Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

KISSOLOGY Vol 3. What should be on it; What WILL be on it?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 479 Likes on 351 Posts

Now that KISSOLOGY Vol 2. is out, I'm wondering what will end up on Vol. 3.

I'm absolutely positive that they will include a full Revenge show. They are really proud of that tour, and they should be. But other than that, the rest is mere speculation - so let's speculate and come up with wish lists:

What I'd like to see...

1992:
Revenge Concert - Full show

1993:
Arsenio Hall appearance (including interview)
Concrete Foundations Forum (IF pro-shot video exists, it may not)
Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve performance

1994:
Tonight Show with Garth Brooks
South American show (Santiago, Chile September 1, 1994 was professionally shot, and the set list is amazing) - Full show (as a "Bonus Disc" at least)

Japanese Tour Concert (at least as a "Bonus Disc")
UNPLUGGED - WITH outtakes (there's so much great stuff that never aired - put the whole thing on there - or put the version that aired on there, and then show the outtakes)

Reunion Tour Concert - Full Show
Brooklyn Bridge show - FULL show (5 songs)

Dodger Stadium Psycho Circus Halloween Concert - Full Concert (I was there, one of the best Reunion era shows I saw either in person or on video)
Mad TV
Millennium (Getting the rights to these two may not be possible, then again - knowing Gene he may have gotten rights to inclusion of these episodes on future KISS home video releases as part of their original contracts!)

"Farewell" tour show

"Farewell" tour show from Japan (possible Bonus disc - great shows)

I'm sure there's some other stuff that would be nice to have - but that's the Vol 3 that I'd like to see...
Old 08-14-07, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Video of the Millennium Show?
Old 08-15-07, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DaveWadding
Video of the Millennium Show?
Millennium the TV series; the Psycho Circus episode featuring KISS. Each band member gets a non-KISS bit part on top of the KISS appearance.

And the Mad TV episode had multiple KISS appearances.
Old 08-15-07, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by B5Erik
Millennium the TV series; the Psycho Circus episode featuring KISS. Each band member gets a non-KISS bit part on top of the KISS appearance.

And the Mad TV episode had multiple KISS appearances.

I'm just saying video of the 12/31/99 show (Alive IV.5 ) could be on the set.
Old 08-15-07, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Be nice to have some clips of the show (Ohio?) that Peter Criss missed and so they had a roadie fill in wearing his makeup.
Old 08-15-07, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully there will not be any Tommy Thayer and Erik Singer "post farewell" shows.

I'm sure they will have all of those clips from their appearances on Jay Leno during the reunion years.
Old 08-15-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, since we've got Rock the Nation Live DVD covering the 2004 tour I don't think there will be anything post 2003 on Vol. 3. (Although I'd love to see the full Chumash show from last year where they played "KISSin' Time.")

Tommy and Eric are always pushing Paul & Gene to throw more "album cuts," and fan favorites into the set list. Tommy is still a huge fan of the band, and Eric was a fan back in the 70's, so they really get what the fans would like to see the band play.

Vol. 3 could conceivably be the best of the three IF they pick the right stuff (like what I noted on the initial post).
Old 08-15-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=B5Erik]
Tommy and Eric are always pushing Paul & Gene to throw more "album cuts," and fan favorites into the set list. Tommy is still a huge fan of the band, and Eric was a fan back in the 70's, so they really get what the fans would like to see the band play.

Man that would be nice, speaking for myself i really could live without hearing "Detroit rock city", or "Rock and Roll all night" ever again, being more of an 80's era kiss fan i personally would love more album cuts especially from "Lick it up" or "Animalize".

Also being a native detroiter, i remember that 96 reunion show at old tiger stadium, detroit was going crazy that night, man i would love to have that complete show maybe with some bits and pieces leading up to the show that day and some after show stuff on the third set.
Old 08-16-07, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=johnbook]
Originally Posted by B5Erik
Man that would be nice, speaking for myself i really could live without hearing "Detroit rock city", or "Rock and Roll all night" ever again, being more of an 80's era kiss fan i personally would love more album cuts especially from "Lick it up" or "Animalize".
Well I could live w/o hearing those two songs anymore also, but we certainly don't need to hear anything off "Lick It Up" or "Animalize".

I'd rather hear songs like "Coming Home", "Got To Choose", "Mainline", "Kissin' Time", "Flaming Youth", "Sweet Pain", etc...