Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone seen Isolation?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Anyone seen Isolation?

Old 07-12-07, 09:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone seen Isolation?

I just rented this and while it seems to be getting a lot of good reviews/write-ups from various places (IMDB and Netflix for example) I thought it was pretty silly myself and had to turn it off
Spoiler:
about the time they get the tractor stuck in the water/muck
I was curious as to what people here thought about it and whether or not there was more to it that I'm just missing/not getting? For the record I usually like thriller/creepy movies, not so much into gore but I'll watch them occasionally. I also usually don't mind the occasional "B" level movie, but this was just... I mean come on, killer mutant bovines
Old 07-12-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts
Nope you didn't miss anything it was as bad as you thought... and gets worse after you quite watching... The creature is a joke and just poorly done overall.
Old 07-12-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee, I felt the opposite. To me, it was one of the strongest movies of this type I've seen in some time. The atmosphere and overwhelming bleakness are right up my alley, and it honestly comes off as the best example of a spiritual successor to Carpenter's Thing.