Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Question with sorting "Double Feature" & "Midnite Movies" titles with DVD Profiler...

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Question with sorting "Double Feature" & "Midnite Movies" titles with DVD Profiler...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-07, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did a few searches and found no threads on the subject...

Recently purchased a few MGM Midnite Movies. I have a few other double feature discs that have two seperate movies on two sides of the disc. (Elvira, Grindhouse, Drive-In series) I use DVD Profiler and have entered in the UPCs, which brings up the profile and cover art just fine. However, DVD Profiler treats the DVD as a single movie, rather than two. (In sorting by date, genre, etc). A few of the titles have the profiles written with slashes, meaning that the use 1963 / 1968 as the date and put both movies descriptions in the description tab, which doesn't help me in the sorting process. I am also disappointed that all of my titles don't display any actor / actress information.

Was wondering on how others sort their "Double Features" and "Midnite Movies". Do you key in the UPC of the DVD, or do you add the titles individually? (What if the movies are not available seperately, such as the case with Midnite?) Is there another program out there that does a better job with these DVDs?
Old 07-07-07, 04:57 PM

this is one of the most time consuming aspects of tracking my movies. What I do most of the time is to put in a separate entry for each movie as discs of the 'box set' that is the double feature. That way it is sorted by the name of the double feature (whatever comes first, comes first).

As far as the situation where the movies are not available individually, I do the following
1) I look in profiler for ANY region where the movie is released.
2) if no success, then I manually create it. I do this by actually tripling the double/feature entry. In other words, I add it 3 times (i change the UPC each time to a dummy one so the system will let me do it). I then go into #2 and #3 (which will have the detail) and delete the movie info that doesn't apply. I then search the web (posters, VHS) for the best 'cover' art. Personally, I find movie posters to be the best.

The 'box set' is then minimized with the name of the movies only. I then rate each movie separately, and the rate the 'box' set as a hybrid of the 2 reviews

Yes, it is a pain, but this way I have
1) an accurate account of which movies I haven't seen
2) an accurate review for each movie.

The cost for each movie is simply 1/2 of the box set. I set the box set $ to 0.

I did this for all the Universal Legacy sets.. even though they may be 1 or 2 discs, they have 6 entries in my system.

Hope this helps!

Note: some times I just don't think this is worth the effort and leave things alone!
Old 07-08-07, 02:28 PM

Thank you very much for the suggestions. Though it seems like a lot of work, I guess this is what I am going to have to do.