Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rescue Me 7/25/07

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-07, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rescue Me 7/25/07

I thought tonight's episode was pretty good.

The subplot with the new chief=

So far I like the new probie. Seems like there is a lot of material for the writers to get out of him. I don't know about anyone else but Tommy's family scenes are really the worst part of the show for me. The kid doesn't even have a name yet? Sheila thinks they should just give her the baby? WTF? I'd much rather see the guys in the firehouse joking around because that always cracks me up.
Old 07-25-07, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Although I saw the subplot with Lou's cousin coming from the proverbial "mile away," it was still rather funny.

As was the situation with Leslie... Paint... G-Money... Downtown... Matches... Err, Zippo.

I do have to agree that the turmoil with the new child and Janet is pulling the show in a rather disheartening direction. I have faith, however, that they will manage to bring everything back around.

That having been said, it is still one of the more enjoyable shows on television. Period.
Old 07-26-07, 12:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
poor lou, cant he catch a break?
Old 07-26-07, 12:21 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Yeah, I don't think it's much of a coincidence that the best episode of the season had very little Janet in it.

I loved the reaction when Zippo told them he ran away from the fire
Old 07-26-07, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Taint. Zippo. That was painful to watch because you knew what was coming.

Wow - Artie Lange is really really fat.
Old 07-26-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Who the fuck would use a zippo as a light source - the guy doesn't even smoke. There's no one home, so why wouldn't he just flip the light-switch? Lame!
Old 07-26-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
Who the fuck would use a zippo as a light source - the guy doesn't even smoke. There's no one home, so why wouldn't he just flip the light-switch? Lame!
Oh, come on, this is Zippo we're talking about here. Why wouldn't he just flip the light switch? Because, as you said, there's no one home, though not in the way you meant.

I loved the fact that he was so panicked that just about every reaction he had was the exact opposite of how a fireman should react in that situation.
Old 07-26-07, 02:14 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked the line-up whenever anyone said "Hey, Dummy".
Old 07-26-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Taint. Zippo. That was painful to watch because you knew what was coming.

Wow - Artie Lange is really really fat.
Yup, but still really really funny. Walking over a sprawled out Lou while he was naked was just great. "oh, that was unnecessary".
Old 07-26-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good episode, definately above average for this season. Not a spoiler, but from the preview next week seems to offer some of the pay offs we've been waiting for.
Old 07-27-07, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
Yup, but still really really funny. Walking over a sprawled out Lou while he was naked was just great. "oh, that was unnecessary".
That whole scene had me
Old 07-27-07, 06:53 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
worst episode of the season for me...

I really hope Janet puts a bullet in her head soon... (while wearing skimpy panties of course).
Old 07-27-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Yes, the whole (way) post-partum depression thing is really dragging the show way down for me. Makes Tommy look like even mor a jerk too, with her laying there drinking wine nonstop, not moving all day, not getting dressed, staring at the TV, and he says he's going out with the guys and that she should really shower up? VERY nice.
Old 07-27-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TruGator
I thought tonight's episode was pretty good.

The subplot with the new chief=

So far I like the new probie. Seems like there is a lot of material for the writers to get out of him. I don't know about anyone else but Tommy's family scenes are really the worst part of the show for me. The kid doesn't even have a name yet? Sheila thinks they should just give her the baby? WTF? I'd much rather see the guys in the firehouse joking around because that always cracks me up.
Agreed. I can't believe they haven't named the baby yet.
Old 07-27-07, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This season is just missing a certain spark that the last three seasons had. I don't know, the layer of melacholy and Tommy's rampant alchoholism over the first two seasons, and the tension between his brother and him in the third... There just doesn't seem like there's much at stake this season. These characters are just living their lives. There's no real drama. I guarantee you the fire that G-Money started and ran away from will be a 2-5 minute blurb in next weeks episode and thats it. There are no real-life repercussions in any of these situations.

And I really hope Nona comes back. We never got to see her in anything skimpier than her FDNY outfit, and we just gotta see what she's packin.
Old 07-27-07, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
God damn this season is going nowhere fast. It's like Leary & Tolan are completely out of ideas.
Old 07-27-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981
God damn this season is going nowhere fast. It's like Leary & Tolan are completely out of ideas.
I totally agree. I commented in a recent thread that this was one show that never had any lulls or downtimes in its run. I spoke too soon.