Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

MythBusters Season 3 and 4 sets coming

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
MythBusters Season 3 and 4 sets coming

I took a look at the Discovery Channel's store when I saw that they are having $10 off of Paypal orders, and the first thing I went to look at was the MythBusters DVDs. And, surprise, there are two new sets coming out! They cost as much as their previous sets, $49,95, but contain about double the amount of episodes per set. Couple things about these sets though. First, they are not hardly lined up with their seasons. The season 3 set contains most of season 2 and a couple season 3 episodes and their season 4 set is the rest of season 3 and all of season 4. But, more importantly, the season 3 set contains EVERYTHING that is in the Season One, Volume Two set! It also contains 10 of the 13 'Season Two' episodes (although the Season Two set was just 13 individual DVDs sold together, so not really a set. This 'set' is also known as 'Set 2').
Just in case anyone would like to know, here's a quick view at their 'season' sets (BTW, all season numbering I use is from the TVIV's MythBusters season guides):

Pilots - 3 episodes (all pilot episodess)
Season One - 13 episodes (all season 1 episodes)
Season One, Volume Two - 11 episodes (the first half of season 2)
Season Two (aka Set 2) - 13 episodes (4 specials, 9 episodes from season 2)
Season 3 26 episodes (all 24 season 2 episodes, first 2 season 3 episodes)
Season 4 30 episodes (the other 14 season 3 episodes, all 16 season 4 episodes)
Season 5, Part 1 (aka Episodes 70-74) - 5 episodes (first 3 season 5 episodes, 1 special from season 4 and 1 special from season 5)
Season 5, Part 2 (aka Episodes 75-79) - 5 episodes (next 5 season 5 episodes)

Understand now? Here's the cheat sheet, what you need to own to have all episodes:
Pilots, Season One, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5 Part 1 and Season 5 Part 2.
That will give you every episode up through 2/3's of season 5, with the exception of 12 specials from the first 4 seasons. 6 of those specials are available as individual episodes, 5 only though Discovery Channel's store and 1 nationally.

Oh, and in case you were wondering about those Collections that were released nationally (well, 1 was released, the second one is coming in a couple weeks), here's how they break down as to what they have that is in the sets.
Collection 1: 6 episodes in Season One, 3 episodes in Season 3 and 3 specials not in any set (but all 3 are among the ones available though Discovery Channel stores).
Collection 2: 9 episodes in Season 4, 4 episodes in Season 5, Part 1

I hope someone finds this information useful
Old 10-03-07, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is Discovery trying to make it as difficult as possible to own all the Mythbusters episodes. It's all but impossible to keep track of all of it. And just to make it even better, they're duplicating episodes between different "season" sets. I wish they would have gotten this right to begin with and released true season sets of every episode in order with specials included.