Christmas Time in South Park DVD on 11/13

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 09-18-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

From The Digital Bits:

They're also releasing a Christmas Time in South Park DVD on 11/13, featuring the episodes Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo, Merry Christmas, Charlie Manson, Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics, A Very Crappy Christmas, Red Sleigh Down, It's Christmas in Canada and Woodland Critter Christmas. It also comes in gold foil packaging that makes it look like one of those Little Golden Books from when you were a kid. Nice.
They're not even going to include "The Spirit of Christmas" short??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 09-18-07, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
For anyone who doesn't want to click on the link:

Old 11-23-07, 07:47 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts
Anyone buy this?

It appears to have nothing except the 7 Christmas episodes that were previously releases on the earlier two SP Christmas DVDs.

I can't believe they didn't include the Spirit of Christmas short.
Old 11-23-07, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, they're continuously dropping the ball on including the original short on any relevant releases. Instead, they released it on the 'best of volume 1' set. Bah.
Old 11-23-07, 08:20 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts
Yep, they really suck on these releases.

I bought all the original DVDs, am now rebuying them in the season sets (as each season set has something not originally included if I recall.)

Then they put that short on the best of, making you buy episodes for a third time if you wanted that short.

I'm really surprised that they didn't put something new on this release, making it a 4th buy for some episodes (I'm just guessing that at least one Christmas episode is on the best of, I didn't buy it).
Old 11-23-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the Golden Book look of the cover.
Old 11-23-07, 10:45 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still buying the season sets, so no need to pick these up. I wonder how long this show is going to keep going?
Old 11-23-07, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

so what's the scoop on Season 11? I notice Paramount is releasing the Imaginationland trilogy next spring for the first half of season 12, does that mean they'll just hold season 11 over until the fall when the second half of season 12 premieres?
Old 11-23-07, 03:35 PM

I took advantage of Best Buy's Black Friday sale for the South Park seasons. $14.99 per season, so i picked them all up since i didn't have any of them, along with The Hits Vol. 1 & this Christmas time one
Old 11-23-07, 09:32 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by nothingfails
so what's the scoop on Season 11? I notice Paramount is releasing the Imaginationland trilogy next spring for the first half of season 12, does that mean they'll just hold season 11 over until the fall when the second half of season 12 premieres?
Season 11 just ended last week...Don't expect it until at least April of 2008, if not longer (September/Oct).
Old 11-25-07, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Season 11 just ended last week...Don't expect it until at least April of 2008, if not longer (September/Oct).
yea, I know, but with season 12 starting in March/April, one would assume they would have it out in time, instead of the Imaginationland trilogy. Season 11 was a huge step up from 9 and 10, so I can't wait to own it.

Curb Your Enthusiasm's sixth season just ended about two weeks ago and it's out before the end of January.