John From Cincinnati - "His Visit: Day Five" - 7/15/07

Old 07-15-07, 12:51 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
John From Cincinnati - "His Visit: Day Five" - 7/15/07

"His Visit: Day Five"
Spoiler:
Butchie orchestrates a reunion between Shaun and Tina; John helps Bill and Cissy face up to their pasts.
Old 07-15-07, 08:05 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome.
Old 07-15-07, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think my brain melted trying to process the last 15 minutes.
Old 07-15-07, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What...the...fuck.

I have no idea what just happened, but I think I liked it. Kinda like the last 45 minutes of Mulholland Drive.

And my heart skipped a beat when Trixie showed up. So great to see her back, if only for a second.
Old 07-15-07, 08:55 PM

You're not alone. What the heck was that?
Old 07-15-07, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
What...the...fuck.

I have no idea what just happened, but I think I liked it. Kinda like the last 45 minutes of Mulholland Drive.

And my heart skipped a beat when Trixie showed up. So great to see her back, if only for a second.
Agreed...I think...
Old 07-15-07, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
What...the...fuck.

"Well...that was time well spent."

Absolutely love the David Lynch-ian vibe to this show! It works here.
Old 07-15-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This episode was like the scene in Pulp Fiction where Jules asks, "What does Marcellus Wallace look like to you?" I just kept saying, "What?"
Old 07-15-07, 09:52 PM
Suspended

I always watch this with CC on, I don't think I've ever rewound a show more times while watching to at least TRY and figure out WHAT. THE. FUCK. Was going on...

But I agree, I think I liked it. And I know I liked seeing Trixie again, and laughed out loud at the appearance of yet another Deadwood alum. I'm gonna shit my pants when Al shows up.

And next week, we get to see
Spoiler:
Zach Morris!
Old 07-15-07, 09:58 PM
Suspended

So...does anybody want to even BEGIN to explain what they thought that was?

The only thing I'm sure of is Cissy seriously warped Butchie and herself by jerking him off during an acid induced trip.

The whole time John was giving his speech at the motel, after it was dark out all of a sudden-like, I was thinking "why the hell is everybody just sitting around with (apparently?) a dead guy sitting there?" Then it turns out something more was going on...obviously.
Old 07-15-07, 10:02 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Bizarre episode for sure...was captivated by it entirely.
Old 07-16-07, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by skatefan20
"Well...that was time well spent."
And then the light comes on.

Loved this episode, really ties together a lot of the John quotes from the series so far.
Old 07-16-07, 12:35 AM
Banned

Of course, this is about the same time that HBO will probably decide to bail and leave us all hanging now that we're invested and interested...come on, I dare you.
Old 07-16-07, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
The only things I am sure of now is that John from Cincinatti is Jesus Christ, and Cissy molested Butchy which explains a lot. Other than that I really have no idea.
Old 07-16-07, 09:30 AM

The important thing is that I was able to sit in front of my tv for an hour. I did like John producing the remains of whatever has been haunting the lottery winner motel owner.
Old 07-16-07, 09:33 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shipwreck
I did like John producing the remains of whatever has been haunting the lottery winner motel owner.
How fucked was that?!? But that must've been one of the things that nobody actually saw/remembered, eh?

And do dead guys actually look gray like that after rotting for who knows how long?
Old 07-16-07, 10:09 AM

crazy
Old 07-16-07, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched it, but didn't have my full attention on the episoded. I'm going to rewatch it and try to make some sense of it. I know John laid out a lot of information and I want to make sure I can decipher it.
Old 07-16-07, 12:37 PM

how about mr. wu
Old 07-16-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's the complete text of John's speech.

Originally Posted by John Monad
"If my words are yours, can you hear my Father? Can Bill know my Father, keeping his eye on me? Can I bone Kai and Butchie know my Father instead?

"My Father's shy doing his business. Kai helps my Father dump out. Bill takes a shot. Shaunie is much improved.

"Joe is a Doubting Thomas. Joe will save Not-Aleman. Joe will bring his buddies home. This is how Freddy relaxes. Cup-o'joe, and Winchell's variety dozen.

