Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

good PSP online rentals??

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 10-09-07, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the PSP slim, and need a good fast online rental site.
I will only get 1 at a time, might get 2 at a time if the $ is not much more.
I just want to try before I buy a $40 turkey!!
I'm looking for fast turn around for the $$.

thankz
Old 10-09-07, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,174 Likes on 4,203 Posts
I don't know about Gamefly (since they've banned me for life ), but at gameznflix, they've stopped renting PSP games because (they say) the USPS now no longer apply the same postal rates to the thicker UMD mailings than they do to CDs DVDs and letters in envelopes.
Old 10-09-07, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why on earth would they ban you for life?
Old 10-09-07, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_D
Why on earth would they ban you for life?
During the time they gave a free month, one of the games I returned at the hospital mailbox got lost. I thought I had learned my lesson and after that, I only returned at the mailbox at the post office. At the end of the month, I cancelled and proptly returned the two games I still had out at the post office. They claimed never to have gotten them and subsequently banned me. I'm now not even able to purchase used games from them that I pay for up front. Apparently, I would be allowed to return if I "help them locate the missing games". Since I returned them three years ago, I don't think that's likely to happen. Not that I completely blame them with three games missing, but I really didn't keep any and am at a loss why I can't even pay for used games from them. Screw 'em, I say!

Now for gameznflix, I only return them in the slot inside the post office for the least handling possible. I haven't had a problem in months of membership doing that.
Old 10-09-07, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sounds like a terrible run of luck. In all my years of fairly rampant online ordering and ebay I've only had 2-3 parcels go missing (all which I managed to get replaced) so I consider myself pretty lucky.
Old 10-09-07, 10:23 PM

Yeah, it was pretty unreal. I couldn't believe that NEITHER of the two games I had mailed seperately but simultaniusly in the mailbox outside the post office didn't ever get returned, but that's their story. Maybe there was a crook in the post office. Anyway, they think I'm a major thief and my protestations of innocence continue to land on deaf ears. Those games are probably only $5 each now; I could just buy a used copy and mail it to them, but that would REALLY make me look guilty and I'm not.
Old 10-10-07, 06:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a similar experience w/ GameFly but I gave them a call and was able to talk them into giving me another chance. As far as where to rent that would be my recommendation. I don't have a PSP myself (opted for the PS3 instead ) but they seem to have a pretty wide selection of games and movies. Plus if you have any other systems you can mix those in as well.