Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

New SAW IV clip

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-07, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
New SAW IV clip

Watch Jigsaw's Autopsy
Clip contains spoilers of course but a good clip!

SAW IV clip

Alternate link for Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HsZBJGCo8E

Last edited by VHS?; 09-11-07 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-11-07, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
watched it. intriguing. looks like they find carrie's body as well. One thing I like about this series is that they always remember what happened before, and often they revisit the scene.
Old 09-11-07, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was really nasty.
Old 09-11-07, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
It's no longer available
Old 09-11-07, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well not only does the channel suck but apparently so does the website.
It's slow as shit and loads errors all the time.
Sure it will be back soon......
Old 09-11-07, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New link to clip.Not as clear but clear enough for flash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HsZBJGCo8E
Old 09-11-07, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Impressive. Might have to catch this one.
Old 09-11-07, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought appropriating the words of Admiral Ackbar on the teaser poster was silly enough, but that clip transcends this series into Scooby-Doo laughable territory.
Old 09-11-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SuckaMC
One thing I like about this series is that they always remember what happened before, and often they revisit the scene.
I 'm glad they always remember what happened before. The Saw series is now just plain stupid.
Old 09-12-07, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Thought it was a cool clip. Didn't really see anything laughable about it.
Old 09-12-07, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
That's trippy I'm almost sad I watched it because I try to avoid clips when it comes to Saw.
Old 09-12-07, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was cool and will check it out this Halloween. I didn't see anything really laughable either.
Old 09-12-07, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by SuckaMC
One thing I like about this series is that they always remember what happened before, and often they revisit the scene.
That’s one thing I’ve always liked about the Saw series as well. I just hope it doesn’t ever turn into an ‘In-Name Only’ franchise. I know after Saw IV (4), they’re will be 2 more Saw movies (Saw V (5), Saw VI (6) ) & I hope after that they put the franchise to sleep & end it on a high note.

That probably won’t happen because almost every horror franchise gets milked to death & this one will probably see the same fate. I just hope it doesn’t & it’s one of the rare exceptions.

Anyways, looking forward to Saw IV when it’s released on DVD (don’t go to theatres anymore). I’ve enjoyed each Saw movie & each one has been better than the previous so I hope that streak continues with this one as well.
Old 09-12-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't been a big fan of the Saw series (I think Saw III is the better made movie of the three), but that clip is definitely interesting to say the least.

What interests me a lot as well is that Saw IV has a smaller budget than the last one. Not a big decrease ($10 million compared to $12 million), but Saw II and Saw III both tripled it's previous film's budget. It makes me wonder if Lionsgate is being a little bit on the safe side just in case the film tanks due to the recent trent of horror films have taken.
Old 09-12-07, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I truly do feel that this film won't do as well. I think it'll do maybe half what the previous film made. I just don't think people are as interested anymore. That'll still be profitable, just not as much as the previous film.
Old 09-12-07, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know if it will make as much as the others, but I think it will make enough for part 5 to happen. It depends on reviews and word of mouth between fans of the series.
Old 09-12-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think that the only way a part 5 wouldn't happen would be if this movie made under 15 million dollars, and that is NOT going to happen! I think this movie could make 30-40 million. Even if Part 4 bombed horribly, i'd guess that Saw 5 would be made and possibly go straight to video.

Or maybe they'd send Jigsaw into outer space to try and re-invent the series. That always works.
Old 09-12-07, 09:58 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by nateman241
That’s one thing I’ve always liked about the Saw series as well. I just hope it doesn’t ever turn into an ‘In-Name Only’ franchise. I know after Saw IV (4), they’re will be 2 more Saw movies (Saw V (5), Saw VI (6) ) & I hope after that they put the franchise to sleep & end it on a high note.

That probably won’t happen because almost every horror franchise gets milked to death & this one will probably see the same fate. I just hope it doesn’t & it’s one of the rare exceptions.

