Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Ultimate oliver Stone Collection - $10.99 after rebate at FYE

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-07, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultimate oliver Stone Collection - $10.99 after rebate at FYE

I picked up the The Ultimate Oliver Stone Collection at FYE on Saturday. The price was $35.99 (great price by itself) but had a rebate and was $10.99 after rebate. The set has 14 discs (12 movies, one documentary and one bonus disc. The movies are: Salvador / Platoon / Wall Street / Talk Radio / Born on the Fourth of July / JFK Director's Cut / The Doors / Heaven and Earth / Natural Born Killers / Nixon / U-Turn / Any Given Sunday Director's Cut and it has the documentary "Oliver Stone's America".

A couple of the movies are only disc one of a 2 disc set (The Doors, Platoon, not sure of others).

Not sure how long it lasts, but a great buy IMO.
Old 06-11-07, 08:54 AM
HTN

Just an FYI, here's a few other $9.99 AR titles at FYE B&M. (Link )

Also, was that a $26 rebate for the Oliver Stone Collection making it $9.99 AR?
Old 06-11-07, 09:00 AM

The sticker on the front said $10.99 after rebate. It was not with the other $9.99 sets. haven;t sent in rebate form yet, so I'm not positive. It may be $9.99.
Old 06-11-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts
How are they with rebates, pretty quick? I hate rebates but this seems like a really good deal
Old 06-11-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by beavis69
How are they with rebates, pretty quick? I hate rebates but this seems like a really good deal
They're lame. I did two (online so no sticker) that didn't require UPC according to the form. They declined both d/t no UPC. I called and they gave me both "as a courtesy"--no mention of there lieing scheming ways.

When you get the item in store, there's usually a sticker you can send in (even if UPC not required). I've had good luck with that.
Old 06-11-07, 02:16 PM

FYE is notorious for declining rebates with no notification to the customer. Make sure that you keep copies of everything, keep track of all rebate amounts, and keep checking the status on their website. You have to stay on top of them, or you may never get your rebates.
Old 06-11-07, 02:29 PM
PPP

What an amazing deal on that set. WOW!
Old 06-11-07, 03:49 PM

I hate having to cut a hole in the box to send in these rebates. The price sticker has the exact same code as the UPC...does that suffice?
Old 06-11-07, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The FYE price sticker works for rebates, yes.
Old 06-12-07, 07:05 AM

I picked this up yesterday. it was priced 35.99 with a $26 rebate. By my math, the box set ends up being $9.99. at least it was in my case. I've been debating this for a while, but for $10 i can't pass it up! Thanks OP.

Also, thanks to Liquid Death. i didn't want to have to cut a hole in the box of the set.
Old 06-12-07, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got this on saturday... had a couple of the movies already, but this deal is awesome, even if like me you arent the biggest OS fan... Im very thankful for the cashier for peeling off the UPC sticker and putting it on the rebate form... any time I DONT have to cut up a box, the better

Made copies of everything, and even made notice in the sent rebate that I did so, just in case they think they can toss it away

... seems like most rebates go to El Paso TX for processing from many different sources
Old 06-12-07, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't have a store near me but I did pick it up for $35 online, great price anyways.