DVD Talk
Rescue Me - "Cycle" - 8/29/07 [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Me - "Cycle" - 8/29/07

MrX
08-29-07, 06:25 PM
"Cycle"
Tommy goes on a date with Beth for the sake of the crew; Black Shawn proves himself in an unexpected arena; Dad gives Tommy some insight into his childhood

phantom_azazel
08-29-07, 11:48 PM
seems all the funny parts dont involve denis anymore. although the part with the new chiefs daughter was ok, downer as usual though

DeputyDave
08-30-07, 06:18 AM
I dunno, maybe I've stopped expecting much (this was one of my top five shows of all time, after all) but this weeks episode seemed better.

It does seem kind of unrealistic that Franco's ex would be seriously dating and having sex with another man after only 4 days. She seemed more level headed than that.

The whole baby story line is getting silly and tired.

MrX
08-30-07, 08:00 AM
Was this Rescue Me or an hour long Vitamin Water ad?

There were more funny parts this week I thought. Loved Lou taking the drunk fire fighters around to the back.

"Where's the fire at?"

"It's around here somewhere":lol:

slop101
08-30-07, 10:54 AM
"Put your balls where your mouth is..." :lol:

I'm gonna have to start using that one.

Bobby Shalom
08-30-07, 01:15 PM
I wish I had positive things to say about this episode.

Like most of this season - it just kind of layed there.

Did anyone else feel it was odd that the daughter of a Jewish New York Fire Department captain spoke with a Southern accent?

Deftones
08-30-07, 05:35 PM
So, what was the point of Tommy driving the truck and going into the building?

DeputyDave
08-30-07, 06:50 PM
I'm sure it will come up next episode. Tommy saved several people and there was a brief scene showing one of his saves being interviewed by a reporter. The victim pointed at Tommy but all the reporter could see was his back and the passed out fireman's name on the jacket.

Deftones
08-30-07, 07:23 PM
That was after the fact. I'm just curious why he decided to get in the truck at all, let alone go in w/o proper gear.

TruGator
08-30-07, 07:33 PM
That was after the fact. I'm just curious why he decided to get in the truck at all, let alone go in w/o proper gear.

The other firefighters on the truck were drunk so he drove. IMO, he went into the building because he didn't want the other guys to do anything stupid and/or get in trouble for drinking on the job.

Deftones
08-30-07, 07:51 PM
Ok. I must've missed the part where they were all drunk. I saw the one guy puke, and assumed he was.

TGM
08-30-07, 09:33 PM
I am finding the Mike character to be increasingly annoying and creepy.

CaptainMarvel
08-30-07, 10:14 PM
The other firefighters on the truck were drunk so he drove. IMO, he went into the building because he didn't want the other guys to do anything stupid and/or get in trouble for drinking on the job.

I thought it also probably had to do with his dream in the beginning of the episode, where his fellow firefighters were dying while he wasn't there to help.

boogieman03
08-31-07, 11:47 AM
Man, I think I'm just soured on the whole season. Basically everything Tommy does/says annoys me now. All his speeches seem forced to me.

MrE
08-31-07, 11:54 AM
I thought it also probably had to do with his dream in the beginning of the episode, where his fellow firefighters were dying while he wasn't there to help.
I thought it was another dream. It wasn't realistic at all -- Tommy was out of uniform, driving like a maniac and sending his crew away from the fire ... ?

sb5
08-31-07, 01:08 PM
I thought it was another dream. It wasn't realistic at all -- Tommy was out of uniform, driving like a maniac and sending his crew away from the fire ... ?

I don't think it was a dream. It was just another in a long line of "let's have Tommy do something incredibly dangerous/heroic to show he's the greatest firefighter ever in the history of the universe, despite his problems" scenes. It's probably a requirement in Denis Leary's contract right alongside "Must have hot, oversexed women constantly throwing themselves at Tommy".

At least they didn't give him stigmata this time...

uteotw
08-31-07, 02:43 PM
I don't think it was a dream. It was just another in a long line of "let's have Tommy do something incredibly dangerous/heroic to show he's the greatest firefighter ever in the history of the universe, despite his problems" scenes. It's probably a requirement in Denis Leary's contract right alongside "Must have hot, oversexed women constantly throwing themselves at Tommy".

You hit the nail on the head. Dead on--and that whole thing is getting old.

jjcool
09-02-07, 04:36 PM

It was a dream. That whole thing with the drunk firemen and driving the truck to the fire, and Running in with no gear, was a dream.

Legolas
09-03-07, 02:08 AM
Why are some of you saying it was a dream? It wasn't a dream otherwise 1) he would've waken up, and 2) there was no thematic reason for it to be a dream.

movieking
09-03-07, 08:36 AM
I just watched it last night. It definitely wasn't a dream.

lotsofdvds
09-04-07, 02:56 PM
Is the guy who plays Mike shooting a movie or something? Or maybe he really injured himself? His presence in this season seems so odd.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0