Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Batman Begins..

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-07, 05:38 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Batman Begins..

I am sure it has been discussed but I don't care, LOL! I just watched Batman Begins again and think this movie is far, far better than any of the rest. Christian Bale is a kick azz Batman!!! Who is with me?
Old 09-08-07, 05:47 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wrong forum. You'd want to discuss this in the Movie Talk forum, and you'd also want to do a search to find an existing Batman Begins thread.
Old 09-09-07, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shill?
Old 09-09-07, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by basenjib123
I am sure it has been discussed but I don't care, LOL! I just watched Batman Begins again and think this movie is far, far better than any of the rest. Christian Bale is a kick azz Batman!!! Who is with me?
I am! I can't get enough of this movie and I agree it is the best Batman movie. I keep rewatching it...I just uploaded it into my iPhone.
Old 09-09-07, 10:55 AM
Banned

Definitely the best Batman. Now, if only they can keep it up!
Old 09-13-07, 02:35 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Somehow managed to not watch this until last night. Huge comic fan, huge Nolan and Bale fan, what was I thinking waiting this long?

Anyway, it rocked all the other Batman movies, except Burton's first possibly.

Looking forward to the sequel.
Old 09-13-07, 02:46 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by zombiezilla
Definitely the best Batman. Now, if only they can keep it up!
even though I was quite entertained by the movie, I thought the fight choreography/filming was terrible.

DP to director: 'pull back... pull back'
director: 'goddamn it, no - I want to be IN the action'
DP: 'the framing looks like shit, aw fuck it, he IS the director'
Old 09-13-07, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I love seeing random threads end up in the wrong forum by new members. Seriously, it brings me joy.

That being said, BB is definitely the best Batman film, period. I loved everything about it. I was never a huge fan of Burton's Bat flicks, and we all know 3 and 4 sucked balls, so Nolan really had nowhere to go but up. I can only hope TDK is just as amazing.
Old 09-13-07, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Giles
even though I was quite entertained by the movie, I thought the fight choreography/filming was terrible.

DP to director: 'pull back... pull back'
director: 'goddamn it, no - I want to be IN the action'
DP: 'the framing looks like shit, aw fuck it, he IS the director'
QFT.
Old 09-13-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Upon my initial viewing, I thought it rocked, but I actually enjoyed it a lot less the second time I watched it and now I would say that it is just OK.
I prefer the Burton Batman movies.

Last edited by Maxflier; 09-13-07 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-13-07, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really enjoyed the movie and then someone pointed the huge gaping plot point that a machine that can turn water into steam including water underneath concrete and steel would instantly kill everyone by turning the water in their bodies into steam.
Old 09-13-07, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I'm a huge batman fan though I really watched it once and for me that's more than enough. I guess I just really didn't have any love or hate for the film. It was just sort of.. there.
Old 09-13-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I really enjoyed the movie and then someone pointed the huge gaping plot point that a machine that can turn water into steam including water underneath concrete and steel would instantly kill everyone by turning the water in their bodies into steam.
I can't believe that never occurred to me. And I call myself a University graduate! For shame ...
Old 09-13-07, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I remember thinking about that while I was watching it at the theater...then I told my brain to shut up and enjoy the movie.
Old 09-13-07, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a machine that turns water into steam.

cheers,

-the Jesus
Old 09-13-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I prefer the Burton Batman movies.
I like Burton's movies a lot, but Batman Begins is my favorite. But all three of them have a couple of things that bug me about them.

Batman
Spoiler:
He let Vale in the Batcave!

Batman Returns
Spoiler:
Catwomen really had nine lives. And Bruce revealed his identity to Selena & Shrek

Batman Begins
Spoiler:
Batman revealed his identity to Rachel Dawes. And it was too cliche the way they did it

Maybe I'm just too passionate about the Dark Knight
Old 09-13-07, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
I love Batman Begins but agree about the silly weapon that makes no logical sense, bugged me the first time I saw it (ever seen a cat in a microwave? Yeeeaah. Me neither, but I've heard stories)
Old 09-13-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles

I agree. They had some of the guys who worked on Ong Bak to do the fight choreography but they totally wasted it. You coudn't see shit.
Old 09-14-07, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't get why Batman just didn't shoot the tracks first and then go to the bad neighborhood.

Instead he made it hard on himself by doing the opposite and letting Gordon destroy the tracks.
Old 09-14-07, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I LOVED the Adam West Batman movie when I was a kid. Now it's unwatchable.

I LOVED the Michael Keaton Batman movie when it was first released. Now it's just okay.

I LOVED Batman Begins when it was first released. Let's see how I feel about it in a few years.
Old 09-14-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
I enjoyed the movie more than any of the others, but it wasn't without its problems.

1. Identifying the killer of Bruce Wayne's parents AND having him killed ruins the concept of Batman. Well, for me at least. I feel that Batman wages an unrelenting war on crime because every thug he punches out is a surrogate for the thug who killed his parents. With Joe Chill dead, there's not need to be Batman anymore.

2. The filming of the fight scenes. I know, I know, it was filmed that way intentionally to capture the confusion of scuffle, in-close fighting, etc., etc., etc. Hogwash. That's an excuse for directors who really don't know how to capture fight sequences.

3. Katie Holmes. 'Nuff said.
Old 09-14-07, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by matrixrok9
I don't get why Batman just didn't shoot the tracks first and then go to the bad neighborhood.

Instead he made it hard on himself by doing the opposite and letting Gordon destroy the tracks.
If he destroyed the tracks himself, that would have left Ducard on the train to maybe discover him destroying the tracks and do something different. He knew if he worked with Gordon and let him take the car and go blow up the tracks, he could get onto the train (after saving Rachel, of course) and distract Ducard and maybe stop the train.

Originally Posted by ytrez
I feel that Batman wages an unrelenting war on crime because every thug he punches out is a surrogate for the thug who killed his parents. With Joe Chill dead, there's not need to be Batman anymore.
I think with Chill dead, every thug Batman punches gives Bruce Wayne the chance to give the payback that he never got to. The course to becoming Batman was made possible because Chill was killed. If he would have gotten to shoot Chill himself, Bruce would have gone down a whole different path...and as you said, there would have been no need for Batman.

Last edited by The_Infidel; 09-14-07 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-14-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
considering this was more a fantasy film than a hard science fiction film, wouldn't it be possible to qualify the capabilities of the device-
for instance, the boy of water needs to be of a certain mass, and contiguous, a glass of water rather than a sponge-
or that the device was using a focused beam?

I'm more bothered by lapses or contrivances in character behaviour and motivation than I am by the capabilities or allowances made for fantasy devices.
Old 09-15-07, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Enjoyed it more than the previous series. Looking forward to the next one.
Old 09-15-07, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Loved it. Perfect? No. Still the best Batman adapation? Most certainly.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.