Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Journeyman--"Winterland"--11/12/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Journeyman--"Winterland"--11/12/07

Looks like Dan is getting busted tonight. Let the burnoff continue.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Dan attends a party in the past, where he meets a young hippie woman with ties to a murder. Elsewhere, Katie stumbles upon something interesting about Livia's past, and Dan and Jack quarrel over a probe involving Dan. John Schneider guest stars.
Old 11-12-07, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is it me, or does this show have the drabbiest cinematography on TV these days? Everything is shades of gray, nothing really pops.

At least they cleared up Livia's situation a bit, but Dan keeps going back a little less in time for the current mission, he never goes back further than the initial jump destination at the start of the episode, and subsequent jumps drop him a little further down the timestream. Plus now he just knows to head towards his front door to launch back in time.
Old 11-12-07, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts
Good episode as usual, and it looks like the brother might start to believe Dan soon.
Old 11-12-07, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously Dan doesn't watch Lost, otherwise he would have known that the hippies in the van playing Three Dog Night on the 8-track were evil.

Good episode. It will be interesting to see if Dan's time travels continue to affect him personally in the present.
Old 11-13-07, 12:01 AM

This show deserves better. I find it far more entertaining than Heroes and I'm genuinely intrigued on where it may head next.
Old 11-13-07, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
An interesting revelation regarding Livia this week and it wasn't really something I saw anybody predicting. I wonder if Dan will be able to find out anything about her fate now that he knows what her home time is.

I thought the science professor's appearance was a bit of a tease. He seemed to say even less than he normally does.
Old 11-13-07, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by WallyOPD
An interesting revelation regarding Livia this week and it wasn't really something I saw anybody predicting. I wonder if Dan will be able to find out anything about her fate now that he knows what her home time is.

I thought the science professor's appearance was a bit of a tease. He seemed to say even less than he normally does.
Yeah, but he did mention something about quartz and crystals which was followed up a few minutes later by a line from one of the evil hippies.
For a moment, I thought one of the evil hippies might end up working for the doc...
Old 11-13-07, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Phod
This show deserves better. I find it far more entertaining than Heroes and I'm genuinely intrigued on where it may head next.
Agreed!

I must admit that when I first saw the pilot I groaned at the obvious Quantum Leap clone job they seemed to be perpetrating. But I'm glad I stuck with it; this show is much more interesting than QL ever was IMO.

Hope it gets the viewers to continue...
Old 11-13-07, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Flave
Agreed!

I must admit that when I first saw the pilot I groaned at the obvious Quantum Leap clone job they seemed to be perpetrating. But I'm glad I stuck with it; this show is much more interesting than QL ever was IMO.

Hope it gets the viewers to continue...
I also agree.
Old 11-13-07, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, lots happening this week. I am beginning to believe that Jack may start believing Dan.

I wonder how the investigation will go since it looked like Dan gave the rest of the cash to the evil hippies. Seems the FBI will have a crime with no valid evidence, only suspicions.

Wonder if there is any historical info on Livia from her time?

Doug
Old 11-13-07, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Ok, I'm kinda late to the game on this show but of the 2 eps I've seen, last week's and this one, I've been really impressed. I've been a big fan of Mckidd's since "Topsy Turvy".

I guess I have to learn the "rules" of how this all works.
Old 11-13-07, 12:56 PM

Another good episode!

Was very surprised about the Livia revelation. Also kind of humorous to see the actor who played "Pa Kent" for so long running a wife swapping party.

This show continues to remain solid week in and week out.
Old 11-13-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SiberianLlama
Was very surprised about the Livia revelation. Also kind of humorous to see the actor who played "Pa Kent" for so long running a wife swapping party.
I would have died if they could have also casted Annette O'Toole as the swinging wife for "Pa Kent".
Old 11-13-07, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cdoug57
Seems the FBI will have a crime with no valid evidence, only suspicions.
The FBI agent is getting annoying. I kinda wish someone would shoot him in the back of the head.

Seriously though, that character is pretty cocky for being on a case with a working theory of... something involving money! It's obvious that the brother will be let in on the time travelling by the end of the season, its just a question of how.

I seriously hope the writers strike doesn't kill this show.
Old 11-13-07, 03:21 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked the Livia reveal, since it explained how she ended up in Dan's present-time last week. Hopefully the prof will supply some explanations for all the time travelling and history-changing ... although if it can be changed, was it history?
Old 11-13-07, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel the same way. You cant really say it is not doing well because of how dark it is because Lost is just as dark as are many other TV programs.
I find the characters interesting and some interesting facts are added each week.
Old 11-13-07, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I would have died if they could have also casted Annette O'Toole as the swinging wife for "Pa Kent".
I was hoping they'd have cast Katherine Bach, and the other man was Tom Wopat.

