Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Pan Nalin's VALLEY OF FLOWERS DVD now available at Ethaicd!

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 07-16-07, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The VALLEY OF FLOWERS DVD is now available to buy at Ethaicd.com.

I received the DVD yesterday, and it's very good! If you liked Nalin's SAMSARA, this movie is similar and more exciting. It's literally a Buddhist Western/love story (It's like a cross between Seripham Falls and The Fountain)! It's definitely one of the best filmed movies I've seen all year, with one of the best looking actresses I've seen in a long time (the one on the cover, whom is half Chinese/half French). Both are spiritual-related flicks with sex and some violence - while Samsara is the deeper slower movie, Valley of Flowers is the more intense, exciting adventure one. Nalin is a master writer/director and is an expert at filming beauty. The acting is great, especially by the two on the DVD cover. If you want to see a new kind of "thief" movie, this is for you - they ain't just robbing the bank here. They want "something" more than just the money in the bank. And now, I'll say no more...

You can find the trailer at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0392883/, but it's best not reading too much about the movie. If you are interested in Buddhist/Tibeten/Karma mysticism, then this movie is for you. And if you like this movie, then I recommend you buying SAMSARA on DVD as well.

The Thai DVD is Anamorphic widescreen, the original Hindi/Japanese DD 5.1 (and Thai DD 5.1 dub), and English subtitles.

FILM: 8
DVD VIDEO: 8
DVD AUDIO: 8
EXTRAS: just a trailer and photo gallery
Old 07-16-07, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been curious to read your thoughts on this film after I saw that you had purchased it in the other thread (nice job spotting the DVD release as I had missed it). The DVD is the shorter approx. two hour cut of the film, right? I checked around some sites for the runtime and it looked like the Thai disc was the shorter cut. I think there was initially a longer cut of two and a half hours (but I don't know if that will ever see the light of day...don't know that it won't either). Anyway, it's cheap enough to get now (and no digital censorship issues so that's good) and worry about the longer cut later if it ever makes it out on DVD.
Old 07-16-07, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FLIXTIME,
According to the DVD cover, it's 116 minutes, a very entertaining quick-paced 116 minutes, even watched the movie between midnight and 3 AM last night, without falling asleep as I usually do whenever I watch a DVD after 10 pm.
It's possible that there is a longer cut, because the second part of the movie seemed shorter than the first part, but either way, this is all that we are gonna get on DVD!
I think you will like the movie, either way, you can't lose at Ethaicd.com with their 10 dollar DVDs including shipping (which is super fast shipping whenever I order from them).
Old 07-16-07, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks toddly6666, I'll be placing an order for the Thai DVD ASAP....looking forward to watching this one.
Old 07-16-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the recommendation toddly666. Sounds great and I've been looking for something new to pick up.
Old 07-18-07, 07:37 AM

subtitles..

Hi!!
I have already download this movie but I can't find English subtitles!Does anyone know where I can find them??
Old 08-26-07, 09:32 PM

A beautiful story and breath taking Himalaya shots accompany this movie. I also agree on the acting and the stunning female lead.

Alas, the video was less than stellar negating the beautiful scenery - Watching it on my LCD and enhanced to 1080p, many faults in the print exists including random blurriness of the image and ghosting. Nevetheless, an interesting film. I will look for Samsara next.