Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Iron Chef America (11/18/07) - The Next Iron Chef's "Ultimate Thanksgiving Battle"

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Iron Chef America (11/18/07) - The Next Iron Chef's "Ultimate Thanksgiving Battle"

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-07, 09:03 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Iron Chef America (9/8c) 11/18/2007

Tune in on Sunday, November 18th at 9pm ET/PT, as Iron Chef Symon takes on Chef Ricky Moore of Agraria Restaurant in Washington, DC, in his first battle as Iron Chef. Will he live up the title? Watch and see in this special Thanksgiving-themed episode.

Thread for "The Next Iron Chef"
Old 11-19-07, 06:47 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
For awhile there I thought that Chef Ricky Moore wasn't going to get anything plated... at all. But he managed to pull off the five dishes in time.

IC Symon seemed to be clam, cool, and collected throughout the battle, and I loved his light hearted airy banter throughout the hour. His spin on Turducken was kinda cool.

There was on thing that bugged me about the ep, and that was the new judge Alex Guarnaschelli (she got whooped by Cat Cora in the Farmer's Market ep earlier this season). You could tell that she was annoying the heck out of Jeffery Steingarten... and he let it be known.

The funny thing about her being on the show last night was that right before they had the "Ultimate Thanksgiving Challenge" (you know, the winner get's $10k), and she was a contestant on that particular ep, and she was the same way. Being overly critical to the point of annoyance. The coincidental part was that NIC contestants Jill Davie and finalist John Besh were the judges. Chef Guarnaschelli lost by the way.

Anyways, a good showing by Symon and first win in his pocket. I wonder if they make his record 2-1 next time he shows up.
Old 11-19-07, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
does anyone know what the time lag is between when the chefs know the secret ingredient and when the clock starts ticking? if it is instantaneous, does kitchen stadium just have an enormous list of ingredients available? you get a few minutes to pick out ingredients and they bring them from the back? how does that work?!?!
Old 11-20-07, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by krkuhl
does anyone know what the time lag is between when the chefs know the secret ingredient and when the clock starts ticking? if it is instantaneous, does kitchen stadium just have an enormous list of ingredients available? you get a few minutes to pick out ingredients and they bring them from the back? how does that work?!?!
If it's like the original IC, the chefs are given a list of possible secret ingredients a few days ahead. And yes, they have an enormous pantry. IC Japan was incredibly expensive to produce as a result.
Old 11-20-07, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
Seemed like Ricky Moore was thrown to Symon for an easy win.
Old 11-20-07, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts
I was so glad to see Symon get the victory; he was easily my favorite of the Next Iron Chef contestants. And, I think he's easily the most likable of the other iron chefs. He's laid back, with a decent amount of charisma, and he doesn't seem to have much of an ego, unlike Bobby Flay.