Search this Thread

Old 10-28-07, 11:52 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 267 Likes on 202 Posts
Brothers & Sisters - "Domestic Issues" - 10/28/07

"Domestic Issues"
Spoiler:
Joe puts up a tough custody battle; Kitty drops a Halloween bombshell that will alter the Walker family's future.
Old 10-28-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, my gosh! I'm going to kill Tommy! I can't believe his actions.

I also really dislike Joe, now. How could he be so ruthless? He should not be trying to take the kids away from Sarah. As a father who claims to care for, and love, his children, he should realize that shared custody is the only way to go in this situation.

Yay! Kitty is pregant! I believe she and Robert are going to make great parents. The hard part is going to be telling Robert's children.

I can't believe that the judge sided with Joe on the temporary full custody matter. I really hope that Sarah gets rough, and brings Joe's indescretion out into the open.

This is another excellent episode of this very wonderful show. I am so in love with it!
Old 10-28-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
It seems to me Joe has taken care of the kids the whole time so it does not seem out of line to me.
Old 10-28-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, Joe is a stay at home dad. However, Sarah has been there, as well. As she said, you can't punish someone who has to balance a career and a family. The right choice would have been to give joint custody, not full custody. They have always had their mother and their father. So, this is out of line, in my opinion.
Old 10-29-07, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't really like Sarah, so I don't really have a problem with the judge's decision. Of course, I don't really like the Joe or their kids, either. So really, the only solution is to have them reconcile, decide to go on a trip to Disneyland, and die in a horrible car wreck.
Old 10-29-07, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BigDaddy
It seems to me Joe has taken care of the kids the whole time so it does not seem out of line to me.
And Joe has already proven what a crappy job he's doing with his oldest son from his previous marriage. Remember him? Joe is so laid back that the kid was getting away with murder. Since HE was the one who wants the divorce and was the one kissing Sarah's step-sister, I don't see how a judge would view him as the best role model for raising the kids. If you ask me, Nora should nanny them!
Old 10-29-07, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by rfduncan
And Joe has already proven what a crappy job he's doing with his oldest son from his previous marriage. Remember him? Joe is so laid back that the kid was getting away with murder. Since HE was the one who wants the divorce and was the one kissing Sarah's step-sister, I don't see how a judge would view him as the best role model for raising the kids. If you ask me, Nora should nanny them!
Heh, well, I don't think the show remembers him, either.
Old 10-29-07, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sarah temporarily losing custody was pretty sad (very good performance by Rachel Griffiths), but it's just temporary, the big battle are still to come. Joe definitely outflanked her in these early battles, but Sarah will come back with some better strategies (I hope).

Tommy is playing with fire, carrying on with Lena.

Justin is loading up on the painkillers, going back down the same road to addiction.

Kitty's preggers, and Robert finally said the right things, albeit on the air during a televised debate for his party's nomination. I'm having problems imagining Calista Flockhart putting on weight, even fake weight. Quite the challenge for the makeup and wardrobe department.
Old 10-29-07, 01:41 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 267 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Heh, well, I don't think the show remembers him, either.
He's hanging out with the black guy from the first couple of episodes of the series that they hinted Sarah had an affair with
Old 10-29-07, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I couldn't believe that Joe is the one who caused the demise of the marriage and he gets rewarded with custody of the kids! That is so wrong. I have never liked Joe anyways and they had already established what a snake he was.

I do wish they would bring back that guy that Sarah was tempted by the affair with. Now that she is free, that would really piss off Joe.

Tommy's wife had no personality and I think that was one of the leftover mistakes from before they overhauled the show. I think they made a mistake in casting some one-note actress so maybe that is why they had her character leave. It just does not seem realistic the way she would up and leave her husband like that and not even take his calls.
Old 10-29-07, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I don't really like Sarah, so I don't really have a problem with the judge's decision. Of course, I don't really like the Joe or their kids, either. So really, the only solution is to have them reconcile, decide to go on a trip to Disneyland, and die in a horrible car wreck.
Old 10-29-07, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Tommy's wife had no personality and I think that was one of the leftover mistakes from before they overhauled the show.
what was the overhaul? I just watched last season on DVD and am now caught up....

good episode. it was great when Kitty came over for the debate and everyone danced around the preggers issues. nice one Saul!!

I feel really bad for Sarah. I was wondering how she held it together so well through all of that...the last scene was fantastic. I like her so much better than Brenda Chenowith... heheh
Old 10-29-07, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They righted the ship about 4 episodes into the first season.
Old 10-29-07, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

is that when Greg Berlanti came on board?
Old 10-30-07, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yup.