Smallville -- "Action" -- 10/25/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-07, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Smallville -- "Action" -- 10/25/07

"Action"
Spoiler:
When a movie is shot in Smallville, Clark is forced to secretly use his powers to save someone from a runaway car... but somebody is looking and becomes Clark's biggest fan. Meanwhile, Lionel's fate is revealed.

First Aired: Thursday October 25, 2007
Old 10-25-07, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
ugh. That doesn't sound very good at all. I guess we are definitely past the premier window and into the thick of the season.

But a to the last 4 words in your spoiler.
Old 10-25-07, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty much the same episode story they've used three times now.
Old 10-25-07, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Tonally, this episode was all over the map. I was wondering how wacky it was going to get after Lionel is recaptured because Lionel's subplot conjured up "Misery" for me.

The use of Warrior Angel comics to push Clark into accepting his impending fate a super hero was a little hamfisted, but the wink to the audience was funny enough to me. Lex's comic collection was hilariously over-the-top in terms of comic book preservation and display purposes.

Lana is all wonky and hellbent on exacting revenge, when will Clark wise up that he's shacking up with a very driven woman with bad intentions on her mind.

Nice cape.
Old 10-25-07, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
I enjoyed it. The cape hanging, with Clark walking away reminded me of that famous Spider-Man cover. Maybe they are setting up Clark for his big fall/destiny. He has everything he wants, but that can quickly change for a hero.
Old 10-25-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, it's a staple in classic hero origins, their assumption of the mantle usually comes at great personal tragedy that drives them to set things right and keep the battle between good and evil in balance.
Old 10-25-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
Christina Milian
Old 10-25-07, 10:49 PM

who/what exactly does Lana want to seek revenge on? why did Lionel say to let him go??
Old 10-25-07, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshalo
Christina Milian
Yep!

I really enjoyed this episode mainly because of her.

Although Lionel's story was so-so.

How long can that red cape stay there?
Old 10-26-07, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
No Kara.

I liked the ep. I always thought Clark was thin-ish but when he was doing chores his t-shirt the brothah had some decent guns.
Old 10-26-07, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Pros: Lex's forshadowing of Clark being alone and doing something the audience doesn't expect , Christina Milan

Negatives: The New Editor (I know this is TV but even in imaginationland there is no way an annoyting teeny bopper would be made head of a major nsp), Lana and her storyline (the producers must really hate her), no supergirl

...overall i liked it
Old 10-26-07, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Negatives: The New Editor (I know this is TV but even in imaginationland there is no way an annoyting teeny bopper would be made head of a major nsp),
worst character on the show for me, take me out of every episode. I bet if he ever finally clears his throat he'll have a voice like Oliver Twist. I've said it before, but this show has really become Kid Nation with the exception of Pappa Luthor running around looking bored by all the younguns.

That being said, the ending was awesome, and as someone mentioned already, very evocative of the Spider-man cover.

-Doc
Old 10-26-07, 09:22 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Much better episode than last week. Glad to see Lionel back in the picture. That headbashing was brutal.
Old 10-26-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
Negatives: The New Editor (I know this is TV but even in imaginationland there is no way an annoyting teeny bopper would be made head of a major nsp)
I agree, and I have a theory. Looking at how the editor seemed to want to stop any Luthor stories, I'm thinking that he was put in the position by Lex - for the purpose of controlling what news is printed about the Luthors. At some point, this will be come out and Editor Boy will then be replaced by .... Perry White!
Old 10-26-07, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bronkster
I agree, and I have a theory. Looking at how the editor seemed to want to stop any Luthor stories, I'm thinking that he was put in the position by Lex - for the purpose of controlling what news is printed about the Luthors. At some point, this will be come out and Editor Boy will then be replaced by .... Perry White!

I hope you're right, as that would be very cool... but still, the other characters should at least be acknowledging that a 12th grader is running the "Planet" and that they find it a little odd.

-Doc
Old 10-26-07, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
worst character on the show for me, take me out of every episode. I bet if he ever finally clears his throat he'll have a voice like Oliver Twist. I've said it before, but this show has really become Kid Nation with the exception of Pappa Luthor running around looking bored by all the younguns.

That being said, the ending was awesome, and as someone mentioned already, very evocative of the Spider-man cover.

-Doc
It's not so much the actors fault as he is just Miscast. I don't believe someone that age would be Editor either.
Old 10-26-07, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I always thought Clark was thin-ish
Hardly! Welling's a big guy. In fact, he's bigger than the guy that played Superman.

As for the episode, I thought it was pretty good. Though I was pissed at the "Clark flying" tease when he saved Lana.
Old 10-26-07, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by riley_dude
It's not so much the actors fault as he is just Miscast. I don't believe someone that age would be Editor either.

The dude's sounds like he's got a softball in his throat. And his delivery's dry.

...and he's a terrible actor.

-Doc
Old 10-26-07, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Terrell
Though I was pissed at the "Clark flying" tease when he saved Lana.
I like to reference Toy Story by saying That's not flying. It's falling, with style.
Old 10-26-07, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lana still should have suffered some internal injuries with the abrupt landing on the vehicle, and not just walk away from the rescue without a scratch on her (inside or outside).
Old 10-27-07, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Awsome episode!!! Overall it could have used some work, but the comic references, the cape scene, the parallels to comics and the rant about bloggers and upset fan community were great!! I really hope this episode puts the remainder of season in focus and leads us toward something.

Also, I'm beginning to wonder if there is a Lana double running around. Maybe I'm just too used to seeing a smiling happy fake face turn into a snarky villanous look when somebody turns their back. Didn't see that from Lana this week. Plus her, what seemed to me, genuine plea to Clark to think beyond her and Smallville.

Great season so far - I'm really loving it. In the past, I hoped they'd put out a mythology dvd set ala X-Files, but now I may just have to get the who series. Course that begs the quetion - complete series set, or wait it out for the same in HD even though the first 4 seasons are only on regular.
Old 10-27-07, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Lana still should have suffered some internal injuries with the abrupt landing on the vehicle, and not just walk away from the rescue without a scratch on her (inside or outside).

I wast thinking the same thing. Her head should've snapped back when he landed/crashed since he wasn't supporting it.
Old 10-27-07, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Yeah I chuckled at the physics of the situation, but it's Superman and it's always been like that so I don't let it bother me too much.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but Lana and Clark were both traveling very fast (probably hit terminal velocity, traveling over 100 MPH). Clark holding Lana and landing on the car would basically have the same effect as Lana landing on the car by herself. She went from 100 MPH to 0 instantaneously.
Old 10-27-07, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I wast thinking the same thing. Her head should've snapped back when he landed/crashed since he wasn't supporting it.

mwahahah
Old 10-27-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
So is Lana dedicating herself this season to seek revenge on Lex and Lionel for basically ruining her life?

Agreed with all the sentiments on Michael Cassidy. Totally miscasted as the editor of the Daily Planet. Bring back Michael McKean ASAP!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.