DVD Talk
Rory Cochrane returning to CSI: Miami [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rory Cochrane returning to CSI: Miami

gjamesm
07-22-07, 09:50 PM
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Exclusive-Csi-Miami/800019076

Ausiello Report
Scoop: CSI: Miami Exhumes Rory Cochrane
"I'm not quite sure how they're going to pull this off, but sources confirm that Rory Cochrane is returning to CSI: Miami this fall three years after his character was fatally shot in the line of duty.

Cochrane who asked to be released from his contract back in the summer of 2004 because "he couldn't really handle the grind anymore" will appear in multiple episodes, beginning with this season's second. It's not clear, however, if he'll be reprising his role as presumed-dead criminalist Tim Speedle or playing a brand new character. Tim's evil twin, perhaps?

Which option would you prefer, Miami fans? And more importantly, does Cochrane's return qualify as a good thing? Sound off below!"

cdollaz
07-22-07, 09:52 PM
A ghost. That sounds like a natural progression for this show.

Deftones
07-22-07, 09:58 PM
He screwed himself big time for leaving. He'd be making bank, and he'd have all the syndication money flowing in.

My guess is, he'll not be playing the same character as he did in the show previously.

Geofferson
07-22-07, 10:08 PM
Perhaps he'll be appearing in flashbacks...who knows...?

ChrisHicks
07-22-07, 10:21 PM
Perhaps he'll be appearing in flashbacks...who knows...?

that's my guess as well. they'll end up with some new case that ties in with some old case he worked on.

Dignam
07-22-07, 11:26 PM
I read about this last week, I can't believe it. He died! At least they're not really bringing him back to life and pretending it never happened..

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3415/newspaper2wv1.jpg

-popcorn-

TheMovieman
07-23-07, 12:24 AM
"CSI: The Frighteners" :lol:

Patman
07-23-07, 01:05 AM
I would totally watch that with a bucket of popcorn in tow every week.

Decker
07-23-07, 02:20 AM
It's not clear, however, if he'll be reprising his role as presumed-dead criminalist Tim Speedle or playing a brand new character. Tim's evil twin, perhaps?

When your character is autopsied on camera, you're not "presumed dead", you are dead.

Then again, maybe Kim Delaney will be shown in the opener waking up from a five-year dream...

nateman
07-23-07, 09:53 AM
I can't wait to see how David Caruso will beat last years should be, Emmy Nominated performance standing their for 20 minutes then taking his sunglasses off. :cool:
I don't know why I continue to watch CSI: Miami, season after season but I do & I always know that I'm in for some good ole' mediocre television. I'd love too see him brought back from the dead. It would make for some actually good storylines for CSI: Miami.

Decker
07-23-07, 10:09 AM
I can't wait to see how David Caruso will beat last years should be, Emmy Nominated performance standing their for 20 minutes then taking his sunglasses off. :cool:
I don't know why I continue to watch CSI: Miami, season after season but I do & I always know that I'm in for some good ole' mediocre television. [/I].
As good a time as any to bring back the endless Horatio one-liner montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948

Nick Martin
07-23-07, 11:39 AM
I....liked Jim Carrey's Letterman appearance.
He did several takes of Horatio...and they were pretty good.

BDB
07-23-07, 12:40 PM
I missed speedle, this could be fun! As long as they get rid of Wolff

DVDMagic
07-24-07, 05:30 PM
Never watched the show until I started watching it from scratch on DVD's from Netflix starting at the beginning.

I knew that Spoeed was killed off because someone I work with watches the show and let it slip, but that's ok.

It'll be interesting to see what will happen and what exactly his character will be. Since I haven't seen the episode he was killed off in, I'm guessing it was definitely proven he was dead - I'm sure there was an autopsy LOL

I'm guessing flashbacks too.

It's just one of those shows that I just can't help but enjoy - I know there's a fair few who would disagree.

LorenzoL
07-24-07, 07:09 PM
A network spokesperson has indicated that Speedle won't be back via flashbacks therefore my guess is that he will be seen via some kind of "dream" sequence.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20070723/en_tv_eo/9fc146394209_4be4_8247_b8ef92c82f3f

aintnosin
07-25-07, 03:45 PM
Alternative theory: The big villain this season is a Haitian drug lord and Speedle is his re-animated zombie henchman. :D

jjcool
07-25-07, 05:36 PM
I don't know why I continue to watch CSI: Miami, season after season but I do & I always know that I'm in for some good ole' mediocre television.

It takes place in Miami, so there i salways gonna be some good tits and ass on the show. I look at it as sorta Baywatch with cops.
And there you have it.

nateman
07-26-07, 08:38 AM
^^^ :lol: Good way to put things into perspective :thumbsup:
I wish Jack Lord was still alive & he could have had a special guest starring role on the show playing his legendary Steve McGarrett from Hawaii Five-O & could face-off against Horatio in the ultimate whos cooler match :cool: . IMO, Steve McGarett would win hands-down. It would be cool if James MacArthur guest starred on CSI: Miami for an episode or two in the next couple of seasons.

riley_dude
07-26-07, 08:36 PM
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Exclusive-Csi-Miami/800019076

Ausiello Report
Scoop: CSI: Miami Exhumes Rory Cochrane
"I'm not quite sure how they're going to pull this off, but sources confirm that Rory Cochrane is returning to CSI: Miami this fall three years after his character was fatally shot in the line of duty.

Cochrane who asked to be released from his contract back in the summer of 2004 because "he couldn't really handle the grind anymore" will appear in multiple episodes, beginning with this season's second. It's not clear, however, if he'll be reprising his role as presumed-dead criminalist Tim Speedle or playing a brand new character. Tim's evil twin, perhaps?

Which option would you prefer, Miami fans? And more importantly, does Cochrane's return qualify as a good thing? Sound off below!"

Don't you think Caruso could have given some advice to not leave a hit show to move on to bigger and better things???

fuzzbox
07-27-07, 09:42 AM
Ok, I'm bamboozled. That "newspaper clipping" is clearly a joke, but there's also a link to a yahoo article above that seems genuine.

So, is Speedle coming back?

-jason

-And I agree, of all people on the CSIs, you'd think the ones working with Caruso would know better than anyone about the "bird in the hand" concept of not leaving a profitable franchise, no matter how shitty the writing and plot devices are...

shanester
07-28-07, 02:38 PM
The only reason the watch this show is because it's the best looking show in HD in primetime. Those aireal shots of Miami or L.A or wherever they film this thing are beautiful to watch. Plus Caruso's "over acting" is a kicker :lol:

shanester
07-28-07, 02:42 PM
^^^ :lol: Good way to put things into perspective :thumbsup:
I wish Jack Lord was still alive & he could have had a special guest starring role on the show playing his legendary Steve McGarrett from Hawaii Five-O & could face-off against Horatio in the ultimate whos cooler match :cool: . IMO, Steve McGarett would win hands-down. It would be cool if James MacArthur guest starred on CSI: Miami for an episode or two in the next couple of seasons.

Agreed McGarett was the coolest cop ever! + his show had one of the best opening sequences and theme songs of all time. (cue dancing hula girl in the bar)

Mcgarett's Elvis hair is no match for Caruso's sun glasses :D

Nick Martin
07-28-07, 06:21 PM
Cochrane is doing just fine and didn't leave because of ego, so there's no comparison between his leaving Miami and David Caruso leaving NYPD Blue.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0