Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Astronaut Farmer'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-07, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Don Houston's DVD review of The Astronaut Farmer at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=29022 and...that could quite possibly be your BEST review ever. I love the way you wove your words!

Never have I seen such a film!

Even given *my* ability to embrace fantasy, and shun reality it was a red letter example of lame.

I know co-dependency and THAT was IT in a celluloid nutshell!

Any self-respecting woman would of kicked his sorry butt out the door in the first scene! He must of been great in bed is all I can say!
Old 07-14-07, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now I know this wasn't the greatest movie of all-time or anything (far, far, far from it) but I didn't think it was all that horrible.

I think it's alright for people who have children (which I do not) & want to watch a movie that isn't going too turn them into a bunch of swearing hicks' (of course on guy said "No Shittin'") & at least we actually got to see him go into space. I didn't think we would considering that they only had a budget of around $16,000,000.
It was nice too see Bruce Willis in the movie & he probally got payed more for his small part than Thornton & Madsen paycheck put together.
It was nice to see Jon Gries from The Pretender as well & there were some not to bad moments in the movie with the exeption of the generic kids.

One huge flaw in the movie was that it only took him about 10 seconds for him to get into space & he got back to earth in a pretty quick as well.

All in all I wouldn't say it was a great movie, or even a good movie for that matter but it wasn't a big pile of sentimental shit as I thought it was going to be & it wasn't the worst DVD "Blind Buy" ever, but it most definitely wasn't the best either.
Old 07-14-07, 03:37 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I really wanted to nitpick the movie, I'd have had to disclose too many spoilers but it struck me more as a TV movie of the week experience than something I'd spend money on. As a reviewer, I get free movies but I'd hate to convince someone to drop hard earned dough on a title like this one but Nateman is right that there are worse movies around too.