Anyways, looking forward to Saw IV when it’s released on DVD (don’t go to theatres anymore). I’ve enjoyed each Saw movie & each one has been better than the previous so I hope that streak continues with this one as well.
I love the idea that stopping at entry number 6 is what you consider ending it on a high note and not having milked every last penny out of it.

Edit: I'm not trying to pick on you, I just considered II and III to be milking it, and I can't believe people actually want to see three more.
Old 09-12-07, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
If you think about it, The Saw series is like this generations Friday the 13th. How many sequels can they make in a ten year period?
Old 09-13-07, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
If you think about it, The Saw series is like this generations Friday the 13th. How many sequels can they make in a ten year period?
Ten?

I think that the only way a part 5 wouldn't happen would be if this movie made under 15 million dollars, and that is NOT going to happen! I think this movie could make 30-40 million. Even if Part 4 bombed horribly, i'd guess that Saw 5 would be made and possibly go straight to video.
The only way Saw IV will bomb if it fails to pull in any sort of audience. I'm talking Captivity-esque numbers where the film only makes $3 million it's opening weekend. From where the money is concerned, if the film clears $20 million, Lionsgate will already have made a profit as that much will cover both the production and marketing budgets. The moment Saw IV hits that target (which will most likely be on the second day it's released), it'll mark that Saw V will go straight to theaters.

And let's be honest, I believe that this film will make more than $20 million in it's opening weekend -- it's only competition on fucking Halloween weekend is the Steve Carrell dramedy Dan In Real Life and the Simon Pegg comedy Run Fatboy Run, both films opening on less than 1500 screens compared to Saw IV's 3300+ (as estimated right now). Saw III made more money than it's predecessor on it's opening weekend, so in theory, Saw IV has nowhere to go but up. Even if the film doesn't do as much as the last outing, it's opening weekend should still be in the high twenty million dollar range.

As long as Lionsgate can pull a profit on the franchise during it's theatrical run, they'll still continue to produce the films. If not, they'll cut the budgets in half and send them directly to DVD.
Old 09-13-07, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

30 Days of Night comes out the weekend before. I think audiences might rather watch that then watch Part 4 of a series that already seems to be wearing out it's welcome. Even the online talk of this movie on other message boards isn't excited in the way that they were excited when the others came out. I'm sure Saw 4 will be profitable, but I don't see it doing the business of parts 1-3.
Old 09-13-07, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Seantn
30 Days of Night comes out the weekend before. I think audiences might rather watch that then watch Part 4 of a series that already seems to be wearing out it's welcome. Even the online talk of this movie on other message boards isn't excited in the way that they were excited when the others came out. I'm sure Saw 4 will be profitable, but I don't see it doing the business of parts 1-3.
If 30 Days of Night is like 95% of every horror film ever made, it'll drop 50% plus it's second weekend leading Saw IV to be the box office victor on Halloween weekend.
Old 09-13-07, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I know... I didn't say it wouldn't be the victor. I just am saying that it won't be as victorious as the previous 3 were.
Old 09-13-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I love the idea that stopping at entry number 6 is what you consider ending it on a high note and not having milked every last penny out of it.

Edit: I'm not trying to pick on you, I just considered II and III to be milking it, and I can't believe people actually want to see three more.
Oh, I know you’re not trying to pick on me. No worries. Everyone has a different opinion on things & I can see where you’re coming from.

With the Halloween series, I thought they were milking it at Halloween III: Season of the Witch & after that it just became ridiculously stupid.
Seantn
Or maybe they'd send Jigsaw into outer space to try and re-invent the series. That always works.
Well, I didn’t hate Jason X & I actually enjoyed it. It wasn’t a good movie by any means but it was entertaining.

Of course I’m extremely bias because the Friday the 13th franchise is one of my favorite horror franchises.
Old 09-13-07, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nateman241
Well, I didn’t hate Jason X & I actually enjoyed it. It wasn’t a good movie by any means but it was entertaining.
I still stand by the fact that Jason X was not only a better made film than Freddy vs. Jason, but a more entertaining one at that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.