Uncle Jesse would have been rollin' in his grave...
Old 11-13-07, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, great episode. Agreed on the Livia reveal, didn't see that one coming at all. Also like the teases from the scientist and the bits about quartz and Dan not sharing his "work". Still want to know how the scientist called him in the past a few episodes ago though. I think this may be my favorite new show of the season.
Old 11-13-07, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing
I was hoping they'd have cast Katherine Bach, and the other man was Tom Wopat.

Uncle Jesse would have been rollin' in his grave...

Old 11-13-07, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Me too... and I also enjoy Heroes. It upsets me every time I think this show will likely go away sooner than later.

I wonder if this show has/will have any sort of following (like Jericho)...
Old 11-13-07, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Achtung
The FBI agent is getting annoying. I kinda wish someone would shoot him in the back of the head.

Seriously though, that character is pretty cocky for being on a case with a working theory of... something involving money! It's obvious that the brother will be let in on the time travelling by the end of the season, its just a question of how.

I seriously hope the writers strike doesn't kill this show.
I think the prof alluded to the fact that the gov. was after him for reasons OTHER than the money. That may explain why he was so tenacious.

I can't believe no one else is wondering about what leaving all of that "dirty" money back at the crime scene in 1974 will do to the case against him back at his own time. Since thousands of bills turned up in 1974 doesn't that drasticly change things in 2007? It could not only change how the investigation procedes but how it actually started, causing a paradox.

For that matter, I was thinking before he gave them the money, he should have simply left dozens of bills all around the city the next time he traveled. The FBI would have been getting so many hits of the bills they would have soon given up following that rout and he would have a good excuse for having one in the future.

I am also suprised he didn't tell the agent that he had uncovered the bill while investigating his story and the lead didn't pan out.
Old 11-13-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
I hope Ryan Chappelle becomes the foil for Dan the rest of the season, now that the brother may turning.
Old 11-13-07, 11:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
I think the prof alluded to the fact that the gov. was after him for reasons OTHER than the money. That may explain why he was so tenacious.

I can't believe no one else is wondering about what leaving all of that "dirty" money back at the crime scene in 1974 will do to the case against him back at his own time. Since thousands of bills turned up in 1974 doesn't that drasticly change things in 2007? It could not only change how the investigation procedes but how it actually started, causing a paradox.

For that matter, I was thinking before he gave them the money, he should have simply left dozens of bills all around the city the next time he traveled. The FBI would have been getting so many hits of the bills they would have soon given up following that rout and he would have a good excuse for having one in the future.

I am also suprised he didn't tell the agent that he had uncovered the bill while investigating his story and the lead didn't pan out.

I just saw the episode tonight and you beat me to this question. By him leaving all of that money back in 1974 it has to change the current investigation against him, since a lot of the money was found back in 1974.

Also, at the end when Jack pays for his food with a $20 bill, I was thinking it was the $20 that the FBI agent showed him. I thought that he stole it to screw up that part of the investigation. Anybody else think that? I mean, why else would the camera stay on the $20 for so long? Am I overlooking something else?

It was another great episode, but I'm sorry to say that once the remaining 2 episodes are shown, that might be the last we see or hear of Journeyman.

But at least we had the chance to see them on tv instead of the internet, because without this strike, Journeyman would have been cancelled weeks ago.
Old 11-13-07, 11:35 PM

i agree about the money back in 1974. im waiting for dan to travel back to his own time and be moderately confused by a change or 2 he made in the past. i.e. the money bein scattered in the past. what if he gets back home and there is no ryan chapelle breathin down his neck because of things "dropped" in the past. then Dans all confused comin home because the witchhunt is off
Old 11-13-07, 11:40 PM

okay me again. why all the doom and gloom regarding the iminent demise of the show? was it said somewhere this show was on the hot seat, or was it implied that it would be cancelled without the strike? i havent seen any ruling on this either way, only our own fear and worries. i will admit, i have been frequenting DVDtalk lately SOLELY for this show. sure ive been on here a long time, but i check here daily to see if theres any impending news. we dont really know the fate do we? and if the ratings have remained consistant though the last 4 episodes, doesnt that say something? sure there was a decline after the pilot, find me the shows that doesnt happen to. okay we dont have the next Heroes or Lost on our hands, but are the ratings really that bad?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.