Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Cheers seasons 9, 10 and 11?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-07, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers seasons 9, 10 and 11?

Am really worried that these will never see the light of day. Why would you get all the way to 8 and then stop? Makes no sense! I could see it after just one or two seasons were bad sellers....anyone heard any reason for this? Rumor or otherwise?
Old 07-01-07, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been wondering the same thing. My guess is that Paramount is just taking a break from releasing Cheers & that once they release season 9, season's 10 & 11 will come soon after.
I hope thats the case anyway. I bought all 8 seasons of Cheers as part of Wal-Mart's "2 for $35" deal here in Canada & It's one of the few TV shows that I didn't buy the ind. seasons on the respective release dates.
I collect ALOT of TV ON DVD titles & I know first hand (as do many others) the letdown it is when you find out that no more seasons are being released on DVD after you invested in the first season.
If the first season of the show sells so poorly I guess I can see from a business stand point that it would be a waste of money to release more seasons for a show that sold poorly in the first place & usually Season 2 of a show sells worse than the first.
King of the Hill had 6 seasons released (I bought em') & after that FOX said they will not be releasing anymore seasons in the near future which to me is extremely poor loyalty to the customers & once your up to season 6 being released on DVD I think even if it the previous season sold piss poor, you should still release it out of respect for the people that did buy the previously released 6 seasons on DVD.
I'd love to have all 11 seasons already & why Paramount would think about taking a break like this is beyond me especially when you only have 3 seasons of the show left to release. I would think Paramount would just want to wrap up the series on DVD fast to move onto other shows being released.
The funny thing is that Paramount is actually pretty good in my opinion at releasing TV ON DVD in a pretty good timeframe season to season without taking long, long breaks.
FOX released M*A*S*H at a really good pace, & up to now Paramount was releasing Cheers at a decent pace as well.
If they don't release the final 3 seasons I will be extremely suprised. I hope Paramount gets around to release all the seasons of Hawaii Five-O as well because it's another 11 season show.
Paramount has alot of good titles but the ones with 11 seasons are the most stressful because you never know when they might just stop releasing more seasons on DVD.
Old 07-01-07, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Search is your friend. Existing discussion