Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Howling 5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-07, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howling 5?

Anybody knows if it's going to be released? I know it exists in a double-feature with Howling 6, but damn - all the Howling flicks received an individual treatment except for my favourite one. So will it be out there someday?
Old 06-16-07, 04:02 AM

This film is in a total oblivion as I get it...
Old 01-09-08, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I Loved the series.. but its only in "Double Feature"

My Beloved Series...
Old 01-09-08, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think there was a Howling 7. Wasn't it called New Moon Rising or something?
Old 01-09-08, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
I think there was a Howling 7. Wasn't it called New Moon Rising or something?

It didnt make the DVD ... only in VHS...

Australians (Part 7's setting) were so proud therefore they released it exclusively in their Country
Old 01-09-08, 12:58 AM

I love Howling 2. I even have the soundtrack in my truck.

"In the pale, pale light, pale, pale light of the moon yo... HOWL!"

Obviously watching Sybil ripping off her shirt 20 sometimes during the song at the ending credits makes it that much sweeter.
Old 01-09-08, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by xage
It didnt make the DVD ... only in VHS...

Australians (Part 7's setting) were so proud therefore they released it exclusively in their Country
NEW MOON RISING (Part 7) was filmed in California's 'Pioneertown' - not Australia. I used to work with one of the female country singers (who worked as a receptionist at a company I was at in 1990 or so) who appears in the film and who sings a couple of those endless country songs. I remember her talking about Pioneertown a lot back then, but never knew what the hell she was talking about until I rented HOWLING 7 on video. Whoa, baby!!! Don't think I'll be visiting Pioneertown anytime soon, but I was amused at my former co-workers on-stage talents. The movie was pretty wretched, but I bet it gets film festival screenings in Pioneertown to this day! Ya, I think there was a werewolf in the movie, too, for a minute or two.
Old 01-09-08, 01:25 AM

Ooops, I stand Corrected.. Yes.. You are indeed correct..

the one in my mind was Howling 3..

But then again, Howling 7 was only released in Australian Region DVD

Thanks again for the correction

Originally Posted by man*machine
NEW MOON RISING (Part 7) was filmed in California's 'Pioneertown' - not Australia. I used to work with one of the female country singers (who worked as a receptionist at a company I was at in 1990 or so) who appears in the film and who sings a couple of those endless country songs. I remember her talking about Pioneertown a lot back then, but never knew what the hell she was talking about until I rented HOWLING 7 on video. Whoa, baby!!! Don't think I'll be visiting Pioneertown anytime soon, but I was amused at my former co-workers on-stage talents. The movie was pretty wretched, but I bet it gets film festival screenings in Pioneertown to this day! Ya, I think there was a werewolf in the movie, too, for a minute or two.
Old 01-09-08, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
My Beloved Series...
For me Howling 3 was the bee's knees
All the rest are still vhs holdovers till a box set of some sort comes out
Old 01-09-08, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
All the rest are still vhs holdovers till a box set of some sort comes out
And even you don't have #7, even though you don't mind VHS. What a poor, poor, poor maligned film that was! I actually feel sorry for it. Not really.
Old 01-09-08, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by man*machine
And even you don't have #7, even though you don't mind VHS. What a poor, poor, poor maligned film that was! I actually feel sorry for it. Not really.
I've never seen #7, anywhere
Old 01-09-08, 07:15 AM

I've never seen #7, anywhere
It is around. I havent seen the film yet and I am not in any rush just yet either

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/70594...n/Product.html
Old 01-09-08, 03:28 PM
Cool New Member

My Beloved Series...
Man, avoid that Howling 5/6 Double Feature DVD. I did a side-by-side comparison of this and the old OOP Artisan disc, and this new DVD is much worse. Compared to Artisan's Double Feature, the image quality is noticeably worse (which is bad, considering Artisan's wasn't exactly all that good to begin with). And, the Artisan disc had Stereo audio, while this new disc has 2-channel Mono.

The Artisan Double Feature DVD is available again on the Amazon marketplace and prices are pretty low, I would suggest to anyone who doesn't have it and wants it to buy it now.
Old 01-09-08, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Giggles
Anybody knows if it's going to be released? I know it exists in a double-feature with Howling 6, but damn - all the Howling flicks received an individual treatment except for my favourite one. So will it be out there someday?
Yeah, but this way you're getting two movies fro the price of one, so I don't see how that's a problem? Granted, I think that 5 is one of the best of the series (a nice take on 10 Little Indians), but 6 is no better or worse than any of the other sequels, so consider it bargain.
Old 01-09-08, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by SliceOfHorse
Man, avoid that Howling 5/6 Double Feature DVD. I did a side-by-side comparison of this and the old OOP Artisan disc, and this new DVD is much worse. Compared to Artisan's Double Feature, the image quality is noticeably worse (which is bad, considering Artisan's wasn't exactly all that good to begin with). And, the Artisan disc had Stereo audio, while this new disc has 2-channel Mono.

The Artisan Double Feature DVD is available again on the Amazon marketplace and prices are pretty low, I would suggest to anyone who doesn't have it and wants it to buy it now.

For $3? .. its well worth it for 2 (Bad) movies.
Old 01-10-08, 03:26 PM
Cool New Member

That's true. I bought one from Wal-Mart for like $4 or $5 to see what it was like, but I have no idea what I did with it now.
Old 01-10-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have the DVD version of "Howling 3" which you pictured. Anybody know if that version is different than the version Xage showed? I'm assuming Xage's version is also R1.

DVDspot lists two R1 versions with my cover. Mine is UPC 790594667320. An identical cover shows up for UPC 790594667221. There is a copy with no cover art pictured with UPC 790954663207.
Old 01-11-08, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
Yeah, but this way you're getting two movies fro the price of one, so I don't see how that's a problem? Granted, I think that 5 is one of the best of the series (a nice take on 10 Little Indians), but 6 is no better or worse than any of the other sequels, so consider it bargain.
Technically you're right, but I just hate double features But given no other choice I guess it's the only solution. If only they don't release it in the end.

I Loved the series.. but its only in "Double Feature"

My Beloved Series...
Xage, I never get tired of looking at your DVDs. Although I only like the first and fifth parts, they look so nice altogether I might consider buying them all