TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House--"Guardian Angels"--10/23/07

Old 10-23-07, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
House--"Guardian Angels"--10/23/07

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
A 20-year-old funeral home cosmetician, Irene, has a massive seizure and she hallucinates that the cadavers in the funeral home have come to life. House and the remaining seven fellowship candidates must figure out why. As the team runs tests, they realize Irene is carrying on conversations with her long-deceased mother, who she believes is sitting in the room with her. Thinking something in the funeral home may have made Irene sick, House sends the candidates on some less-than-desirable investigative missions, one of which involves a visit to a graveyard. As Irene's symptoms become more life-threatening and her ghostly visions more vivid, House surmises that connecting with Irene's dead mother might be the best route to diagnosing her illness. Meanwhile, Foreman finds his "House-like" reputation has preceded him as he interviews for a new job, and House must narrow down the candidates from seven to six.

Didn't see anything posted for tonight...
Old 10-23-07, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Son of a bitch"
"What is it?"
"Ankles, they buried the guy the wrong way"

For some reason, that had me
Old 10-23-07, 09:08 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
The rose ceremony

Not enough House/Wilson scenes this episode
Old 10-23-07, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Wish they would have kept old guy. Would have been nice to have him on Foreman's team. It's amazing how useless Chase is, and has always been. They found a way to force Cameron in there and Foreman actually has a legit storyline but Chase gets one scene of nothingness.
Old 10-23-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Azura Skye!

I can't wait to see her in tonights episode!
Old 10-24-07, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Glad to see the old guy leave, as i didn't care for him anyway.

I was actually disappointed in the way Foreman came back. It seemed too predictable. But it certainly looks like it will add a cool dynamic for next week.
Old 10-24-07, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't stand that one douche who played the psycho brother Teddy on Huff and is in seemingly every other commercial on tv right now. I hope he gets the boot soon.

I am starting to like "cutthroat bitch" a little bit, though.
Old 10-24-07, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can't believe he didn't get rid of the Indian guy. That dude is useless.
Old 10-24-07, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This was the worst episode of the series so far. I liked the trainees, but the graveyard scene was just too much. I just don't believe they would do that and they didn't get caught. The whole episode seemed more like a comedy/parody than a drama.

What the heck is wrong with Cuddy? Did they forget how to write for her character. She seems too passive and a push over. I also don't like the idea of the old team coming back. They did a great job casting the new ones. Go with them.

More Wilson.
Old 10-24-07, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Damn, I missed this ep.
Old 10-24-07, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
House spoofing "The Bachelor" at the end was hilarious. House's Angels (doing Charlie Townsend) was also spot-on. Cameron's making the most out of her screentime. I'm not sure if Foreman goes back to being on House's "team" or not.
Old 10-24-07, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I liked the scene with Cuddy telling Foreman that the best deal he'll get is her pretending like she's not doing him a favor. Funny that House is considered a famous diagnostician, but Foreman is blackballed for displaying a fraction of House's behavior.

Genius of the blonde to screw with 13's head, although I'm not sure of the ethics of seeding a delusional patient's mind with a vision.

The graverobbing was a little much.
Old 10-24-07, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I liked the scene with Cuddy telling Foreman that the best deal he'll get is her pretending like she's not doing him a favor. Funny that House is considered a famous diagnostician, but Foreman is blackballed for displaying a fraction of House's behavior.
I think the point was that no one would hire House either. The one guy said that he would love to hire Foreman but he didn't have the balls to put him through the board.
Old 10-24-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Did anyone else notice that Wilson changed the poster in his office.

It used to be Vertago, now it is some other poster.
Old 10-24-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never seriously believed we'd be able to rid ourselves of the old team, but there was still a part of me holding out hope that somehow the show would move past them. Sadly, it's not to be. I almost posted this last week, but self-satisfied hooker-hair Cameron is even more annoying and useless than puppy-dog diagnostician Cameron.

Not of a fan of the grave robbing or the dog thing (13 should be smarter than they made her for this episode), but it made me laugh, which is all I ask for from this show.

das
Old 10-24-07, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Have to say that I absolutely HATE Cameron as a blonde. Bring back the brunette!
Old 10-24-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Did anyone else notice that Wilson changed the poster in his office.

It used to be Vertago, now it is some other poster.
I noticed the poster and thought it was different too.
Old 10-24-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
I noticed the poster and thought it was different too.

It's Touch of Evil, but I could swear I've seen that poster in there before...
Old 10-24-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cameron's acting in this ep seemed weird and overdone to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Old 10-24-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Loved the episode.

loved the newbies, not sure who I want to stick around.
Old 10-25-07, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mike7162
It's Touch of Evil, but I could swear I've seen that poster in there before...
Hes always had both Touch of Evil and Vertigo since the beginning of the series as far as I remember.
Old 10-25-07, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I'll miss Bosley - they should have kept him around and ditched a couple of the other schlubs.

It would have been kind of cool had they really had the balls to have House get a new team. I hope they drag the tryouts out as long as possible...

Last edited by B.A.; 10-25-07 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-25-07, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by porieux
I can't believe he didn't get rid of the Indian guy. That dude is useless.
As he was in 24 last season. Dude should stick to the Kumar roles and get back to White Castle. I thought it was funny how he and the other guy did virtually NOTHING in this episode and House just sort of throws them their flowers with no pomp in comparison to the others.

Originally Posted by ENDContra
Hes always had both Touch of Evil and Vertigo since the beginning of the series as far as I remember.
Yes, you are correct. Set dressers rarely renovate an established set unless there is something directly addressed in the script that requires it. Something like changing wall hangings arbitrarily would not be likely to happen.
Old 10-25-07, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts
Since I watched the preview, I knew she was going to be seeing things. Also, being House I figured there would be a rational explination for the "visions". 13 even said half way through, "She probably over heard something." Indeed, since I was watching out, there was a reference to the previous episode when they were putting her into the MRI.

However, how does that account for the details she knew?

How does that account for her knowing/seeing House's grandfather?

Does this mean, along with the socket incident, that this year is going to take on a death theme and House trying to unravel the meaning of life/afterlife?
Old 10-25-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 901 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally Posted by Superman07
Since I watched the preview, I knew she was going to be seeing things. Also, being House I figured there would be a rational explination for the "visions". 13 even said half way through, "She probably over heard something." Indeed, since I was watching out, there was a reference to the previous episode when they were putting her into the MRI.

However, how does that account for the details she knew?

How does that account for her knowing/seeing House's grandfather?

Does this mean, along with the socket incident, that this year is going to take on a death theme and House trying to unravel the meaning of life/afterlife?
She didn't know about his grandfather. When he was talking with Wilson after that he said that he just acted like it was true so she would trust that he believed her. He had no grandfather named Walter.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.