Huge Deal on NFL Super Bowl I-XL DVD Set

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 07-09-07, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a huge deal!

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/produ...e=pricegrabber

Not only does it retail for $149.99, but most place this set costs $100 or more.
Old 07-09-07, 02:38 PM

Having found this in the 20-30 dollar range on eBay, I'd say this isn't quite as huge a deal as you're advertising, but thanks.
Old 07-09-07, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MikeDeN2K
Having found this in the 20-30 dollar range on eBay, I'd say this isn't quite as huge a deal as you're advertising, but thanks.
You sure about that? A quick search reveals some NFL sets in that range but not I - XL. That one seems to be running $80 or so w/high shipping.

Agreed that this isn't HUGE but certainly a warm deal...
Old 07-09-07, 03:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ebay (shipping not included):
XXXI - XL = $20
XXI - XXX = $30
I - XXX = $59
I - XL = $80

Current deal at family video: I - XL = 69.99 + 99 cent shipping. Saves about $20-25 on average for the product if you add shipping to the ebay order(which is around an additional $15).
Old 07-09-07, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
There was a deal a couple years abck from Time-Life, and it was like 30$ for the entire series.
Old 07-09-07, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
There was a deal a couple years abck from Time-Life, and it was like 30$ for the entire series.
That would be the sale discussed in this thread:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....ght=super+bowl

...also, that sale was only for the first three volumes (I-X, XI-XX, XXI-XXX) which were separate releases, and since then, the latest set was released (XXXI-XL). For those that want one box (versus four boxes), the set on sale in this thread is the way to go.

Last edited by tofferman; 07-09-07 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-10-07, 08:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tofferman
That would be the sale discussed in this thread:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....ght=super+bowl

...also, that sale was only for the first three volumes (I-X, XI-XX, XXI-XXX) which were separate releases, and since then, the latest set was released (XXXI-XL). For those that want one box (versus four boxes), the set on sale in this thread is the way to go.

Yea, I got the first three sets in the Time Life deal from back then for $10 each. Would like to have XXXI-XL also, but I'll wait until I can find it by itself for cheap.
Old 07-10-07, 09:05 PM

Is it just me or are you guys trying to diminish the original poster and the sale he's advertising by comparing it to a sale two full years ago?
Old 07-10-07, 11:20 PM

These don't show the whole Super Bowls right?
Old 07-10-07, 11:40 PM

Phod: Correct. Each set has 5 DVDs covering 10 Super Bowls, 2 per disc. I just pulled out a random disc (Super Bowl 9/10) to check the content of it. There is about 75 minutes of content for Super Bowl 9, but only about 20 of those 75 minutes are about the actual Super Bowl. The first 55 minutes describe the regular season, the rises and falls of various players/teams that year, and the playoffs. There are special features (mostly interviews) for each one presented as special features. I checked the content for Super Bowl 10 and it has a total of 47 minutes, with about 26 minutes actually being highlights for SB10.
Old 07-11-07, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, their not the whole game but who wants to sit thru an entire game. These are great highlights with more footage from the later Super Bowls then the earlier ones. I don't think they will ever release the DVDs with the entire games.
Old 07-11-07, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by C_Fletch
Yea, their not the whole game but who wants to sit thru an entire game. These are great highlights with more footage from the later Super Bowls then the earlier ones. I don't think they will ever release the DVDs with the entire games.
I actually think releasing DVDs with the full games would be a great idea for the NFL. They may work better as limited releases, but you know diehard fans would be all over the games their team won. I know I'd pay good money for Super Bowl IV if they would release it completely uncut.
Old 07-11-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by wilky61
Is it just me or are you guys trying to diminish the original poster and the sale he's advertising by comparing it to a sale two full years ago?
It's just you.

Old 07-15-07, 04:05 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts
Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
I know I'd pay good money for Super Bowl IV if they would release it completely uncut.
But you'd be out of luck, as I would buy every copy and burn them. My poor Vikings.......