"Mitch catches a good wave. Mitch wipes out. Mitch wipes out Cissy. Cissy shows Butchie how to do that. Cissy wipes Butchie out. Butchie hurts Barry's head. Mister Rollins comes in Barry's face. My Father runs the Mega-Millions.

"Fur is big. Mud is big. The stick is big. The word is big. Fire is huge. The wheel is huge. The line and circle are big. On the wall, the line and circle are huge. On the wall, the man at the wall makes a man from the circle and line. The man at the wall makes a Word on the wall from the circle and line. The Word on the wall hears my Father.

"The zeroes and ones make the Word in Cass's camera. In the Word on the wall that hears my-Father-in-Cass's-camera, the good one Mitch catches doesn't wipe Cissy out. In the-Word-that-hears-my-Father, Cissy shows Butchie something else. In-my-Father's-Word, Cissy shows Butchie in Shaun. In-my-Father's-Word, Tina raises Shaun at lunch. In Cass's-camera, Butchie lays the court out for Barry, and Mister Rollins watches, and he doesn't come on Barry's face. In Cass's-camera, Butchie knows Kai kept the faith. In-my-Father's-Word, the Wave lifts them up.

"In Cass's camera, Bill doesn't bump his head on the stairs. In Cass's-camera, as long as he's being stupid, Bill gives Lois a kiss.

"In His-Word-in-Cass's-camera, the Internet is big. Nine-Eleven is big, but not every towel-head is eradicated. In His-Word, We are coming Nine-Eleven-Fourteen.

"In my-Father's-Word, Bill sees how Freddy relaxes. In Cass's-camera, Ramon wants to know who's hungry, in the courtyard and Room Forty-Five.

"In my-Father's-Word-to-come-in-Cass's-camera, Doctor Smith calls Ocean Properties. In Cass's-camera-to-come, my Father stares Not Aleman down, and Freddy sees Bill much-improved.

"You will not note my-Father's-Word, nor remember Cass's-camera, but you will not forget what we did here."
I don't know what it means, except it supports the theory that John is Jesus -- he refers to Vietnam Joe as Doubting Thomas, and all this "my Father" stuff sounds very Biblical. Though note that line about Kai helping his Father "dump out" implying that the Dream-John is the Son and Real-John is the Father, even though it seems more like Real-John is the Son and Dream-John is the Holy Ghost.
Old 07-16-07, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think John meant that Cissy molested Butchie like some people seem to think. I think John means Cissy got Butchie hooked on drugs because he saw her do drugs when he was younger.

What or who is Not-Aleman?
Old 07-16-07, 06:57 PM
Suspended

Is Rollins the dead guy from the motel room that came on Barry's face?

John says "My Father runs the Mega-Millions." Is this maybe saying Barry won the lotto as some sort of payment for the crap he went through?

"In Cass's camera, Bill doesn't bump his head on the stairs." Bill never hit his head on the stairs, as far as we know, did he? It was just his wife I thought? Were the stairs he was on in the "dream" actually at the motel? Or were they just placed there in the dream?
Old 07-16-07, 07:09 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by joefrog91
What or who is Not-Aleman?
I couldn't really find anything on Aleman, but realized most of the Google results were Spanish...turns out Aleman is Spanish for "German," Alemania is "Germany."

So not-German?

The 2nd time John said "not Aleman," it showed a closeup of the guy standing next to Vietnam Joe - who was that? (he had on chains and a bandanna)

Then towards the end of his speech, it shows Mitch, Butchie, Shaun, Tina, and Cissy are standing behind Butchie and Kai (and dead guy). What's that about?

Last edited by aktick; 07-16-07 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-17-07, 02:00 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by joefrog91
I don't think John meant that Cissy molested Butchie like some people seem to think. I think John means Cissy got Butchie hooked on drugs because he saw her do drugs when he was younger.
On the HBO site one of the writers in their blog about the episode said Cissy really did jerk him off.

"You hurt my feelings gram, you did"

That may have been the worst delivery of a line in television history.

Besides the guy that was next to Joe, right before that the doctor was standing with someone I don't think we've seen either. I'll post some screen caps.

Last edited by MrX; 07-17-07 at 02:15 AM.
Old 07-17-07, 02:29 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

According to IMDB

Spoiler:
The character in the first picture is named Dwayne and this is the only episode he has a credit for.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.