Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Net Flix Watch Now [merged]

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Net Flix Watch Now [merged]

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-07, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Net Flix Watch Now

Just curious what the NF users are thinking about the new Watch Now that lets you watch 1hr of movie for every $1.00 of your monthly fee. So my fee is $18 and I get 18 hours a month.

Right now they are all old movies and they have a little over 2000.

Quality is not bad depending on the move watching on my computer. Rates are pretty fast with broadband...about a 30 sec wait.

I emailed them to request more options in viewing. I won't use this for the simply fact that I don't watch movies from my computer. That's what the TV is for.

I have a Home Theater Mac hooked up to my TV.

The new service only works with IE and Windows. I think this is an awesome idea though.

What are thoughts.
Old 06-11-07, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts
It's not all old movies. There's some interesting items on there, stuff for kids, and even some exercise videos that my wife has tried out. I wouldn't pay for it, but as an added bonus to an already existing account it's a nice feature.
Old 06-11-07, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I watched the Maxed Out the other day. Quality was fine on my laptop.
Old 06-15-07, 02:36 PM

I have watched a few movies as well with decent quality. I run my laptop through my TV and it looks fine. Obviously, some movies are better quality than others. I have primarily watched some older movies that I didn't want to waste on a rental.
Old 06-15-07, 02:39 PM

List of Netflix Watch Now movies?

Anyone have a downloadable list of all of the movies that are available through Netflix Watch Now? Browsing through the website is a bore and you can't do a search on simply those titles that are available on Watch Now.
Old 06-15-07, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
The quality has been fine for me, was happy to see League of Gentlemen (which officially creeps me out, but I wanted to finish the first season) and Welcome to the Dollhouse on there, amongst others.
Old 06-16-07, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Webber
Anyone have a downloadable list of all of the movies that are available through Netflix Watch Now? Browsing through the website is a bore and you can't do a search on simply those titles that are available on Watch Now.
Browsing through the website is a bore, but if you go to Watch Now, you can browse through all the titles available to watch by title or star rating.
Old 06-16-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cisman
I emailed them to request more options in viewing. I won't use this for the simply fact that I don't watch movies from my computer.
Old 06-16-07, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The girlfriend and I watched a Barry Manilow concert a few weeks ago on a drunken Saturday night. Good, cheesy fun. But that's the only thing I've watched so far.
Old 06-17-07, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
I've watched several documentaries, several classics, and am working through the original The Outer Limits series.

I don't use it at home, but it's nice to have up on one of my computers at work. They seem to be continually adding newer movies, and movies of better quality. I'm glad they added the feature.
Old 06-17-07, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
I can't imagine the work day without the internet, I might actually be productive.