Search this Thread

Old 10-22-07, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Journeyman---"The Legend of Dylan McCLeen"---10/22/07

Air Date: October 22, 2007

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Dan tracks a former soldier accused of stealing a large amount of money. Meanwhile, Katie deals with the police after a robbery takes place the night of her gala.
Old 10-22-07, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought this was a really good episode.
Old 10-22-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A very enjoyable episode.

I believe the Dr. knows way more than he is letting Dan know.

Glad this show is still around.

"I like your magic."

Doug
Old 10-22-07, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great episode, my favorite yet. Lots of cool bits with the son, his dad, and the tachyon guy. Minimal family drama, although I imagine we haven't seen the last of the liquor store robbery and his newfound unexplained wealth won't help with that.
Old 10-22-07, 11:17 PM

Great episode so far, and snap at the kid seeing him disappear. Now I just hope his wife sees to erase any vestige of doubt.

This has turned out to be my favorite new show this season. Although Pushing Daisies is a (very) close second.

Man, the acting in this series is just off the charts good all around. It appears the writers are setting up Dan to have MAJOR problems with the cops (and his brother eventually). They're definitely still tracking that money and I'm sure it'll come back to bite him soon enough.

"You're magic!"

I'm more worried about the cops finding it at his house and thinking the money is from the liquor store robbery than tracking it, though.
Old 10-22-07, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Just tell the damn brother already!

I liked the tidbit w/ the son at the end, too.
Old 10-22-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by heavy liquid
I'm more worried about the cops finding it at his house and thinking the money is from the liquor store robbery than tracking it, though.
That was my first thought as well. He has no legitimate way to explain the cash if the cops find it.
Old 10-23-07, 02:07 AM

Except the cash will all be dated from the 70s. I think it will mostly be used to explain how he can pay for things when he's in the past.
Old 10-23-07, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B.A.
Just tell the damn brother already!

I liked the tidbit w/ the son at the end, too.

He told his brother in the first episode if I recall, and he thought he was nuts.
Old 10-23-07, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by dgmayor
He told his brother in the first episode if I recall, and he thought he was nuts.
Then he needs to sit him down w/ his wife so that she can back him up.
Old 10-23-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Great episode. This is my 2nd favorite new series next to Chuck. The acting was solid and there was a good balance between Dan's home life and his journey.
Old 10-23-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Yup, the show continues to hold my interest. I've liked some of the other time jumps more interesting but it was still good non the less.
Old 10-23-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Stupid Journeyman ratings, stop falling!
Old 10-23-07, 01:54 PM

Good episode. This was the first time I was really interested in the time travel mission.

For being a big shot journalist (according to the newspaper meeting at the beginning of the episode, losing Dan would cause circulation to drop), Dan is doing a shitty job trying to get any useful information out of Livia.

Don't care about the Jack storyline ("I think my brother's gambling again and I'm still carrying a torch for his wife") but unfortunately
Spoiler:
according to my guide data, it's going to get worse in the next two episodes

Journeyman's viewer numbers are now as bad as Viva Laughlin's were on Sunday night. Oh well.
Old 10-23-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Solid episode but I'm really ticked at the falling ratings...why aren't people watching this? They nailed the casting again with Joel 'Tom Baldwin' Gretsch as Dan's dad, that was pretty cool. I definitely think the Dr. knows much more than he is letting on...
Old 10-23-07, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I don't understand why the ratings are dropping off. Another great episode this week! I hope this show sticks around. If any show on NBC gets canceled, it needs to be Bionic Woman.
Old 10-23-07, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by heavy liquid
Man, the acting in this series is just off the charts good all around.

I don't think the acting is very good at all. Sadly I am about ready to stop watching.
Old 10-23-07, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by klemsaba
I don't think the acting is very good at all. Sadly I am about ready to stop watching.
You think the acting on this show is bad? You must have some really high standards. The acting on this show is Emmy-worthy compared to Viva Laughlin.
Old 10-23-07, 11:54 PM

I'm glad that a lot of people here like the show.

One of the big reasons that the ratings are dropping is that the ratings for Heroes is dropping also. Heroes had its lowest amount of viewers in millions for a first run show last night.

But let's not discount the ratings when DVR figures are added in. I'm not sure what they are, but maybe a lot of people these days would rather go to bed at a decent time (me) and watch it later.

Chris
Old 10-24-07, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Really digging this show as well, probably my favorite of the new season. I also like the theme song, sort of a catchy little tune. Hope they tap into the sci-fi elements a bit more.

Does anyone think the kid saw a ball of light when his Dad left, or did he just see his Dad just vanish? I ask since Dan has disappeared in public and I'd think a ball of light appearing might be noticeable.

Hope the show sticks around a while.
Old 10-24-07, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Excellent episode. I'm getting the feeling there's more to the story of Dan's dad "disappearing" than just walking out on his family.
Old 10-24-07, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
Really digging this show as well, probably my favorite of the new season. I also like the theme song, sort of a catchy little tune. Hope they tap into the sci-fi elements a bit more.

Does anyone think the kid saw a ball of light when his Dad left, or did he just see his Dad just vanish? I ask since Dan has disappeared in public and I'd think a ball of light appearing might be noticeable.

Hope the show sticks around a while.
I've wondered about the visual effect of his jumping as well. At least twice he's jumped from the middle of a fairly crowded newsroom and this episode from a pretty crowded market. You would think that at least one person would have been looking in his general direction and seen him vanish, but that bright flash would have attracted almost everyone's attention.
Old 10-24-07, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WallyOPD
I've wondered about the visual effect of his jumping as well. At least twice he's jumped from the middle of a fairly crowded newsroom and this episode from a pretty crowded market. You would think that at least one person would have been looking in his general direction and seen him vanish, but that bright flash would have attracted almost everyone's attention.
And say what? You couldn't prove anything because he was alone with Zack who didn't see it. How could you identify someone in a crowd like that? You wouldn't really notice Dan SPECIFICALLY until he vanished after which you'd not be able to remember what he looked like.

I think NBC is messing up with this show's promotion. The sci-fi elements need to kick in harder and more quickly to have maintainted a Heroes lead-in.

I'm guessing Dan will keep some of that cash on hand at all times for any unanticipated "jump". I find it interesting now that he is starting to "know" when it is about to happen more and more. Also suspect that Livia can control it more - how else does she find Dan to "advise" him? Perhaps Dan will get the ability to rein it in a little better himself. The liquor store robbery is a little heavy handed IMHO - a cell phone picture of a guy with a gun in that vicinity is a suspect? Okay, but that is a stretch.

Joel Gretsch was a good casting call. And I'm CERTAIN the doctor knows more. He DEFINITELY called Dan while in the past last week. They had more than a two sentence exchange...

The thing I find most amusing is how Dan dresses. He wears such basic "plain Jane" clothes that he fits into almost any decade mid-70's to present.
Old 10-24-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Solid episode but I'm really ticked at the falling ratings...why aren't people watching this? They nailed the casting again with Joel 'Tom Baldwin' Gretsch as Dan's dad, that was pretty cool. I definitely think the Dr. knows much more than he is letting on...
Gretsch was good. I hope he shows up a bit more, as I think he's a good actor. McKidd is just fantastic. And this show looks like it's going to keep getting better and better...
Old 10-24-07, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by rfduncan
And say what? You couldn't prove anything because he was alone with Zack who didn't see it. How could you identify someone in a crowd like that? You wouldn't really notice Dan SPECIFICALLY until he vanished after which you'd not be able to remember what he looked like.
True for the market but it's happened at least twice while he was in the newsroom as well, where presumably many people would have seen and noticed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.