Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

New Nick Hornby out on 10/16

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-07, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
New Nick Hornby out on 10/16

This snuck up on me. Was just thinking when his next book would be coming out so I went to his website. I really enjoy his style so looking forward to this.

Description:

Just when everything is coming together for Sam, his girlfriend Alicia drops a bombshell. Make that ex-girlfriend-- because by the time she tells him she's pregnant, they've already called it quits. Sam does not want to be a teenage dad. His mom had him at sixteen and has made it very clear how having a baby so young interrupted her life. There's only one person Sam can turn to--his hero, skating legend Tony Hawk. Sam believes the answers to life's hurdles can be found in Hawk's autobiography.
But even Tony Hawk isn't offering answers this time--or is he? Inexplicably, Sam finds himself whizzed into the future, for a quick glimpse of what will be . . . or what could be. In this wonderfully witty, poignant story about a teenage boy unexpectedly thrust into fatherhood, it's up to Sam to make the right decisions so the bad things that could happen, well, don't.

Old 09-18-07, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope I like it more than How to Be Good and A Long Way Down. Both were tough to slog through at times. He could get back to writing likable characters someday.