DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

GREAT PRICE on LG BH 100 Blu Ray/HD-DVD Player

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-07, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GREAT PRICE on LG BH 100 Blu Ray/HD-DVD Player

LG BH 100 Blu Ray / HD DVD player

$799

For those of you still undecided on the HD player to buy I just found a GREAT price at http://www.hifitrader.com/dbprogram6.php?id=3565 for the
LG BH 100 Blu Ray / HD DVD player for $799 plus FREE SHIPPING and no sales tax. Granted it you get no free movies with this unit but you'll have the opportunity to play any HD movie on it. I for one don't want to be stuck with a player that can only play one format disc and especially when some of my shows will be on one format other than the machine I have. Toshiba's unit for $299 was and is a GREAT buy but I for one don't want to be stuck with one format player.
Old 06-27-07, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It might be a good price for that unit but it's not a good deal overall considering that it may not be fully BD-J/BD+ compliant (and probably never will be) and certainly not fully HD DVD compliant. For $800 you could get the Toshiba HD A2 and the Sony BDP-S300 and not worry about compliance (maybe). Also, the Samsung BD-UP5000 dual format player due out in August is rumoured to street for around $800.

Last edited by GMan2819; 06-27-07 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-27-07, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No offense to anyone that owns one, but this thing would not be a good deal at any price for me. It can barely be classified an HD DVD player, probably will not be compatabile with BD 1.1 and it costs a lot. As pointed out above, two machines or waiting for a better combo options would be a much better use of money.

As noted Buyer Beware: HD DVD playback may work, but many disc will not have use of special features with this machine. That is why it does not carry the HD DVD logo on it. Read reviews before purchasing.

Last edited by speedyray; 06-27-07 at 07:37 PM.