Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Disney/Pixar's WALL-E teaser trailer!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The teaser trailer for the next film from Pixar, WALL-E, due Summer 2008, is available in glorious HD!

Here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/walle/

Enjoy!
Old 06-15-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The beginning of the trailer and the transition from movie to movie impressed me more than the footage from the new film. That's not saying the new movie looks bad but I am just saying that is a great trailer.
Old 06-16-07, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This doesn't have me as excited as I was when I first heard of Ratatouille, but it's Pixar so I'll keep tabs on it. For some reason it smacks of E.T to me ...
Old 06-16-07, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After reading the Newsweek article from a few months ago, this is a film I can't wait for. It seems it'll be PIXAR's most ambitious project yet and this may be their first failure towards the general public, but with that, I welcome it with open arms.
Old 06-16-07, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Johnny5 is alive!
Old 06-16-07, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
Very cool teaser. Can't wait to see it next year.
Old 06-16-07, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting teaser, Pixar hasn't let me down yet, even though it does look like a mini Johnny 5
Old 06-16-07, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I enjoyed the teaser and the art from the other Pixar movies.

This has me more interested then the rat one
Old 06-16-07, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Like other's have said, Pixar hasnt disappointed yet, so Im excited...
Old 06-16-07, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I do feel sorry for Pixar when they do release a film that doesn't meet the high expectations of fans-the backlash will be loud, but I'm really for either more ambitious projects or the return of classic narratives/2-D.

So this does seem interesting
Old 06-16-07, 05:17 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
After reading the Newsweek article from a few months ago, this is a film I can't wait for. It seems it'll be PIXAR's most ambitious project yet and this may be their first failure towards the general public, but with that, I welcome it with open arms.
I can't wait. I showed it to a friend and he commented that the intro was really odd, and I said, "Well, it will be very difficult to sell the idea of Wall-E in a trailer, so instead of potentially confusing people this early on, they're trying to win their confidence by saying 'Hey, remember all those great movies you love and adore? This came from the same set of ideas.'" On a marketing level, I think it's genius. It gets people hyped for something without showing anything of importance. On a personal level, knowing what Wall-E is conceptually and narratively, I was hoping for more footage, but oh well. It will come in time.
Old 06-16-07, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
The plot has been posted on Wiki. Interesting concept, and certainly sounds better than Robots.

WALL-E is the story about the last little robot on Earth. He is a robot that his programming was to help clean up. You see, it's set way in the future. Through consumerism, rampant, unchecked consumerism, the Earth was covered with trash. And to clean up, everyone had to leave Earth and set in place millions of these little robots that went around to clean up the trash and make Earth habitable again. Well, the cleanup program failed with the exception of this one little robot and he's left on Earth doing his duty all alone. But it's not a story about science fiction. It's a love story, because, you see, WALL-E falls in love with [Eve], a robot from a probe that comes down to check on Earth, and she's left there to check on and see how things are going and he absolutely falls in love with her.
I didn't spoilerize since it's posted on Wiki and doesn't tell much anyhow.
Old 06-16-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I can't wait. I showed it to a friend and he commented that the intro was really odd, and I said, "Well, it will be very difficult to sell the idea of Wall-E in a trailer, so instead of potentially confusing people this early on, they're trying to win their confidence by saying 'Hey, remember all those great movies you love and adore? This came from the same set of ideas.'" On a marketing level, I think it's genius. It gets people hyped for something without showing anything of importance. On a personal level, knowing what Wall-E is conceptually and narratively, I was hoping for more footage, but oh well. It will come in time.

Yea, i really think the trailer is brilliant... it had me thinking though... why did they make The Incredibles and Cars before Wall-E? Do you think those two films were discussed at the "lunch" before Wall-E and they just didnt mention them?

-NiCK
Old 06-17-07, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
They had the Wall-E trailer before Ratatouille at the sneak preview. It looked great on the big screen and the audience buzzed with excitement.
Old 06-17-07, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow. Just wow.

I think the last time I've been blown away by visual style for a movie was Sin City. If Nemo or Toy Story was Alien, this is gonna be Blade Runner. The Brazil music kicked ass too...seems like it's got the Ridley Scott/Gilliam vibe to it. Count me in next summer.
Old 06-17-07, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Zodiac_Speaking
I do feel sorry for Pixar when they do release a film that doesn't meet the high expectations of fans-the backlash will be loud, but I'm really for either more ambitious projects or the return of classic narratives/2-D.

So this does seem interesting
The backlash might be loud, who knows, but I think the general public outside of the DVDtalk forum doesn't really think of animated movies in terms of studio. Most people see an animated movie and think, "Disney," regardless if it's Dreamworks or Fox or Sony or whoever. They just want something to babysit the kid for 90 minutes.

And if there was backlash, I think Pixar would stand up and defend the movie if they truly felt it was a quality film.
Old 06-17-07, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On a side note, did anyone else think the cafe where they were having their "lunch" is identical to the one seen in Grosse Pointe Blank when John Cusack meets up with Dan Ackroyd for breakfast?

Or do I just watch too many movies?

Old 06-17-07, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Looks good to me.
Old 06-17-07, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Looks promising.

No disassemble!
Old 06-17-07, 05:24 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Yea, i really think the trailer is brilliant... it had me thinking though... why did they make The Incredibles and Cars before Wall-E? Do you think those two films were discussed at the "lunch" before Wall-E and they just didnt mention them?

-NiCK
It's very possible that they wanted more movies under their belt before making Wall-E, or that the respective creators of Incredibles and Cars were so excited about their new ideas that they put the old idea on hold. Either way, I find it significant that they did not mention those movies as part of the meeting, as I think they're the weakest of all the Pixar films.
Old 06-17-07, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From the looks of it, they could have been waiting for the tech as well. I'm sure it was probably something boring like contracts though...
Old 06-17-07, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
It's very possible that they wanted more movies under their belt before making Wall-E, or that the respective creators of Incredibles and Cars were so excited about their new ideas that they put the old idea on hold. Either way, I find it significant that they did not mention those movies as part of the meeting, as I think they're the weakest of all the Pixar films.
The Incredibles is a Brad Bird project, none of the Pixar guys at the meeting would've talked about it as it was not their project; Brad Bird was not one of them yet. Also, you're probably in the minority with your opinion on the Incredibles.
Old 06-17-07, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Incredibles IMO is Pixar's best film yet. Followed by Finding Nemo.
Old 06-17-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
I'm definitely intrigued by this. I felt Cars was quite a stumble, and Ratatouille looks like a major step in the right direction, though I'm not sure how they'll overcome the cultural perception of rats as horrible, disease ridden creatures (unlike my wife, who not only wants a pet rat, she wants a hairless pet rat). But, it is a return to the world of humans, so that ability to bounce of the ways and ideas of humanity will be present. (My biggest problem with Cars was it was simply using cars as the characters; as substitutes for humans if you will. Pixar had never anthromorphized non-human animals and objects to that degree before, and it simply felt wrong)

I definitely like the feel of the tiny bit of Wall-E footage shown, and not just as a Pixar fan, but as a fan of thoughtful science fiction in general.
Old 06-18-07, 03:37 PM

I think I'm one of the few who didn't think Cars was a step down at all. I thoroughly enjoyed it. IMO, they haven't had a misstep yet - I'm on board.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.