TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friday Night Lights -- "Let's Get It On" -- 11/2/2007

Old 11-02-07, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Friday Night Lights -- "Let's Get It On" -- 11/2/2007

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Coach Taylor returns to Dillon, Texas as a head coach, a father and a husband. After too much time away from Tami and his new baby, Taylor decides that Dillon High is the place for him to coach football. It will not be an easy homecoming for Taylor. He has to deal with a disheveled team, led by the conflict between quarterback, Matt Saracen, and star running back, Smash Williams. Meanwhile, Tim Riggins turns to Lyla for help in changing Jason Street's mind about experimental surgery. Also, Landry finds out that the only thing he does actually control in his life is football.

Alls I can say is getting Coach back to Dillion with this episode title? This rocks!
Old 11-02-07, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally, the show I love, FNL, is finally firing on all cylinders. Plenty of humor and moments of clarity sprinkled throughout the episode. I cheered when coach finally got him some.

"Lance!"
Old 11-02-07, 09:08 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Awesome. I am more excited about the Landry/Tyra storyline tonight. Street needs to die.
Old 11-02-07, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts
Another last play touchdown....for a two year stretch the Dillon Panthers have to be the luckiest team in HS football.

Good to see Julie get what she had coming to her.
Old 11-03-07, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WTG Landry, too bad his moment of greatness was so short lived
Old 11-03-07, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts
Hearing Mac Brown talking to coach Taylor about what he needed to do to have sex again with Tami was about the funniest thing the whole night. I was glad to see Matt get some balls and has every right to be pissed at Julie.
Old 11-03-07, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Best episode of the new season. It's finally feels like FNL of last season. The talk between Landry's dad and Tyra was very powerful. Street falling off the boat was a great way to quickly end a crappy storyline. Matt & Julie are great together, even when they aren't together. The tension is brutal.

The bad: The way Landry became a football hero. Its just too much. Coach & Tami are almost useless. Last season they were the point around which all other stories revolved, now they don't even have an interesting story to tell.

Over all, a great episode with just a couple weak spots.
Old 11-03-07, 06:25 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
yeah good ep, i also hate the street stuff
Old 11-03-07, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where does one find Tulips in Texas in the middle of Fall?

BFF!

Booze Cruise!

LANCE!!

Pump and Dump!
(geez.. the freezer is your best friend Miss Tami But of course if she did that.. then we wouldn't have heard her say " I have to go and pump and dump.)

Good to see Matt get a back bone and tell Miss Jules that she's been a brat.
Old 11-03-07, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
The best episode of the new season so far. Was I the only one thinking that was gonna be Jason Street's swan song for a couple of seconds there?
Old 11-03-07, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Take out the Mexico excursion, and it was a very solid episode, albeit for another miracle football ending.

I'm kind of glad Tyra brought up the "I'm only with you because of the killing," because I never liked the fact that the writers put them together in bed right after the killing - it did make it seem that way.
Old 11-03-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I'm kind of glad Tyra brought up the "I'm only with you because of the killing," because I never liked the fact that the writers put them together in bed right after the killing - it did make it seem that way.
I agree with you.. but we have to remember that 8 months passed between the finale and premiere.. that's alot of hanging out together.
But yes, I agree that them sleeping together was a heat of the moment thing. That said, I also think that she really didn't mean it when she said that she's only with him because of the killing.. I think she really does care about him and is kinda willing to take the fall for what happened.
Old 11-03-07, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
That said, I also think that she really didn't mean it when she said that she's only with him because of the killing.. I think she really does care about him and is kinda willing to take the fall for what happened.

Obviously.

I'm just saying that I think the writers didn't really approach it correctly. They spend a lot of time together and then when she does give it up for Landry, it's right after he killed someone trying to protect her? It was all very contrived. If they were going to go with this stupid killing storyline, it would have been better later in the season, after they had hooked up.
Old 11-03-07, 11:49 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
I enjoyed Matt growing a pair and telling Julie to get lost, his scene with Mrs. Coach at his work was great as well.
Old 11-03-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Every scene was just fantastic. I'm not crazy about the Mexico and murder plotlines, but the dialogue and acting in those were great regardless.
Old 11-03-07, 04:36 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
FNL continues with the successful rebound from the so-so opening episodes.

Many great moments in last night's episode.
Old 11-03-07, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lila's "I have to go pray." was priceless.

Best episode of this season so far. Though another last second victory, I really was excited watching the game portion - really no other way to go if they're going to re-establish Taylor as the "teacher" as well as the coach. There is no "I" in team.

Oh yeah, also loved when Smash tried to talk after Matt stormed out and Taylor was like, "Close the door on your way out."
Old 11-03-07, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode. Definitely seemed better than most of the season so far.
Old 11-03-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Nice of Tyra to dump Landry during the celebration of his finest hour. She couldn't have at least waited until the next day?

GREAT episode all around. "I love you don't touch me good-night."
Old 11-03-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Now THAT was worthy of being called Friday Night Lights.

If they hadn't gone with the Landry/Tyra murder plot this season, I would have favored Street not surfacing and having friends/family deal with a suicide.
Old 11-04-07, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
GREAT episode. Especially loved it when Matt told Julie off.

I agree that the Mexico story was the weakest part.

But I'm surprised no one mentioned the bit between Leila and the two guys at the end. They're trying to convince us she's become a Christian and then they film it like they're about to have a threesome or something. It seemed to come WAY out of left field--I think it was just the way it was filmed. Then to have her say "I have to go pray." Gimme a break. Lazy writing there on a series that usually hits it so well on the mark.
Old 11-04-07, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, WTF with Lyla kissing both of those guys at the end? I thought that came out of left field as well.
Old 11-04-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
I haven't been as down as some of you on this season.

I've been thoroughly entertained and this was by far the best episode of the season. It was good to see Eric back coaching the sidelines for Panthers.

Looking forward to seeing the payroll snafu on Eric's paycheck...

Whoever in their casting department decided to hire Glenn Morshower for this season should get a raise. That was IMO some of the best casting. He's absolutely perfect has Landry's Dad.
Old 11-04-07, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts
It's looking to me, that Lance, err Landry, is going to become a defensive star. He made the interception in practice, and forced the fumble with a nice tackle.

For me the show comes to a screeching halt whenever Lyla shows her religion. Where is that hot sexually active girl I came to love last year?
Old 11-04-07, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts
I was distracted by Mrs. Coach's milk-filled mammaries...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.