Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Luciano Ercoli's Death Box Set

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-07, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luciano Ercoli's Death Box Set

Anyone have a copy of this box set? I'm curious if anyone else has had the last 2 scenes on Death Walks In High Heels freeze up and look like a computer glitch? I sent an email to no shame as I've had 2 copies do the exact same thing but all I get is an automatic reply.

If the dvd works for you maybe it's my player but my PC and PS2 don't even read the disc at all. Let me know what player worked for you!
Old 07-08-07, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Nope didn't have no problem with that set (Though I think I watched "High Heels" on my Xbox instead of my living room player) Got another player you could try it out with?
Old 07-08-07, 09:24 AM

It certainly worked on my PS3. I have only watched one movie - Death Walks at Midnight. That was fine. Will let you know about the other.

As for NoShame - I am not sure they are still in business. No releases in a long time. There was a thread on this in the International Forum. Pity! I have a lotof their disks and I enjoy the movies they release.
Old 07-08-07, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by a58chevy
Anyone have a copy of this box set? I'm curious if anyone else has had the last 2 scenes on Death Walks In High Heels freeze up and look like a computer glitch? I sent an email to no shame as I've had 2 copies do the exact same thing but all I get is an automatic reply.

If the dvd works for you maybe it's my player but my PC and PS2 don't even read the disc at all. Let me know what player worked for you!
This was a known defect of this title when it first came out. It plays fine on certain players, but can be glitchy on others. No Shame knew about the issue and claimed they were planning on fixing the problem and offering a replacement plan - but that never happened. So you basically just have to live with the disc as it is. I don't recall what players can/can't play the disc.
Old 07-09-07, 01:44 AM

I see. Right now my dvd player isn't caught up with my tv. Runing a cheapo wal-mart $40 player (apex I believe) on an LCD TV. Been thinking of getting a new dvd player though. Any recomendations?
Old 07-12-07, 07:58 PM

I can confirm no issues with both movies on my PS3. Actually an excellent print for Death Walks in High Heels. I hope NoShame gets back into business soon in the US.
Old 01-19-08, 02:52 PM

Did any replacement actually occur?

Last edited by andrash; 01-19-08 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-26-09, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Re: Luciano Ercoli's Death Box Set

Sorry to bump an old thread.

Just wondering if this release was the best version of both films.

Found a store that had it for $25 new and wanted to know before I went to pick it up.
Old 04-27-09, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Sorry to bump an old thread.

Just wondering if this release was the best version of both films.

Found a store that had it for $25 new and wanted to know before I went to pick it up.
I can pretty safely say that yes, this is the best version of these films. Plus you get a cd of tracks from the composer's other films which is great. And its also OOP and hard to come by now.
Old 04-27-09, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SethDLH
I can pretty safely say that yes, this is the best version of these films. Plus you get a cd of tracks from the composer's other films which is great. And its also OOP and hard to come by now.
Thanks!

Might have to pick it up sometime today then. Hopefully it's still there
Old 04-27-09, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just in case you werent aware, noshame films went under. but thankfully, mya is taking on a lot of their stuff.
Old 04-28-09, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hindolio
just in case you werent aware, noshame films went under. but thankfully, mya is taking on a lot of their stuff.
Did not know that originally but found out after lots of searching on the set

Ended up picking up the set new/sealed today for $20
Old 04-28-09, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ that is a sweet price. incidentally, mya seems to be releasing (or is it re-releasing?) a more than just a couple of noshame flicks pretty soon. some just recently oop and one honorable mention that is waaay oop - devil in the flesh woohoo!
Old 04-28-09, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hindolio
^ that is a sweet price. incidentally, mya seems to be releasing (or is it re-releasing?) a more than just a couple of noshame flicks pretty soon. some just recently oop and one honorable mention that is waaay oop - devil in the flesh woohoo!
I'm all for that

As for the price I got lucky. Then again Fry's Electronics really is the place to go for B&M DVD's. Other than their good prices they really are allergic to returning (older) DVD's to the distributors.

I was more than surprised randomly looking through the horror section and seeing more than a handful of OOP Horror and Cult DVD's.

The Ercoli Box Set was tagged $24.99 but when it was scanned at the register it was only $19.99. Too awesome.
Old 04-29-09, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Great price, i just paid retail (34.99) from diabolik dvd bc it was the only place i could find it that wasn't crazy expensive