Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Any impressions of the CSI game?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-07, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any impressions of the CSI game?

It looks kind of interesting and i was bummed when Gamefly didn't ship it to me to check out.

Any impressions? Doc West?
Old 10-13-07, 04:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the majority of the reviews on GameFly pretty much nailed it. If you really like CSI spend time watching the show not playing the game. I mean it can be fun/interesting to try and figure things out, but overall I didn't find it as enjoyable as I thought I would.
Old 10-14-07, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my friend said it was one of the worst games he's ever played. he said it was one of those titles that you will see later on at bb or target for $15 in the clearance section b/c they have so many of the title. he did like the 1000 achievement score though. took him about 3 hours to beat the game. it's a rental for sure.
Old 10-14-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by forsho01
he did like the 1000 achievement score though. took him about 3 hours to beat the game. it's a rental for sure.
That's exactly why it's in my queue over at GNF.
Old 10-14-07, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't think the game is awful, just not worth buying. Basically it's very much like a point and click computer game (and would have worked much better for the DS). You have a limited crime scene to wander around and you have to look for clues. Then you go back and forth between the lab, the mourge and Brass' office compiling your evidence. So there are a lot of loading screens. As long as you are expecting a mellow game that is more of a point and click adventure than something more traditional, you should enjoy it. And yes, the achivements are super easy to get. You don't even have to beat each case on hard to get them, all you have to do is complete it.

My problems with the game are that the controls are pretty unresponsive sometimes and that can get annoying (you have to use the D pad for a lot of stuff and it does not work too well). Also the whole aspect of questioning the suspects is a waste of time seeing as how you have to ask them every single question that pops up on your screen. There is no variety and that makes it pretty boring. The games is also way too easy and pretty short (I've been told each case takes about a hour to beat). So I'm taking my time with it and only doing one case every few days.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions.
Old 10-14-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the info West. It sounds like a good rental since i enjoy the point-and-click style adventure game and having it on the 360 instead of the DS for nice graphics would be cool.
Old 10-15-07, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by forsho01
my friend said it was one of the worst games he's ever played. he said it was one of those titles that you will see later on at bb or target for $15 in the clearance section b/c they have so many of the title. he did like the 1000 achievement score though. took him about 3 hours to beat the game. it's a rental for sure.

More like 10hrs to beat the game, as there are 5 cases and about 2hrs each is the fastest you could possibly do it. Still, an easy 1000 points and a piece of crap game
Old 10-18-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i played the PC version while back, i don't think it's really a console game... Controls are much easier with the mouse. As for DS version, it's a thought, but with the crappy graphics, it's gonna be a bitch to locate the clues...