Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Contract HD-DVD $15.87 Walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5893191
Old 07-25-07, 01:15 AM

thanks!!
Old 07-25-07, 05:23 AM

Thanx for the deal! I also selected the Walmart option of "Site to Store" which provides FREE shipping to the local Walmart where I will have to retreive the purchased item. It saves me $2.37 in shipping costs by not sending the HD-DVD to my home. Before this order, I never heard of "Site to Store." Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with this delivery option? In addition, there was state sales tax on this purchase.

Last edited by oldchuckles; 07-25-07 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-25-07, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was wondering when someone would post this. It has been this way for about, say, 4 months or longer?

And to give credit where it is due, dvdpricesearch.com is where I am sure you found out about it.
Old 07-25-07, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
I was wondering when someone would post this. It has been this way for about, say, 4 months or longer?

Wal-mart had this posted on their website 4 months before the DVD was even released????
Old 07-25-07, 01:13 PM
Suspended

And to give credit where it is due, dvdpricesearch.com is where I am sure you found out about it.
Sadly no I've never been to dvdpricesearch.com. But thanks for giving me a new site to checkout. I mainly look at Walmart and Frys online for HD prices.
Old 07-25-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by head dvd nut
Wal-mart had this posted on their website 4 months before the DVD was even released????
I don't know exactly how long, but it has been a while. I mean it is pretty common to have preorders.
Old 07-25-07, 01:54 PM

Just thought you guys might be interested to know in case you have a Fry's near you, in the ad today in Sacto, Ca. They have the HD version on sale for $12.99, while the regular dvd is like $15.99. Just an FYI in case you have a fry's nearby.
Old 07-25-07, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I posted this deal a while back in the HD software bargains thread where it belongs.
Old 07-25-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by head dvd nut
Yup! They didn't have a picture though. The price for the HD was about 12 dollars cheaper than the regular dvd.

It is called Pre-order!

Originally Posted by Overpar
I posted this deal a while back in the HD software bargains thread where it belongs.

Originally Posted by bigt7117
Sadly no I've never been to dvdpricesearch.com. But thanks for giving me a new site to checkout. I mainly look at Walmart and Frys online for HD prices.
Glad to help!
Old 07-25-07, 08:48 PM

It is called Pre-order!

I know what pre-orders are! It's just that you don't normally see one out there 4 months ahead of time on a movie, that quite frankly, I don't even know whether or not it ever saw the inside of a theater!!(some websites even stated that it was a Straight to Video).

I'm not doubting your word that it was posted on wal-marts website that long ago; I'm just stating that it is a little unusual. I guess since it didn't make it to the theatre, this movie was going to need all of the advance publicity it could get before the DVD release. And according to some of the reviews that I read, I don't think that's going to help!