Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

HBO's Hard Knocks returns- Premeires 8/8/07

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HBO's Hard Knocks returns- Premeires 8/8/07

Hard Knocks, an HBO docu-reality series that gives football fans behind-the-scenes access to the training camp of an NFL team, will return for a third season on Wednesday, August 8 at 9PM ET/PT. The Kansas City Chiefs will serve as the subject of Hard Knocks' third installment, which comes five years after a Summer 2002 edition that followed the Dallas Cowboys and six years after an initial Summer 2001 edition that followed the then-defending Superbowl champion Baltimore Ravens. "Hard Knocks is the most requested HBO sports show that we've ever had," HBO Sports senior vice president Dave Harmon told reporters during a press conference announcing the show's return. "It hasn't been on for a couple of seasons because we haven't found the right mix of teams and situations, but we feel like we have the right mix right now."
Glad to see this show is back, loved the previous seasons.
Old 08-08-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Never watched an episode, but will be tuning into this. Will it be in HD?
Old 08-08-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep its in HD.
Old 08-08-07, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thank god.... this was a great series and i am happy to see it back...
Old 08-08-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
I don't have cable so I won't get to watch it, but most of the drama and the show will probably revolve around Larry Johnson being a holdout at training camp.
Old 08-08-07, 06:31 PM

"It hasn't been on for a couple of seasons because we haven't found the right mix of teams and situations, but we feel like we have the right mix right now."
So they were waiting for a boring coach like Herm Edwards to come around? With a boring team without a single personality in camp?

I'm just holding out hope that we get to see some intern teaching Herm about clock management.
Old 08-08-07, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Never seen or heard of it. But thanks to this thread it WILL be season passed. Thanks!
Old 08-09-07, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Terps54423
So they were waiting for a boring coach like Herm Edwards to come around? With a boring team without a single personality in camp?
I think that statement is a bit of a spin on HBO's part. As I recall at the time, when it became apparent there would be no season 3. HBO said that they would love to continue doing the show but they simply couldn't find any more teams that would agree to do it

Last edited by Thrush; 08-09-07 at 12:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-11-07, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
This is news to me. I'm a big Chief fan (though I would have loved to see Dick Vermeil instead of Herm). my guess would be that the big stars will be Priest Holmes trying his comeback and Carl Peterson plastering on a brave face in the light of LJ's damaging holdout. Did this air already? I have to check on-demand tomorrow.
Old 08-12-07, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
This is news to me. I'm a big Chief fan (though I would have loved to see Dick Vermeil instead of Herm). my guess would be that the big stars will be Priest Holmes trying his comeback and Carl Peterson plastering on a brave face in the light of LJ's damaging holdout. Did this air already? I have to check on-demand tomorrow.
Caught the first epi, and yeah, Priest is taking a big role, as well as Gonzalez, and of course Herm. They also deal with the holdouts of Bowe and LJ. It looks like it'll be an interesting season 3.

I'm particularly interested in the fact that Kyle Turley has a seemingly large role. I knew they signed him, but since he was playing smaller last year attempting a comeback as a TE, I had no idea he had nearly solidified a starting RT job again. I fell out of favor with the guy at the end of his run with New Orleans, but they deal with his biggest claim to fame regarding his meltdown vs. the Jets a few years back. It was one of the fairest re-tellings of the story given that most simply ignored the fact that he reacted the way he did because his QB was getting beheaded out of the refs' view in a far cheaper move than he was disciplined for.
Old 08-13-07, 04:43 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

This is not meant to be a racist statement by any means ...

Watching the 1st installment, I was flabbergasted by the fact that this team has a larger percentage of African Americans than an average NBA team.

When did the NFL get so 'African - American' dominated ?
Old 09-02-07, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The first two episodes it was F this and GD that. Now on the third episode they bleep everything out. Why? I thought HBO let it all hang out.
Old 09-02-07, 09:16 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kantonburg
The first two episodes it was F this and GD that. Now on the third episode they bleep everything out. Why? I thought HBO let it all hang out.
Hmmm...I don't recall which ep it was, but I think it was the most recent one, Gunther Cunningham was swearing up a storm and they didn't bleep it out.
Old 09-05-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I'm watcing it tonight and nothing is bleeped out. It was the third episode where it was bleeped out.
Old 09-05-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Tank and Turk should have their own reality show.

das
Old 09-06-07, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm guessing this is the last episode for the season? I always enjoys these, including the Jacksonville Jaguars one which I guess wasn't really a 'Hard Knocks' version since it was on the NFL Network. Plus I can't give over this, even weeks later:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NaCtOl0o0Hc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NaCtOl0o0Hc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 09-04-08, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts
maybe it depends what time of the day the show airs

maybe if they show it around 12pm they edit the shows