually wrap up his personal investigation on Wednesday night.

I had this show hyped up in my head before the season started - it has yet to disappoint.
Old 12-04-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Seeing that party chick trying to make out with sarah shahi was a pretty good moment.
Old 12-04-07, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts
This was one of my favorite episodes, the interaction between Crews and Reese was great. Not to mention the tight shot of the girl playing twister in a bikini.
Old 12-04-07, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't like this episode, even with the babes.

The case of the week was weak. They didn't establish who the victim was or give us any reason to care about his murder, and the investigation basically consisted of the detectives playing a game of he said she said among the various witnesses until one of them confessed. And that was about the stupidest confession too. Not only did he not do it, they didn't have any evidence at all.
Old 12-04-07, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Where can I see this videogame clip that is hilarious?
Old 12-04-07, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bB3ir_h3VeY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bB3ir_h3VeY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 12-04-07, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Holy....
Old 12-04-07, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Were they digging those zen-holes with an excavator? If not, how then could she have dug the hole that deep, thrown in a seemingly conscious man (he was holding the rose she threw in the hole, and was standing upright), then fill it up faster than he could climb out?

Last edited by No Use For A Name; 12-04-07 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-04-07, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by No Use For A Name
Were they digging those zen-holes with an excavator? If not, how then could she have dug the hole that deep, thrown in a seemingly conscious man (he was holding the rose she threw in the hole, and was standing upright), then fill it up faster than he could climb out?
That's what I want to know... It was buried standing up.. makes no sense. Maybe this case isn't quite over and will continue in part 2?
Old 12-05-07, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I still want to know A)how was the rose still in tact after 10 years and B)how did they not destroy it when digging him up.
Old 09-22-08, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
So I still have the season finale to watch, but overall I'm really enjoying this show. As the episodes have progressed I think Crew's is being somewhat less Zen and more revenge oriented. One thing that is bugging me is how easily Crew's is waving around what he has found. For example, calling out his partners dad with the photos. Also, going back to jail to meet the possible killer (which might have been a more fitting finale/cliffhanger).

I'd have thought he would get more evidence first and have answers before running around. He seems smarter than that.

The second part may turn out different/surprise me, but I'm thinking he'll find the killer, but may not be able to pin it on him. That or the guy will show up dead. Even if he pins the guy, I think - or am hoping - that he'll want to solve the larger conspiracy as well.

I do like his partner. The actress is good and doesn't come across as the typical female cop with an attitude that has something to prove.

I also feel like his boss is on the fence and is beginning to open her eyes.