Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

All U.S. customers - $5 off $30 Yesasia coupon, through July 31st

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since some of my recent posts have been a little grumpy, I thought I'd spread a little sunshine (before I get too crabby as a result of the Red Sox starting to suck)....

I stumbled across this Yesasia coupon courtesy of a person by the screenname of luc & a site by the name of aznconcerts.blogspot.com (and credit also to koreanfilm.org). The coupon seems available only to U.S. customers (both current and new customers).

In celebration of Independence Day on July 4, we are offering customers in the US a special US$5 off coupon.
Simply enter the coupon code "US" during the checkout process, and you will save US$5 off any purchase over US$30. This coupon expires July 31, 2007.
Note: a free shipping option is available for orders over $25.

Enjoy!
Old 07-20-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And for what it's worth, following on the recents posts by toddly6666, logboy, and slop101, I'm leaning towards the purchase of the English-friendly, R2 Japan DVD for the anime film Mind Game (aka Mindgame) (2004)....$39.xx after coupon.
Old 07-20-07, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks! I may use it and pick up the second volume of Jumong...or a film if there's any recommendations.
Old 07-20-07, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jumong volume 3 has already shipped out in July 4th... Their release date is wrong...they tend to ship it 3 week ahead for Jumong series....my favorite show right now.

Originally Posted by Nth Power
Thanks! I may use it and pick up the second volume of Jumong...or a film if there's any recommendations.
Old 07-20-07, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Much appreciated!
Old 07-20-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
$5 off $30 from YesAsia is always a good thing.
Old 07-23-07, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I want to take advantage of the discount and was thinking about picking up Bullet in the Head (Ultimate Edition) and a couple of other Woo films, The Killer and A Better Tomorrow. Can someone please tell me, which the definitive editions of these films are? I checked dvdbeaver to no avail. Thanks!
Old 07-23-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FLIXTIME,
$39 is a bargain for MIND GAME. If I knew how much I would have liked this film, I would have been happy to pay $60 for a bare-bones DVD of this movie. (I actually ended up spending about $80 searching for a good quality dvd version of BATTLE ROYALE, finally settling on the UK NTSC DD 5.1 version after owning two crappy previous versions, and I'm not the type of person that buys the same movie with the different edition marketing scheme ploy)
Old 07-23-07, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Engel07
Jumong volume 3 has already shipped out in July 4th... Their release date is wrong...they tend to ship it 3 week ahead for Jumong series....my favorite show right now.
Is Jumong that good? Yesasia sent me a sampler with the first 3 episodes but I haven't watched it yet. And I've seen the forum reviews here for vol. 1 and 2. so I'm curious.
Old 07-23-07, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
I want to take advantage of the discount and was thinking about picking up Bullet in the Head (Ultimate Edition) and a couple of other Woo films, The Killer and A Better Tomorrow. Can someone please tell me, which the definitive editions of these films are? I checked dvdbeaver to no avail. Thanks!
You should check out dvdcompare.net . No screen captures like DVDBeaver but still very useful.
Old 07-23-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dleedlee
Is Jumong that good? Yesasia sent me a sampler with the first 3 episodes but I haven't watched it yet. And I've seen the forum reviews here for vol. 1 and 2. so I'm curious.
I'm almost finished with the first volume and I love it. I would watch the sampler and see if it's your thing since the sets are a little pricey.
Old 07-24-07, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nth Power
I'm almost finished with the first volume and I love it. I would watch the sampler and see if it's your thing since the sets are a little pricey.
Yeah, I know. But I'm afraid that I WILL like it. Four pricey volumes.
Old 07-25-07, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Equilibrium HD for about $39.xx for anyone interested!
Old 07-25-07, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Major thanx, Flixtime!!
And very, very timely, too!
Old 08-02-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by dleedlee
I'm a big fan of Korean dramas with english subtitles especially the historical ones. I am fortunate because I get to see these dramas like Jumong on our local TV channels. I really liked Jumong so much when it aired here. I beleive it was 81-82 episodes in length. Since I can watch these ahead of time before they come out on dvd I have time to make up my mind if I want to buy these on dvd. Over here in Hawaii these Korean drama dvd boxsets from YA Entertaiment can be had for $49-$59 each. Costco is where I been picking up the Jumong dvd box sets for $49 each.