DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Warner Special Editions - Prices dropped to $12.98 at DD

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-07, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warner Special Editions - Prices dropped to $12.98 at DD

http://www.deepdiscount.com/Warner-S...5VVviewcat.htm

I bet they were around 18.77 a couple of days back(at least for most of them) . Don't know if it's an intended price reduction and how long will it last !
Old 07-03-07, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

most of these aren't too hard to find for $9.99 or under if you're patient or watch the weekly ads.
Old 07-03-07, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I picked up most of these for $5 each at Best Buy back in February. Most, but not all, have been on sale for $9.99 each at other various times. I think even DD had B1G1F making the price around $10 each, so $12.98 seems high to me. I guess $12.98 is good for someone who needs them now and can't wait for the next deal. I've learned that patience is the key. [I see that cgray pretty much posted the same observations at the same time.]
Old 07-03-07, 11:21 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Manzana
I picked up most of these for $5 each at Best Buy back in February. Most, but not all, have been on sale for $9.99 each at other various times. I think even DD had B1G1F making the price around $10 each, so $12.98 seems high to me. I guess $12.98 is good for someone who needs them now and can't wait for the next deal. I've learned that patience is the key. [I see that cgray pretty much posted the same observations at the same time.]

that BB 300 promo disc glitch ruled

the only SE's i didn't get that day were VFVendetta, Batman and Batman Returns....

had to make an excuse to leave work in the middle of the day so i could hit a BB about 30 minutes away, but it was so worth it.

if you can afford 12.98 op, these editions are nice - but agreed that they will go on sale again before Summer is over.
Old 07-03-07, 06:43 PM
MGR

Strangers On A Train 2-Disc special edition.
I don't remember that title ever being in any of the earlier promotions/sales mentioned by previous posters.

That one could be a good deal at 12.98 at DD.

Sidenote: Last week at The Aero in Santa Monica, an art house theater, had a screening of Strangers On A Train, and Farley Granger was there and did a Q&A afterwards (he's also promoting his new autobiography).
And the show SOLDOUT, and even had to turn away two or three dozen people!