Search this Thread

Old 11-15-07, 07:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
CSI - "Goodbye & Good Luck" - 11/15/07

"Goodbye & Good Luck"
Spoiler:
A suspect from Sara's past returns, causing her to question her future as a CSI.
Old 11-15-07, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I so wanted Sara to picked up that little murderous smartie-pants and shake some sense into her, and the truth out of her. Goodbye, Sara!
Old 11-16-07, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I so wanted Sara to picked up that little murderous smartie-pants and shake some sense into her, and the truth out of her. Goodbye, Sara!
lol, me too.

Although I didn't mind Sara, I think it's good to get some new blood in there (assuming that one chick -- can't think of her name -- will become a regular). It's amazing that after 8 seasons, they've kept the core together for so long.

Of course, since they didn't kill her off, she'll probably be back for an appearance in the future.
Old 11-16-07, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I were a cynic, I'd wonder if she's actually left, or if this is just a ploy to generate some publicity about the show.
Old 11-16-07, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shazam
If I were a cynic, I'd wonder if she's actually left, or if this is just a ploy to generate some publicity about the show.
What publicity? It averages 20m viewers a week which is on par with last year when Grey's Anatomy moved to Thursdays. Now, if it were William Peterson leaving, then maybe, but not a supporting actress like Fox. I think of all the CSIs, she's the most disliked by fans.
Old 11-16-07, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
I thought it was a very classy way to write out Sara. Yeah, they did leave the door open for her to return, but I hope she doesn't return until the final season of this show whenever that is.

I'm really not sure if Jessica Lucas (Ronnie) is a lock to take Jorja's spot as a regular. They haven't really developed her character enough. I would prefer to see Liz Vassey (Wendy) get out of the lab like Greg and learn the ropes.
Old 11-16-07, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what happens to the little sister now - she has no parents and no older bother. Can she rent an apartment at her age?
Old 11-16-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by girlnextdoor
So what happens to the little sister now - she has no parents and no older bother. Can she rent an apartment at her age?
Where was she living before? I don't believe she was living in the dorms with her brother. Anyway, I assume she'll live with a foster family before growing up and becoming a serial killer (Miniature Killer II? )...
Old 11-16-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was a very lame way for her to leave. I mean, what kind of world is this, a fantasy world. You just suddenly pick up and leave everything behind. Come on....

Where is she going? Don't you have bills to pay and a life to live??
Old 11-16-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

it's TV. An actor/actress doesn't get a new contract or wants out, they can indeed just pick up and leave. Perhaps Sara will meet Gideon on her soul searching journey.
Old 11-16-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
it's TV. An actor/actress doesn't get a new contract or wants out, they can indeed just pick up and leave. Perhaps Sara will meet Gideon on her soul searching journey.

Actually, its called shitty, cliched, writing.

How about being a little more creative, the producers knew for awhile she was leaving.
Old 11-16-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was an OK departure. But they had been setting this up since the beginning. It wasn't just that she was out of sorts due to her ordeal but it looked like she was sick of the job.

They could have had her make her decision earlier in the episode or the one before and then used this one for a proper closure, but personally I was more interested in the crimes rather than her leaving. I watch CSI for that reason, not character development.
Old 11-16-07, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
I thought it was a very lame way for her to leave. I mean, what kind of world is this, a fantasy world. You just suddenly pick up and leave everything behind. Come on....

Sarah has always been a bit of an impulsive person, so I felt this was a perfect way for her to go out.
Old 11-16-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Now that would be an interesting crossover/spin-off...
Old 11-16-07, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What publicity? It averages 20m viewers a week which is on par with last year when Grey's Anatomy moved to Thursdays. Now, if it were William Peterson leaving, then maybe, but not a supporting actress like Fox. I think of all the CSIs, she's the most disliked by fans.
Maybe she goes to Miami and joins the CSI Miami cast? Then we get to see Jorga Fox in a bikini.
Old 11-16-07, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Shazam
Maybe she goes to Miami and joins the CSI Miami cast? Then we get to see Jorga Fox in a bikini.
You would look forward to that?

It looked like she had a pregnancy pooch all season long.
Old 11-17-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I know, seriously! i would have preferred to see 30 minutes of her calling the Electric/Water/Cable companies and informing them that she was moving and to cancel her service. Oh, and i'd imagine she'd have a pretty big meeting with her landlord, too, to discuss breaking the lease. now THAT would have been riveting television!

it's TV, dude.

i honestly don't think i'll miss jorja in the least. she never had a storyline that i really liked. The Grissom/Sara love stuff was brutal at best.

I love the idea of having liz vassey move to the field. and i like greg, so hopefully this brings back more screen time for him.
Old 11-17-07, 03:06 PM

I can't bring myself to watch it yet. I loved Sara and well, I am not ready to say bye yet. I think the rest of this season is going to be sitting there on my DVDR for awhile. I am not ready for this yet. No thanks.
Old 11-17-07, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Originally Posted by onebyone
I can't bring myself to watch it yet. I loved Sara and well, I am not ready to say bye yet. I think the rest of this season is going to be sitting there on my DVDR for awhile. I am not ready for this yet. No thanks.
What do you mean your not ready to say goodbye yet? Your that emotionally attached to her character?
Old 11-18-07, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
What do you mean your not ready to say goodbye yet? Your that emotionally attached to her character?
Well of course I do. TV IS REAL! She is my BFF!! There is no Jorja Fox, only Sara!

Seriously though, her character leaves in this episode and I am not happy about it so I haven't watched yet. I am not at home cutting myself over it though so don't despair. I am just... doing other things. You watch a character and a show this long, I think you are entitled to care a little about it.

Last edited by onebyone; 11-18-07 at 12:47 AM.
Old 11-18-07, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That last scene with Sarah's Narration really got to me. I feel the way she does sometime but unfortunately you can just run like she did.
Old 11-18-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by onebyone
You watch a character and a show this long, I think you are entitled to care a little about it.
Don't bother trying to justify it, because it's Sara so that means almost no one will really care. I understand it though, and I did like her character. Truthfully it's Catherine who I wouldn't miss at all.

Some people are invested more than others when it comes to characters on a series. After all this time, it really does make perfect sense to be.
Old 11-18-07, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by girlnextdoor
Sara explained in the show that the girl became emancipated from her parents, which means that legally she is an adult and can enter into contracts and live on her own.

I mean, what kind of world is this, a fantasy world. You just suddenly pick up and leave everything behind. Come on....

I know at least three people who got burned out in their careers and just quit. They had enough money saved up that they could go for a few months before getting another job. It was tough, but they did it. I don't think it would be too tough for Sara to find another job fairly quickly.
Old 11-18-07, 05:49 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
...and good riddance!
Old 11-18-07, 06:57 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
^ Ha -- I was never a fan of Sara, so her leaving doesn't have much of an impact on me.

I felt the episode was a decent send-off...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.