Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

sears CS + dvd price matching hell

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-07, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered some "24" dvd box sets from sears with the CC price at $18.99. I bought the sets from sears.com and they said i could get them matched in store. the manager & supervisor gave me hell, checking against the CC.com site..which is never updated, then they claimed they it was a different box set therefore the big price difference. then refused to match my ad becase cc.com's site was showing the 24 at $49.99 instead of the ad price of $18.99. i wasted 45min there with no price match. should have just bought the dvds at BB. Wondering if anyone had trouble at sears and if this was an isolated incident?
Old 11-21-07, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

price matching, it seems, is always hell no matter what store. they talk about "we will price match ANYTHING from ANY STORE" and they never do. they come up with any excuse possible to not price match...

they would rather you be pissed off and not buy the item at all, than give you a few dollars off.
Old 11-21-07, 08:52 PM

seems that way...so far i've had best luck at BB...95% of the time they match without hassle. walmart is pretty easy too as long as it's not a printout
Old 11-22-07, 09:23 AM

Why didn't you just buy them at CC?
Old 11-22-07, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by JustinCleveland
Why didn't you just buy them at CC?
well, sears offers "110%" the difference for matching. since they charge full retail or over at $50 per box set and up, after price matching the diff, the sears price, in theory would have been $15.89 vs $18.99 @ CC
+ i thought it would be a breeze and i hate CC..unfortunately it was not to be and sears is now at the top of my sh!t list..even above CC which is incredible!
Old 11-23-07, 09:01 PM

I had a great experience at Sears.

Three weeks ago, I purchase a Toshiba HD-A3 for $300.00 (this was just before the Best Buy sale started). When I walked up to the register and asked for the price match, the rep assisting me scanned my receipt and then handed me $153.01. I asked why it was so much and she told me about the difference plus 10% and then the difference in tax.

Overall a great experience.