Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

halloween bins at walmart yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-07, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
halloween bins at walmart yet?

I know there was a slight mention of this in the 3.98 titles at walmart thread, but I was just wondering if the halloween bins are at walmart yet, or if they are even having them this year. I know they have a small halloween section, but the bins last year with all the $4.88 titles. It seems they are running out of time, and I haven't seen any yet.
Old 10-25-07, 12:56 AM

well my Wal-Mart doesnt have the bin this year just a regular section for halloween movies for like 5 bucks each.
Old 10-25-07, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine doesn't either. Although I didn't notice one last year until about or after Halloween.
Old 10-25-07, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by riderjeff
I know there was a slight mention of this in the 3.98 titles at walmart thread, but I was just wondering if the halloween bins are at walmart yet, or if they are even having them this year. I know they have a small halloween section, but the bins last year with all the $4.88 titles. It seems they are running out of time, and I haven't seen any yet.

At first I didn't know what you were talking about, but then remembered WM did have a big display of Halloween/Horror movies this time last year. I remember getting a few dvds myself. I guess all we got this year was the $5 stand from a couple weeks ago. I would love to see "The Thing" SE pop up at one of these $3.88/$4.88 sales.
Old 10-25-07, 06:09 PM

I didn't see one at my local Wal-Mart last week, but I did notice the Friday the 13th series in the $5 bin, along with a few other horror titles. Maybe they just opted to do it that way this year.
Old 10-26-07, 02:22 PM

I haven't seen any yet. Very lame - no good horror sales this year.
Old 10-26-07, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by vjack99
I haven't seen any yet. Very lame - no good horror sales this year.
Yeah. Very depressing as a horror fan, I must say...
Old 10-26-07, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FangsFirst
Yeah. Very depressing as a horror fan, I must say...
What's even more depressing is when you go to BB and CC and you own everything worth owning in their $4.99 and $6.99 sales.
Old 10-26-07, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
What's even more depressing is when you go to BB and CC and you own everything worth owning in their $4.99 and $6.99 sales.
What might be more depressing than that is that you paid alot more for them when they first were released and if you would've waited you could've gotten them for $4.99 or $6.99.
Old 10-26-07, 10:14 PM

I went crazy with the CC BB sale! I got Re-Animator (with needle), Phantasm, Halloween-25 Years of Terror, TTCM (New version/2 disc set typically $29.99), The Grudge 2, Ju-on and The Cell.

Waiting on Walmart....
Old 10-26-07, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
Sigh, I know. I had about 2-3 exceptions...

Originally Posted by Phibes
What might be more depressing than that is that you paid alot more for them when they first were released and if you would've waited you could've gotten them for $4.99 or $6.99.
Yes, even more true :\

At least the greater amount paid for Cujo was paid by someone else to get it FOR me...though I was still tempted to figure out some way to get more out of it...

Originally Posted by filmfreak
I went crazy with the CC BB sale! I got Re-Animator (with needle), Phantasm, Halloween-25 Years of Terror, TTCM (New version/2 disc set typically $29.99), The Grudge 2, Ju-on and The Cell.

Waiting on Walmart....
Own it, own it, own it, own it...don't want it, not sure if I want it, own it :\

Cool that you got them, though.

I keep thinking I paid more for Re-Animator, then I forget mine was unopened after I bought it and I returned it when I got a Stuart Gordon signed copy through my manager...
Phantasm I guess is also cool cause I got the poster exclusive to CC from it, and I got 25 years last year from CC for only *4*.99 instead of BB's current 6.99...
But darnit, do some Blue Underground obscure horror, or stuff like Squirm and Raw Meat...that's why Wally's were the best last year--they were pulling out much more "random" titles, not the same old classics and recent junk.
Old 10-28-07, 10:10 AM

I just returned from the local Wal-Mart and found no Halloween bins. The one bin I did find (2 for $10) had almost no horror. I picked up a few non-horror movies but was disappointed not to find any Halloween deals.
Old 10-28-07, 03:48 PM

My Wal-Mart had one, but none of the movies were priced. I had to scan each one of them, with most of them being $13.whatever. They had some good ones in there though, like the classic Dracula and Frankenstein collections, the Child's Play 2-however many there are set. Some were only $9.whatever, while the Omen box set (all 5 movies) was only $20.