Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sex In the City (2008) - News, Spoilers, Castings, Etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Tried my best to search for an existing thread on this, but couldn't find one (having three words in the title too short for the search will do that).

Below is a story with massive spoilers regarding the plot.

Spoiler:
Major plotlines for the new Sex and the City movie have been leaked. And boy are they juicy! Fans are advised to stop reading now if they want to be kept in the dark.

At the end of the sixth and final series of the show, we saw Sarah Jessica Parker's character Carrie swept off her feet by on/off love Mr. Big - played by Chris Noth - after following her to Paris to win back her heart, and fans have been eager to see if their romance will ever have a happy ending.

And now here's the answer fans have been waiting for - Carrie will marry Big in the new movie.

The actress - who reprises her role as the feisty sex columnist in the big screen adaptation of the hit series - shot the wedding scenes at New York's St. Patrick's Cathedral today.

During the wedding ceremony, Carrie will be supported by her three closest friends, Charlotte, Samantha and Miranda - played by Kristin Davis, Kim Cattrall and Cynthia Nixon respectively - who will all be wearing jewellery borrowed from H. Stern.

Last month, it was revealed Kristin's character Charlotte would be pregnant in the new movie.

The actress was seen wearing a large prosthetic baby bump on the New York film set as she filmed dramatic scenes with Mr. Big.

Onlookers watched as Charlotte - who struggled to conceive a baby during the hit series - stormed out of Italian restaurant Lumi on Lexington Avenue, apparently heavily pregnant.

Charlotte then appeared to go into labour before being rushed to hospital in Big's chauffeured limousine.

Charlotte ended the show by marrying her Jewish fiance Harry Goldenblatt planning to adopt a baby girl from China.

- BANG! SHOWBIZ

Here is a picture of Carrie in a certain "state of dress". I strongly caution you not to look if you don't want to be spoiled:

Spoiler:
Old 10-04-07, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
I wonder if it will be rated R?
Old 10-04-07, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Absofuckinglutely.
Old 10-04-07, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 208 Likes on 120 Posts
My wife was pissed when they showed footage of scenes with her in that dress, and she blew up at the TV set. I thought it was wrong to show that without a warning of some kind.
Old 10-04-07, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Chrisedge
My wife was pissed when they showed footage of scenes with her in that _____, and she blew up at the TV set. I thought it was wrong to show that without a warning of some kind.
I thought so too, that's why I spoilerized it. My wife on the other hand, would rather watch the movie in 30 sec clips scattered throughout until the release date.
Old 10-04-07, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I wonder if it will be called "Sex and the City," like the TV show was.
Old 10-04-07, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisedge
My wife was pissed when they showed footage of scenes with her in that dress, and she blew up at the TV set. I thought it was wrong to show that without a warning of some kind.
Do you really think that (what's revealed in the spoiler) won't be a major part of the advertising for this movie, featured in every commercial, on the poster, etc.?
Old 10-05-07, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been reading about feuds between Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Catrell because Kim didn't think that she earned enough.

I seriously wish that Kim Catrell was left out of this movie, I've always thought that she was by far the weak link in Sex and the City, way too much older than the other girls.

Anyway, the movie looks interesting, I'll definately catch it on DVD when it's eventually released.
Old 10-06-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
I wonder if it will be called "Sex and the City," like the TV show was.

yeah me too.
Old 12-08-07, 04:17 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZdKGNEbU5II&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZdKGNEbU5II&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 12-08-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My sister and I started squeeling when we saw that on youtube!
Old 12-27-07, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could never get into Sex & the City.How could these 4 dim bulbs manage to earn enough to afford to live in NYC?Plus Ive always found Sarah Jessica Parker to be very unattractive.Kim Cattrall was the only hot one.
Old 12-27-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Lastyear
How could these 4 dim bulbs manage to earn enough to afford to live in NYC?
???

They all can realistically live in NYC. Carrie is probably the most exaggerated when it comes to cost of living, but that doesn't mean someone like her can't live decently in the city. And they were always grounded in relation to her problems with not having enough to afford certain things.

Last edited by conscience; 12-27-07 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-27-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I could never get into Sex & the City.How could these 4 dim bulbs manage to earn enough to afford to live in NYC?Plus Ive always found Sarah Jessica Parker to be very unattractive.Kim Cattrall was the only hot one.
One is a (somewhat) succesful writer. I know plenty of writers live in NYC, so this can't be out of the question.
One is an attorney.
One owns a PR firm.
The other has a ton of alimony and was an art dealer (I think).

Did not seem out of the ordinary to me. At least compared to stuff like Friends.
Old 12-27-07, 10:43 PM

Kim Cattrall was the only hot one.
I don't know, Kristin Davis is mighty fine.
Old 12-27-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Bus
...Did not seem out of the ordinary to me. At least compared to stuff like Friends.
Speaking of "Friends", I ran across this recently while looking at Cameron Crowe's bio at Wikipedia. Crowe wrote and directed the movie "Singles" (1992):

...Warner Brothers television tried immediately to turn "Singles" into a tv series. When Crowe balked at the notion, the company proceeded with the idea, engaged a new writing and directing team, changing elements and the name to "Friends."...
With regard to Sex and the City, I'll be sure to catch it on DVD once it's eventually released.
Old 12-28-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Brack
I don't know, Kristin Davis is mighty fine.

only if you don't think about ronald reagan
Old 12-28-07, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by al_bundy
only if you don't think about ronald reagan
I never think about Ronald Reagan.
Old 12-28-07, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What was the youtube video above? It was removed.
Old 12-28-07, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
What was the youtube video above? It was removed.
it was just the trailer
Old 02-22-08, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Full trailer released:

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/02/2...y-is-released/
Old 02-22-08, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, that was quick, the studio just took it down. Trailer wasn't supposed to hit for another three months.

Here's what I can remember:

Spoiler:
Carrie is supposed to be getting married to Big (John Preston is his full name apparently). There's some getting ready for the wedding. Shows clips of the girls with their men (Carrie-John, Miranda-Steve, Charlotte-Harry, Sam-Abs Dude). No one really looks all that different. Carrie wants a big wedding, John just wants her. Looks like he doesn't show up to the wedding. Carrie blames herself for making a wedding "bigger than Big". John looks like he returns at some point. Charlotte is pregnant with her own child. Miranda and Steve look like they break up due to Steve's infidelity (WTF, that's pretty unlikely and will really upset fans). Sam looks to be still man-crazy. Carrie meets Jennifer Hudson. Carrie shopping. Carrie shopping with Miranda. Carrie shopping with Charlotte. The girls eating brunch. The girls drinking cosmos and martinis. Carrie telling a growth up Charlotte's little adopted girl that life is full of unexpected stuff.

Pretty much, this trailer looks like the entire movie condensed into two minutes.
Old 02-22-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Hurry. It's still up here:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=1010&item=3
Old 02-22-08, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Wow, that was quick, the studio just took it down. Trailer wasn't supposed to hit for another three months.
3 months from now is when the movie itself comes out.
Old 02-22-08, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Seantn
3 months from now is when the movie itself comes out.
From Cinematical:

"And, well, there you have it folks. You can find out what happens (if you have any doubt), when the trailer hits screens May 30."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.