Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Will we ever see remastered anamorphic transfers of bruce lee and sonny chiba films?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Will we ever see remastered anamorphic transfers of bruce lee and sonny chiba films?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-07, 02:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will we ever see remastered anamorphic transfers of the bruce lee and sonny chiba films? anyone have any new on these titles?
Old 09-17-07, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by a58chevy
Will we ever see remastered anamorphic transfers of the bruce lee and sonny chiba films? anyone have any new on these titles?
I'm 99% certain Fox reissued: Fist of Fury, Chinese Connection, Way of the Dragon, and Game of Death with anamorphic prints and original language trackss.

Of course, Enter the Dragon has a wonderful anamorphic 2-Disc SE from WB.

As far as the Chiba films go, there are a handful that have proper SEs out, but I can't remember which.
Old 09-17-07, 11:39 AM

Um...

Originally Posted by a58chevy
they're already out there. Are you talking about certain titles that aren't released yet?
Old 09-17-07, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Ultimate...0047810&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Enter-Dragon-T...047810&sr=1-10

If you go check Yesasia.com or DDDhouse.com they have the R3 versions if that's what your looking for. There's also the HKL version which are R2.
Old 09-17-07, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I'm 99% certain Fox reissued: Fist of Fury, Chinese Connection, Way of the Dragon, and Game of Death with anamorphic prints and original language trackss.

As far as the Chiba films go, there are a handful that have proper SEs out, but I can't remember which.
There's a bunch of DVDs released by Adness under "The Sonny Chiba Collection" banner that I think are anamorphic remasters: Karate Bullfighter, Karate Bearfighter, G.I. Samurai, Shogun's Ninja, Shogun's Shadow, The Legend of the Eight Samurai, etc.
Old 09-17-07, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flagstone
There's a bunch of DVDs released by Adness under "The Sonny Chiba Collection" banner that I think are anamorphic remasters: Karate Bullfighter, Karate Bearfighter, G.I. Samurai, Shogun's Ninja, Shogun's Shadow, The Legend of the Eight Samurai, etc.
Yep .. Adness/Ventura and Brentwood. They are very good quality releases as well.

To the OP definitely look for the box sets instead of the individual releases (if plausible) as they will save you in the long run.

Shogun Collection - Adness/Ventura
- Shogun's Ninja
- Shogun's Samurai (The Yagyu Clan Conspiracy)
- Shogun's Shadow
- Swords of Vengeance

Samurai Collection - Brentwood Home
- GI Samurai
- Legend of the Eight Samurai
- Ninja Wars

The Masutatsu Oyama Trilogy - Brentwood Home
- Karate Bull Fighter
- Karate Bear Fighter
- Karate for Life

I can't vouch for the last set as I haven't picked it up yet. But if Brentwood treated this release the same as the Samurai Collection I'm sure it's fine.

There are of course other releases other than the one's above.
Old 09-17-07, 04:57 PM

Slightly O.T., has Pray for Death, starring Shô Kosugi, ever been released on DVD?
Old 09-17-07, 05:51 PM

get the box set "Lethal Chiba" theyre all anamorphic, and if you get it from deepdiscount its about $13.
Old 09-18-07, 12:22 AM

Fyi,

Originally Posted by visitor Q
But if Brentwood treated this release the same as the Samurai Collection I'm sure it's fine.
the Brentwood releases are repackaged versions of the Adness versions. The folks behind Adness are now part of Brentwood/BCI.
Old 11-10-07, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
to anyone that owns the sonny chiba samurai collection can you tell me how the dvds are housed? is it a digipack or 3 keep cases in a box? thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-07, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
to anyone that owns the sonny chiba samurai collection can you tell me how the dvds are housed? is it a digipack or 3 keep cases in a box? thanks in advance.
They are 'thin cases' in a sturdy cardboard box. They are similar to keep cases, just much slimmer than a normal.
Old 11-11-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Boba Fett

It's on HD DVD and Blu-Ray too. I compared it to my old Enter the Dragon DVD and was floored by the difference.
Old 11-11-07, 06:39 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Bruce Lee ultimate collection has great picture quality and sound.
Old 11-12-07, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i don't think any lee movies are missing
Old 11-12-07, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sonny Chiba Collection DVD Set (Hyb) LiveAction

Here, in one deadly collection, are six films from Sonny Chiba's celebrated career in motion pictures and television. From a captain of the famous Bullet Train to a deadly assassin, Chiba's performances are always dazzling and intense.

This set includes the first-ever US release of the longer cut of Bullet Train with English subtitles and the international cut of Bullet Train with a dubbed English audio track. Golgo 13 is also uncut and includes both the Japanese audio and English dubbed audio track, plus, this set includes new anamorphic widescreen transfers of the English dubbed versions of Dragon Princess, The Bodyguard, Karate Warriors, and Sister Street Fighter.

Contains the following films:
Golgo 13
Bullet Train
Karate Warrior
Dragon Princess
Sister Street Fighter
The Bodyguard

Nov 20 2007

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/76470/4/0/0
Old 11-13-07, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been waiting for the Street Fighter series in anamorphic and in Japanese/ eng. subs. Hopefully someday.